Force Bubble Absorbs 3,941 damage

LoL-K-Noob

Was looking through our logs from tfb the other dayand it's usually ~ 4.5k though i did see one 4.8K.

Thanks for that.

Also, to the Original-Poster, I pressume this test was done WITH the +20% bubble absorption talent tree spec: X|7|X?? yes?

Edited by SOULCASTER

1388 expertise

648.8 Healing Bonus

Starting Health - 19217

Fire Pit - 5416 damage

Health after one step in with Bubble on - 17742

Difference Between starting and final health - 1475

Damage mitigated by Bubble - 3941

The more you know

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this "method" to determine the amount of force armor absorption/mitigation is astronomically inaccurate and is in now way even remotely close to reliable.

In order to determine the correct amount that force armor absorbs we need to determine some other data first..

If we assume the tool tip and information from Torhead accurately depicts the in game coding then

AbsorbDamage:

SpellType=>Force

StandardHealthPercentMin=>0.164

StandardHealthPercentMax=>0.164

HealingPowerCoefficient=>3.27

DamageType=>None

AmountPercent=>1

Ability Healing Min = Coefficient * HealingBonus + StandardHealthPercentMin * StandardHealth

Ability Healing Max = Coefficient * HealingBonus + StandardHealthPercentMax * StandardHealth

Standard health for all classes at 50 = 7085

Min & Max = 3.27 * HealingBonus + 0.164(7085).

to calc HealingBonus, we look at Willpower, ForcePower, and Power bonuses

Bubble = 3.27 * [0.14(WP) + 0.17(FP) + 0.17(P)] + 0.164(7085)

now in PvP, since expertise healing bonus is technically trauma ignore, not throughput bonus I'm assuming that expertise doesn't affect the amount of absorb that a bubble has.

so you get a nice simple equation to plug your own toon's stats into.

Bubble = {3.27 * [0.14(CasterWP) + 0.17(CasterFP) + 0.17(CasterP)] + 0.164(7085)} + 20 * {1 - [ 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) ]^[( TargetExpertise / 50 ) / 0.72 ] }

Hope this clarified some of your confusion on force armor

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this "method" to determine the amount of force armor absorption/mitigation is astronomically inaccurate and is in now way even remotely close to reliable.

In order to determine the correct amount that force armor absorbs we need to determine some other data first..

If we assume the tool tip and information from Torhead accurately depicts the in game coding then

AbsorbDamage:

SpellType=>Force

StandardHealthPercentMin=>0.164

StandardHealthPercentMax=>0.164

HealingPowerCoefficient=>3.27

DamageType=>None

AmountPercent=>1

Ability Healing Min = Coefficient * HealingBonus + StandardHealthPercentMin * StandardHealth

Ability Healing Max = Coefficient * HealingBonus + StandardHealthPercentMax * StandardHealth

Standard health for all classes at 50 = 7085

Min & Max = 3.27 * HealingBonus + 0.164(7085).

to calc HealingBonus, we look at Willpower, ForcePower, and Power bonuses

Bubble = 3.27 * [0.14(WP) + 0.17(FP) + 0.17(P)] + 0.164(7085)

now in PvP, since expertise healing bonus is technically trauma ignore, not throughput bonus I'm assuming that expertise doesn't affect the amount of absorb that a bubble has.

Bubble = {3.27 * [0.14(CasterWP) + 0.17(CasterFP) + 0.17(CasterP)] + 0.164(7085)} + 20 * {1 - [ 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) ]^[( TargetExpertise / 50 ) / 0.72 ] }

Hope this clarified some of your confusion on force armor

Im not asian

Math equation crits you for 999,999,999.........you die

Edited by SOULCASTER

It used to give run speed but they changed that... But still... that bubble = best heal in the game ontop of awesome utility.

Bubble is best pvp heal in the game, no doubt. Always makes me laugh when sorcs don't bubble their entire team before round start, it's essentially 4k hp worth of overheal that cab be instantly reapplied by the time the target takes their actual first damage. I start every wz with 8k healing on multiple targets within the first 30 seconds. It's force efficient as well. Backlash sucks though. Uncontrolled resolve bar filler. Might be useful now that overload is frontal cone only i guess.

Bubble is best pvp heal in the game, no doubt. Always makes me laugh when sorcs don't bubble their entire team before round start, it's essentially 4k hp worth of overheal that cab be instantly reapplied by the time the target takes their actual first damage.

But Force cost is insane (at least when DPS specced), and when you have no time to regen your Force pool before the fight it's like gun-shooting your foot.

• 1 month later...

So I reconfigured my Sage to get as much power as possible with augs etc.. having 1457 power leaving em with 725.5 bonus healing and here is the result:

16:54:00.935 Lazare's Smash critically hits for 4864* kinetic damage, causing 4864 threat! (4241 absorbed)

4241 damage absorbed by bubble

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

So I reconfigured my Sage to get as much power as possible with augs etc.. having 1457 power leaving em with 725.5 bonus healing and here is the result:

16:54:00.935 Lazare's Smash critically hits for 4864* kinetic damage, causing 4864 threat! (4241 absorbed)

4241 damage absorbed by bubble

Imagine a tank specced player hitting on you. Talk about pointless.

Hey, let's get rid of bubbles, and lolsmash!

Math equation crits you for 999,999,999.........you die

My head exploded on page 3....

I'm so glad there are people like you guys in my guild that do all the math for me... I just want to push buttons and kill stuff. Same thing in my Tekken days... people were counting frames.. I just know what works and what doesn't.

But kudos to you math loving, statistic freaks who do the work for us. We love you for it... and if you're ever in Long Beach... I'll buy you a beer and a jager bomb.

Good to know. With my 1364 expertise, I now know that smash/sweep can only do ~2500 max damage to me immediately after I activate my bubble. Thanks.

Don't forget that they'll be able to smash you again before your bubble can be put back on for 6k.

Makes me laugh when people think bubble is OP. (( When the FoTM bubble blind is nerfed into the ground, sorcs will be right back to instant-free kills. Until then, enjoy being blind for 3 seconds as often as possible melee and everyone else standing around a bubble! ))

Edited by veyl

My head exploded on page 3....

I'm so glad there are people like you guys in my guild that do all the math for me... I just want to push buttons and kill stuff. Same thing in my Tekken days... people were counting frames.. I just know what works and what doesn't.

But kudos to you math loving, statistic freaks who do the work for us. We love you for it... and if you're ever in Long Beach... I'll buy you a beer and a jager bomb.

Heh long beach eh? Just moved after living in Bixby Knolls or about 3 years.

But Force cost is insane (at least when DPS specced), and when you have no time to regen your Force pool before the fight it's like gun-shooting your foot.

Works best for healer Sorcs, obviously. Start spamming it at about 15 seconds before the WZ starts (if you have the CD reduction talent). You can even click your regen for a bit to be back at full power after exiting the spawn since for most WZs you don't want to rush in first. Love getting that 2.5k heal medal in the first moments of the WZ after a bubble pop. :)

Healer Sorcs are in a good place. Hope lightning Sorcs get some kinda love if the bubble gets nerfed.

For you old schoolers, I liked the concept of the speed buff under the old talents but the 20% buff was hardly noticeable.

I lasted a good two minutes against a fairly good mara yesterday on my sage in 1280'ish expertise. Now someone might wonder why it lasted two minutes. It lasted that long because I was marked and the mara had a healer. I didn't want to leave the objective so I ran around in an attempt to interrupt or damage someone els on the node.

Anyhow, the point is that survivabiliy on sorc/sage is good IF, BIG IF, you spend 17 points on a hybrid. And that is the crappy part. Without those 17 points, points that could have gone into dps/heal abilties, we're silly squishy. I don't play other classes at 50 but does any other class have to sacrificethat many points just to be "ok"? I'm not talking about sacrificing points just to become OP. No, points just to get by.

I actually do more damage in my PvE spec and PvE set than I do in PvP spec/set but I also die much faster if someone catches me.

Hence, the survivability stuff we take in the tele/lightning tree, except for perhaps bubble stun, should have been core abilties.

Edited by MidichIorian

Now in PvP, since expertise healing bonus is technically trauma ignore, not throughput bonus I'm assuming that expertise doesn't affect the amount of absorb that a bubble has.

Then why is TargetExpertise in the equation?

Edited by Ycoga

How about Trauma Probe from Commando/Merc being able to put on everyone on your team? Sounds fair to me tbh.

I have always wondered why Trauma Probe and Kolto Shell are limited to a single target when sorc/sage bubbles can be placed on their entire team (I know it is high force cost to do this- the cost of trauma probe/kolto shell is significant as well) and a ops/scoundrel can stack healing probes on multiple targets at once.

Unlocking the single target limit on this very deep in the healing tree ability would help commando/merc healers deal with the massive amount of ae damage that is inflicted in a warzone.

I lasted a good two minutes against a fairly good mara yesterday on my sage in 1280'ish expertise. Now someone might wonder why it lasted two minutes. It lasted that long because I was marked and the mara had a healer. I didn't want to leave the objective so I ran around in an attempt to interrupt or damage someone els on the node.

Anyhow, the point is that survivabiliy on sorc/sage is good IF, BIG IF, you spend 17 points on a hybrid. And that is the crappy part. Without those 17 points, points that could have gone into dps/heal abilties, we're silly squishy. I don't play other classes at 50 but does any other class have to sacrificethat many points just to be "ok"? I'm not talking about sacrificing points just to become OP. No, points just to get by.

I actually do more damage in my PvE spec and PvE set than I do in PvP spec/set but I also die much faster if someone catches me.

Hence, the survivability stuff we take in the tele/lightning tree, except for perhaps bubble stun, should have been core abilties.

I have a full healing sorc, with 32 points in the healing tree, and yeah survivability is an an issue sometimes. Now if there's just one enemy on me I can survive a good while, by bubbling and healing through their damage as well as forcing them to chase me. Unless they are the derpsweep/smashers that warzones has become infested with. Since I'm not a hyrbrid though so I have to rely on my teammates to keep me alive and am always improving on staying as unnoticeable as possible by the enemy. I actually see quite a few sages/sorcs with the AOE heal, meaning there are a bunch of others who decided to take the same route as me instead of hybridizing. The full healing tree could use a buff so people wouldn't have to commit points to the middle tree in an effort to stay alive and do their job (healing) longer.

I have always wondered why Trauma Probe and Kolto Shell are limited to a single target when sorc/sage bubbles can be placed on their entire team (I know it is high force cost to do this- the cost of trauma probe/kolto shell is significant as well) and a ops/scoundrel can stack healing probes on multiple targets at once.

Unlocking the single target limit on this very deep in the healing tree ability would help commando/merc healers deal with the massive amount of ae damage that is inflicted in a warzone.

Being used to the other two healers, when I tried combat medic for the first time I actually spent half the first flashpoint just moving trauma probe around to different people thinking I was casting it on everyone. Once I noticed it suddenly disappearing from everyone's buff bar became sad panda.