I'll Try Again, Hi Guys, I'm New!

Deconstructer

I picked Imperials and am sitting at character creation debating over what class to pick. I want a light saber but my main focus is on the story. Which class has the best story for Imperials in your opinion? I was told that Agent and Inquisitor do, and I'm somewhat leaning towards Inquisitor, but a few people I talked to were adamant that Agent had the best story. Thoughts anyone?

I picked Imperials and am sitting at character creation debating over what class to pick. I want a light saber but my main focus is on the story. Which class has the best story for Imperials in your opinion? I was told that Agent and Inquisitor do, and I'm somewhat leaning towards Inquisitor, but a few people I talked to were adamant that Agent had the best story. Thoughts anyone?

IA is the best story by far. Inquistor is a "cartoon villian story" with very poor writing. If you want to be imperial with a sabre, your best bet is Sith Warrior. :cool:

Sith Side: Agent and Sith Warrior were my favorites....

Republic Side: Smuggler and Trooper....

Edited by Monoth

IA is the best story IMO, but if you want a light saber, it seems that most people talk highly of the Sith Warrior story.

If you want to pick based on combat, it's like this:

Warrior > Marauder, melee dps, /Juggernaut, tank or melee

Inquisitor > Sorcerer, heals or ranged caster, / Assassin, melee dps or tank with stealth ability

Imperial Agent > Operative, melee dps or healer with stealth / Sniper, ranged dps

Bounty Hunter > Mercenary, ranged dps or healer / Powertech, tank or melee dps

IA is the best story by far. Inquistor is a "cartoon villian story" with very poor writing. If you want to be imperial with a sabre, your best bet is Sith Warrior. :cool:

^this

Inq. story is terrible imo (force ghost nonsense had me wincing and rushing to gt it over with so I could level and run next character/story way back when.

IA story is REALLY good imo...(by far the best) ...BH isn't bad...Sith warrior is meh....

Pub-side again the jedi stoires are awful...consular being even worse than jk, though they are both bad...

Smugg. is pretty good and so is trooper.

Just my two-credits....your mileage may vary :)

Edited by LrdRahvin

Opinions are pretty varied, though. One person's trash is another person's treasure.

While most people seem to think the IA story is the best, I've met a few that loathe it. It's not a good story for someone that wants to be a celebrated hero (or villain). It's probably the darkest and most convoluted story.

If you like stealthing around like a rogue, being melee, or healing, go Operative.

If you like being ranged, go sniper.

If you're considering doing end game raid content, you'd have an easier time getting a spot as a sniper rather than an operative dps, though healers are always in short supply.

I thought snipers were overall more fun than operative. The cover mechanic is a little hard to get used to at first.

Sith warrior is the epitome of a dark force user in Star Wars. It has all the elements you'd want and a really interesting narrative. Because of that it is my favorite. The other stories like agent are nice but not specific to the Star Wars lore. Edited by Tim-ONeil

Alright I think I will go with IA. How soon am I going to have to start thinking about advanced classes, and any thoughts to preferences with an IA, or is it just taste and playstyle?

Maybe experiment with a couple different classes before settling on one for the journey. It only takes a couple hours to get a character to level 10 (where you choose an advanced class).

While I really enjoy the Agent story line... dual wielding light sabers as a Sith was just too good to pass up for me personally, so I saved agent for later. :)

All of them are good, if you enjoy Star wars and getting imersed in your character. Choose the class you think you will enjoy playing the most.

As everything, it is possible to hate things if you will yourself to do it. Its a good game, enjoy it, its the most important part. Dont buy into the haters, they dont know what they are talking about.

Edited by Nemmar

I agree with others, I think that Imperial Agent has one of the best stories in the game.

Sith Warrior is a good story with a few very predictable points.

The Inquisitor is a lot like tomb raiding which most people found very boring but some people like it.

The Agent is a good story but it would be foolish to say its much much better than the others. It has a problem in that by the end eveything has changed.

Lol. But all my friends played imperial. I'm always a good guy whenever I make a character in an RPG, I wanna be the bad guy for a change ;)

Welcome, first of all.

You know, you could always be a Sith Warrior for the saber, but make all Light Side choices; you can be the good guy, AND the bad guy. Best of both worlds.

Do not believe that Republic is good and Empire is bad. It is the difference between US and Russia some people are good some people are bad. But the Republic military's officers can be pretty evil too and Empire decisions can sometimes be considered good. This is the beauty of this game. Good and Evil are not what they seem.

If you like stealthing around like a rogue, being melee, or healing, go Operative.

If you like being ranged, go sniper.

If you're considering doing end game raid content, you'd have an easier time getting a spot as a sniper rather than an operative dps, though healers are always in short supply.

I thought snipers were overall more fun than operative. The cover mechanic is a little hard to get used to at first.

guess again, there is an overpopulation of healers

i havent been able to get a consistent raid spot despite being a skilled and geared healer since i came back to TOR almost 2 months ago..iv tried many different guilds, they all promise a spot but thats just lip service

All Imperial classes have different 'tones'.

IA arguably has the most 'adult' story. It is, however, not a very hero-like 'profession' and lacks a certain amount of flair. You are a highly skilled and highly trained individual but you will get little to no recognition and fame for your actions.

Many overlook the bounty hunter who is a little like a 'space cowboy'. An extra advantage is that he/she can be played as a ranged DD, tank or healer.

The inquisitor's story is a little childish and one-dimensional in my opinion. As the class representing famous templates like the Emperor from the movies there just isn't this certain aura of evil present in it. 'The power of the dark side' turns out to be little more than a simple ghost story. Cool char to play though, but very disappointing story-wise.

The Sith Warrior gives you the opportunity to either play a Vader-like villain or an honorable fighter type. Personally, I didn't like the fact that almost to the very end you play little more than a brawny lackey with some puppet master pulling your strings all the time......but wielding two light sabers while making impossible long-distance jumps at enemies DOES look very, very cool indeed sometimes......