Purple grade 6 crew mission nerfs: Why?

Rhesus_TOR

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Response would be clear in a world where CS droids carefully read the tickets submitted and understand them. However, experience tells us that is not the world we live in, and any CS droid answer is subject to further conflicting responses and canned answers.

Unfortunately true. They've been known to give erroneous answers - sometimes nothing to do with the question in the ticket to begin with.

Thanks for posting the response to your ticket, though. I'm just hoping this particular CS Droid is mistaken ;)

Was this ever reported in the PTS ? I don't remember seein such a thing.

No one test properly at PTS. Bioware refused to copy characters to PTS to test, except some players from hard-core guilds and clearly those hard-core players don't care about crafting materials. Or about black hole commendations. Or about right-clicking on names in chat. Or about Voidstar. Or about the GTN. Or about any of the other bugs or that got through.

Bioware got the testers they wanted.

The result is plain to see for everyone.

No one test properly at PTS. Bioware refused to copy characters to PTS to test, except some players from hard-core guilds and clearly those hard-core players don't care about crafting materials. Or about black hole commendations. Or about right-clicking on names in chat. Or about Voidstar. Or about the GTN. Or about any of the other bugs or that got through.

Bioware got the testers they wanted.

The result is plain to see for everyone.

If they had kept the public test servers up between big patches and had the QA team communicate with the regular testers on a daily basis, they wouldn't have alienated the regular testing community that would be dedicated to actually testing the game either.

There were so many people from SWG's (and other games') dedicated testing community that came over here to dedicate themselves to testing and improving the game and play on the public test server as their permanent home, but Bioware's decision to not keep the server up and not lend them aid in testing already drove most of these players away from the game, just as the lack of support for roleplayers and socializers with features like chat bubbles, being able to sit on all chairs, having all emotes proerly animated (including the /sleep and /liedown emote) and more drove that group of players away in droves...

Edited by Glzmo

chat bubbles, being able to sit on all chairs, having all emotes proerly animated (including the /sleep and /liedown emote) and more drove that group of players away in droves...

LOL chat bubble and sitting on chairs. Good god, give it a rest on chat bubbles, they have zero impact on a game. If you are leaving a game due to chat bubbles and an inability to lie down and sleep odds are you would have found something else to cry about and left anyway. What drove players away in droves was a lack of content and the fact that people expected this to be as polished as WoW upon release.

LOL chat bubble and sitting on chairs. Good god, give it a rest on chat bubbles, they have zero impact on a game. If you are leaving a game due to chat bubbles and an inability to lie down and sleep odds are you would have found something else to cry about and left anyway. What drove players away in droves was a lack of content and the fact that people expected this to be as polished as WoW upon release.

lmao, one of "those", believing what they want is more important than what others want and they need to tell people about it

Edited by wainot-keel

I was hoping this would be fixed in this patch as well.

Perhaps Bioware could give us some idea of which bugs they are prioritising at the moment and which ones we'll have to wait a long time to be fixed?

The patch fixed nothing....two minor issues. No bug fixes....those, are not high priority! ;)

You know all this stuff they break every patch is starting to get really frustrating to remaining paying customer base. It really makes you wonder just what they are doing and why they can't get people to fix these problems in a timely manner. I know there is more code then someone can shake a stick at however clearly there is a break down or something just not getting done. Things like this should be fixed with 72 hours of the problem being noted and they are just not on the ball, or they have had to many losses. Something just is not right.

Kinda makes me wonder if they even want to keep the people that are still here. Maybe they want to push everyone to cancel to move to the FTP mode to milk more cash out of them later. Ugh. I am really starting to wonder if they value the player base. While comparing to blizzard may not be fair, in the eyes of someone paying a monthly fee to play a game that is not getting fixed in a timely manner, its all the same. :rak_02:

Edited by CybermanZero

Kinda makes me wonder if they even want to keep the people that are still here. Maybe they want to push everyone to cancel to move to the FTP mode to milk more cash out of them later. Ugh. I am really starting to wonder...

Wow, I think you hit it right on the head! They obviously want to get rid of their paying customers, devious ba$terds!

:rolleyes:

So they add new content, have a bug that really only hardcore crafters even care about, actually address the forums to say "sorry, we're going to fix this mistake" ; and people are still mad because it's not being fixed in LESS than a patch cycle?

No offense but you do see now why they prefer not to discuss game changes and fixes with us, right?

Edited by Kerensk

Wow, I think you hit it right on the head! They obviously want to get rid of their paying customers, devious ba$terds!

So my sarcasm did not come across? sorry. Truth be told I am not a "Hard core crafter". I supply stims and adreneals to my guild so that we can do the new content. I have enough supplies for 2 weeks but I doubt that my guild would be the only one affected in this manner. Do I expect things to be fixed fast that they broke? HECK YES. However any company running an MMO could do more then what they are. The problem with the Crafting missions are not even up on the known problems list. Not to mention they keep creating these problems each patch (chest in denova no longer lootable).

The bottom line is that people are getting frustrated. They ARE running their player base off, even if they don't mean to. There has to be a better way. So lets shift this to ideas maybe help them identify problems, Maybe ask more people to test? do more character transfers to the PTR ? Listen to the players more? Update threads regarding problems quicker? Maybe make a check list for each problem that is uncovered to make sure its handled correctly? I would think some of this is already in place. Who knows, just trying to toss out ideas to help. :confused:

Edited by CybermanZero