Black Hole Feedback

Just wanted to share some of my opinions on the new Black Hole dailies. Please note this is from Republic point of view only, couldn't comment on the Imperial dailies yet.

I have one major gripe before I talk about the individual quests and that's the whole thing with it being a console-given quest. Look, I appreciate that it's going to be extra work getting voice actors in for every quest, but that's what we were promised. At least have them for some of the quests in an area - the main story content of that area. Black Hole doesn't even have that, and the result? I don't really know - or care - what's going on there. I really don't want to sound cliche with this whole "Oh but now it's fully voiced I care about why my character is doing this quest" thing but there it is. I know what's going on on Ilum, I know what's happening on Belsavis (and of course I skip the dialogue on both those planets now, but I retained that information). But the Black Hole? *shrug*

Anyway, that aside...

Criminal Crackdown

I'm a big fan of public quests, rifts, dynamic events, etc, and area missions are about as close to this kind of content SWTOR has managed to come so far which is shame because it feels quite flat. This one is a kill quest, followed by a collection quest, followed by a final fight quest. Nothing to see here really.

Stolen VIctory

Boring pinata quest. Hit enemies until stuff falls out of them. Moving on.

Forced Labor

Boring collection quest. Again, nothing really to see. It's as basic and bland as it gets.

Counter-Eco Terrorism

Okay, starting to get a little more interesting now. I quite like this one. Yeah so it's still killing things, and you're still clicking on objects in the world, but it mixes it up a bit and the whole thing has a lot more context than the prior quests because of the extra steps involved. Not bad.

Eyes and Ears

By far the most interesting quest in the Black Hole, avoiding the security is a nice way to change up the gameplay. I do feel that an opportunity was lost though - it would have been nice to see a bonus (nothing huge, maybe one extra daily comm or a few more (thousand) credits) for getting through without tripping any alarms. But the main thing is that it's different, and dailies absolutely must try to be different.

Chasing the Shadow (Heroic)

This was the best quest in Black Hole in terms of combat. The trash is a little stale but not terrible, and balance seems okay (we two manned it but we're in full gear). The final boss is actually pretty awesome, it was really nice to see that kind of encounter outside a flashpoint or story instance. More of that please. Even if it's just basic abilities like his airstrike being a big don't stand in fire, his ship flying over and dropping the bombs really gives it that edge.

Okay, so there it is. As far as dailies go, there's quite a way to go before swtor rivals other games in terms of daily mission content, but I do think you're starting to get it. I hope the next set of dailies are even more different and varied, but I also hope that at least some of them are fully voiced.

I dunno about the republic side but on empire the heroic quest is picked up from a person with a voice acted cutscene. And the rest are from a console. I get what you mean but I feel its better like this where the main story of the area (the heroic) has got cut scene and dialogue to immerse yourself, where as the other quests - yeah you would feel a bit more purpose if they had dialogue but because they're so small and well essentially just little tasks, some might find it more convienient to just grab them all from this console rather than space barring the same 5 cutscenes everyday

I dunno about the republic side but on empire the heroic quest is picked up from a person with a voice acted cutscene. And the rest are from a console. I get what you mean but I feel its better like this where the main story of the area (the heroic) has got cut scene and dialogue to immerse yourself, where as the other quests - yeah you would feel a bit more purpose if they had dialogue but because they're so small and well essentially just little tasks, some might find it more convienient to just grab them all from this console rather than space barring the same 5 cutscenes everyday

wow, that is so unfair, more empire favoritism. The only voice acting we get is the original quest you pick up in the fleet that sends you to the daily area for the first time. And OP good commentary on the quests.