Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Pugs shouldn't have to face organized groups. It's like beating up an angry puppy. Why aren't all these amazing premades facing each other, anyways?

Why? By what logic are people entitled, in a competitive endeavor, to have their opposition limited to people who have made no effort to improve their competitiveness?

Is Pee-Wee football really the model we want to adopt for activities we engage in as adults? We already have a system where everybody gets a trophy. That's fine. People made an investment of time, they get rewarded for that time. This goes beyond people asking to be compensated for their time. This is people asking directly to be given wins.

I'm truly asking... Why do people think they have the right to win 50% of the time, when they are in lower 50th percentile in terms of talent? The top 10% are gonna win 90% of the time, the bottom 10% are going to lose 90% of the time. That's life. Why do people think it's a reasonable expectation to ask Bioware to keep removing the opposition until they are in the top 10% of their particular 10% bracket?

And btw, if premades are in every WZ, then presumably premades are in fact facing premades in every WZ...

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm truly asking... Why do people think they have the right to win 50% of the time, when they are in lower 50th percentile in terms of talent? The top 10% are gonna win 90% of the time, the bottom 10% are going to lose 90% of the time. That's life. Why do people think it's a reasonable expectation to ask Bioware to keep removing the opposition until they are in the top 10% of their particular 10% bracket?

And btw, if premades are in every WZ, then presumably premades are in fact facing premades in every WZ...

What? In what sport do they have organized teams take on PUGs? I have never once seen an organized team on a PUG court in a PUG game in any sport. Lebron James doesn't bring the Miami Heat to play in the Miami rec league, he plays against other NBA teams. Do you know what Lebron James does in charity games, against other NBA players? He plays AGAINST D-Wade, his friend and teammate in organized games.

The other guy too, insisting the best way to run a business is to annoy the majority of players. It's just mind boggling. You people are blatantly just choosing to make the most ridiculous arguments you can come up with now just to see if you can get reactions from people.

The other guy too, insisting the best way to run a business is to annoy the majority of players. It's just mind boggling. You people are blatantly just choosing to make the most ridiculous arguments you can come up with now just to see if you can get reactions from people.

funny, i thought that was what YOU were doing

We already have proof you can split solo and group queues: WoW.

And no, we don't care that the group queue got pushed up to a few minute wait. Since the group you play in is so good, you won't mind waiting a couple minutes to play against another premade.

Why? By what logic are people entitled, in a competitive endeavor, to have their opposition limited to people who have made no effort to improve their competitiveness?

Is Pee-Wee football really the model we want to adopt for activities we engage in as adults? We already have a system where everybody gets a trophy. That's fine. People made an investment of time, they get rewarded for that time. This goes beyond people asking to be compensated for their time. This is people asking directly to be given wins.

Nobody wants a free 50% win rate. The fact of the matter is solo queue is a severe disadvantage to a group. It's not even remotely close.

Whether you want to admit it or not, most PvP players are solo queue.

so the whinners on this thread basically want people to NOT play with thier friends in a star wars large scale MMO

and fyi we arent in mumble/vent to "pwn the noobs with our sick stratz" , we do it to talk and have fun ,

and a premade of 2 is still a premade group, so most of you know its more fun to play with people

I don't think it's that at all.

Two things I would like to see changed:

1) Pugs vs Pugs, Groups vs Groups. If you group queue more than 2, you'll get put against at least another group of 3/4.

2) Whatever exploit people are using to get 2x 4 man groups (8 people) into the same warzone, needs to be labeled an exploit and punished.

Hey let's punish people that want to play with their friends in on a multiplayer game? Am I missing something?

Lol but no really.. I do see the point of the seperate que idea. I would be interested to see how that would unfold though.

Please show me where we asked to punish people who wanted to play with their friends.... The fact is we didn't.... Were asking for a PUG only option for warzones, people who want to play in the normal warzones that include both pugs and premades can, those who want to play with only Pugs can also... It's not brain surgery, yet people ignore this simple logic and act like the sky is falling....

Premade aren't the problem. The matchmaking is the problem. How can 2 premade can be match together against PUG ? Optimize your matchmaking BW.

Here a good exemple :

I agree on the matchmaking. Matchmaking should have an algorithm in place to at very least, never put 2 4 mans together and favor matching 4 man against 4 man with bothe having various numbers of 1 or 2 man groups teamed with them. So a PUG will face premades, but they will also have a premade. This would keep the queues popping for both sides yet provide a reasonable solution.

I agree on the matchmaking. Matchmaking should have an algorithm in place to at very least, never put 2 4 mans together and favor matching 4 man against 4 man with bothe having various numbers of 1 or 2 man groups teamed with them. So a PUG will face premades, but they will also have a premade. This would keep the queues popping for both sides yet provide a reasonable solution.

^ this is good solution. Most fair games were solo pug vs. solo pug and (premade + solo pug) vs. (premade + solo pug).

Pure premades vs pure premades will be empty so far, cuz we already have ranked.

Current system with solo pg vs premade is full sh*t.

What? In what sport do they have organized teams take on PUGs? I have never once seen an organized team on a PUG court in a PUG game in any sport. Lebron James doesn't bring the Miami Heat to play in the Miami rec league, he plays against other NBA teams. Do you know what Lebron James does in charity games, against other NBA players? He plays AGAINST D-Wade, his friend and teammate in organized games.

Using language like "organized team" and making comparisons to Lebron James is just a way to create an illusion of stratification that isn't really there. There are no "professionals" here. Unranked WZs is all just pick up games at the park. Some people bring three of their friends, some people walk down there by themselves.

Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..

What if my wife and me want to be in same team?

Last night, I was queuing with my guild and several games in a row, the entire enemy team would quit in the first minute of the match after we would wipe their entire team. I've always been against the mentality displayed in this thread, but a remark made by my guildie made me think about it and consider it, "We could 4v8 these baddies no problem, prolly 3 cap them." So, honestly; I do agree. It's not fair. You have players who are so far apart skill/gear wise that a full WH+ premade of players that normally queue for rateds can dominate the other team so badly it isn't fun.

Last night, I was queuing with my guild and several games in a row, the entire enemy team would quit in the first minute of the match after we would wipe their entire team. I've always been against the mentality displayed in this thread, but a remark made by my guildie made me think about it and consider it, "We could 4v8 these baddies no problem, prolly 3 cap them." So, honestly; I do agree. It's not fair. You have players who are so far apart skill/gear wise that a full WH+ premade of players that normally queue for rateds can dominate the other team so badly it isn't fun.

its not skill+gear wise.

WH gear is so ridiculously easy to acquire now. gear gap is no longer a crutch; if you actually participate in PvP you can earn full WH in less than a week.

its just a skill gap. which with minimal effort most players could close significantly. but theyd rather ask bioware to nerf the other guys ad infinitum

Just finished playing 7 games. 3 of those games I was in a premade group, all three games were against full PUG opponents. 3 of those games I ran solo, all 3 games my opponents consisted of atleast 1 premade of 4, only 1 of those games was a full Pug Vs Pug game. I realize this is a relatively small sample size but this is not the first time this has occurred, it is the norm and has been for several months.

The matchmaking system, if any exists, is doing a horrendous job at adequately matching opponents. It most definitely sacrifices everything to achieve the fastest Warzone Queue pop possible. While convenient for a fast queue pop it tosses fair, evenly matched competition under the bus. While this will appease players in the short term, it will most certainly displease the overwhelming majority in the long term, as evident by this thread and many like it, and has no prospect for longevity. We seriously need Cross Realm Function, Adequate and a much, much more robust matchmaking system and lastly better matching of Premades Vs Premades and Pugs Vs Pugs.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

Just finished playing 7 games. 3 of those games I was in a premade group, all three games were against full PUG opponents. 3 of those games I ran solo, all 3 games my opponents consisted of atleast 1 premade of 4, only 1 of those games was a full Pug Vs Pug game. I realize this is a relatively small sample size but this is not the first time this has occurred, it is the norm and has been for several months.

The matchmaking system, if any exists, is doing a horrendous job at adequately matching opponents. It most definitely sacrifices everything to achieve the fastest Warzone Queue pop possible. While convenient for a fast queue pop it tosses fair, evenly matched competition under the bus. While this will appease players in the short term, it will most certainly displease the overwhelming majority in the long term, as evident by this thread and many like it, and has no prospect for longevity. We seriously need Cross Realm Function, Adequate and a much, much more robust matchmaking system and lastly better matching of Premades Vs Premades and Pugs Vs Pugs.

I can honestly get behind some cross-server pvp. I wish it happened yesterday but for now me and my buds made some new alts, so I hope I can keep getting matched up against pug groups to easily gear them out faster. Which lucky for me, the matchmaking puts my 3 friends and myself against pugs about 9 out of 10 times. Pretty good odds.

the gear gap is fine imo as well but I don't like when people say there isn't one. On many classes the difference between full wh and min/max is still HUGE. I don't think it is too much I just think it shouldn't be denied either.

On the 3 classes I have gone beyond wh with I have noticed very large gains and they aren't even near min/maxed yet. Seeing as I have 8 classes they prob never will be either lol :( .

Again I am def not saying I think the gear gap is too much as I think it is something good for people to work towards (although I do prefer a same stat system but at the same time I don't think swtor could work if they did that).

The main problem with not having a matchmaking system though is party composition. This is HHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE and please don't say it isn't. If you do then you know you are full of crap and/or don't understand mmo pvp.

I can honestly get behind some cross-server pvp. I wish it happened yesterday but for now me and my buds made some new alts, so I hope I can keep getting matched up against pug groups to easily gear them out faster. Which lucky for me, the matchmaking puts my 3 friends and myself against pugs about 9 out of 10 times. Pretty good odds.

I agree, there should have been some sort of cross server pvp que from launch. premades should be seperated from pugs, this will alow those whom are new lvl 50s to get their gear at a normal pace.

I agree, there should have been some sort of cross server pvp que from launch. premades should be seperated from pugs, this will alow those whom are new lvl 50s to get their gear at a normal pace.

Agreed. Bump because this should never fall off the first page. Seriously sick of Premade Vs Pug games, they should not and do not need to exist in any way shape or form lest the goal is to completely and utterly frustrate and repel the vast majority of your player base.

Agreed. Bump because this should never fall off the first page. Seriously sick of Premade Vs Pug games, they should not and do not need to exist in any way shape or form lest the goal is to completely and utterly frustrate and repel the vast majority of your player base.

the sad thing is BW does encourage it by saying those whom que for rateds can also que for reg wzs at the same time in a post some time back

I wonder what would it take for someone in EAWare team to make some sort of official response to this topic? Probably big fat check is the only thing they are interested in.

It has become one of the most important topics in SWTOR and yet they continue to ignore it and us. Or maybe they are just waiting for a chance to put the solution on the Cartel market.

In any case, solution is sorely needed. The best possible one at this time would be to add new queue options and prevent anyone in group that has more than 2 players to queue for solo.

I wonder what would it take for someone in EAWare team to make some sort of official response to this topic? Probably big fat check is the only thing they are interested in.

It has become one of the most important topics in SWTOR and yet they continue to ignore it and us. Or maybe they are just waiting for a chance to put the solution on the Cartel market.

In any case, solution is sorely needed. The best possible one at this time would be to add new queue options and prevent anyone in group that has more than 2 players to queue for solo.

well seeing as the last time a dev posted in this forum was around october or november, i wouldnt get your hopes up on seeing any yellow text in any of these threads