Legacy Weapon

CthulhuRyleh

Hi there I am just trying to FULLY comprehend the idea behind the legacy weapon. I just finished chapter one on my Bounty Hunter and got this legacy weapon kit. Now I'm under the impression that I have to go to my capital planet and speak with my class vendor (I have never seen a class vendor so if anyone can clear that up it would be nice) who will then provide me with this Legacy weapon. My real question is: Is my bounty hunter's legacy weapon designed for any class or only my next bounty hunter? Or is it setup like there's a specific weapon for each class? I imagine the weapon is not modable otherwise I don't see the point to the whole thing other than being bind on legacy.

I am making a smuggler eventually here who I plan to give this weapon to, I would just hate to find out that being a bounty hunter I can't make an item for smuggler. Any insight would be appreciated!

Thank you

The point of the Legacy weapon kit is for you to send it to a lower level alt. Say level 16. At that level the legacy weapon will be much stronger than anything he or she would encounter for a while. Now remember to send them the Kit itself. Don't go to Coruscant to buy a weapon with it because you can only by one that is for your class. For example if you are a Jedi Knight that just finished act 1. If you were to exchange the kit for a weapon you would get a lightsaber which is of no use to your hypothetical level 16 Bounty Hunter. Instead you should send the kit to him so that he can go get a blaster. I hope this helps.

The point of the Legacy weapon kit is for you to send it to a lower level alt. Say level 16. At that level the legacy weapon will be much stronger than anything he or she would encounter for a while. Now remember to send them the Kit itself. Don't go to Coruscant to buy a weapon with it because you can only by one that is for your class. For example if you are a Jedi Knight that just finished act 1. If you were to exchange the kit for a weapon you would get a lightsaber which is of no use to your hypothetical level 16 Bounty Hunter. Instead you should send the kit to him so that he can go get a blaster. I hope this helps.

That helps immensely thank you for clearing that up!

Hi there I am just trying to FULLY comprehend the idea behind the legacy weapon. I just finished chapter one on my Bounty Hunter and got this legacy weapon kit. Now I'm under the impression that I have to go to my capital planet and speak with my class vendor (I have never seen a class vendor so if anyone can clear that up it would be nice) who will then provide me with this Legacy weapon. My real question is: Is my bounty hunter's legacy weapon designed for any class or only my next bounty hunter? Or is it setup like there's a specific weapon for each class? I imagine the weapon is not modable otherwise I don't see the point to the whole thing other than being bind on legacy.

I am making a smuggler eventually here who I plan to give this weapon to, I would just hate to find out that being a bounty hunter I can't make an item for smuggler. Any insight would be appreciated!

Thank you

Your End-of-Chapter-1 reward is an "Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Kit" or something along those lines.

The kit can be mailed to any character on your Legacy and exchanged for an appropriate artifact-grade (dark purple) level-14 mainhand weapon at one of the class vendors located on your faction capital. (Coruscant: Senate Tower district near the west entrance to the lower level. Dromund Kaas: Central Square, a little north of the stairway to the Market Area.) The weapon is superior to anything you will be able to use until you reach level 20 or so.

Just curious here, I imagine every character the finish's chapter one gets one of these kits. Could I level up two characters each one getting a kit. Then mailing both kits to say a sentinel or gunslinger giving them their two weapons?

The Chapter 1 rewards are mainhand kits; they can't be used for secondary/offhand. (Offhand weapon kits do exist, but they show up as loot drops or mission skill rewards.)

Everyone is doing great at answering my questions but I just keep coming up with more!

Would any mission crew skill provide you with a chance at getting a legacy item? and if so does that skill need to be at a certain level?

Are they BOP?

can I buy/sell them on the GTN?

Edited by CthulhuRyleh

As far as the legacy weapon goes, I can verify it is still a great weapon in the early 20's.

My Shadow got her legacy lightsaber at 14 and is still using it at 23. None of the other lightsabers I have looted even compare in stats.

Everyone is doing great at answering my questions but I just keep coming up with more!

Would any mission crew skill provide you with a chance at getting a legacy item? and if so does that skill need to be at a certain level?

Are they BOP?

can I buy/sell them on the GTN?

i have gotten ONE inheritance headgear token from slicing, basically it was a low level legendary quality (dark purple, same as weapon)

i think it was bind on legacy, but i do not remember.

if it was BOL then you cant sell it on the gtn

i wish they made the legacy weapons customizable

That depends on the type of Legacy kit you get my Sorcerer's was but that was because it was a Kit higher than "Inheritance" Also when my Assassin (which is my main character) cleared ch1 all of my alts except for 3 recieved a Legacy kit they could use at level 20 is that still happening or did BioWare go and change it?