New 1.2 Ops requires 2 days of Dailys to clear!?

This was posted in another forum.

There was a TON of great information, but this stood out.

Every member of your ops group requires an item that costs 30 Daily Commendations called "Rakata Alphawave Inhibitor" (Buff Mental Protection), which is a 4 hour flask type buff that is required for the final boss of Explosive Conflict. You'll need this weekly to beat the boss as it protects you from "mental attacks"

It's hard enough right now to get people in our guild online outside of raid nights.. (Yes, I know, its a problem for us. It's hard to fix. We are trying.) Anyways, asking our members to farm 2 full days of dailies just to buy a buff for a 4hour window to kill the last boss? That's insanity. I am HOPING this is just a PTS ruse to get people to test the dailies, and it doesn't make it to live.

Otherwise.... this is a fail of the highest order. I can't imagine many guilds putting up with something like this. If you changed some of the dailies to repeatable (unlimited per day) so a handful of people could farm the items, that'd be acceptable... but forcing 8 to 16 people to all do their dailies 2 days a week OUTSIDE of raid days?... come on now.

EDIT: I am praying the person who posted the information was trolling, but the post was so detailed it's hard for me to believe that this isn't legit. Feel free to confirm or deny if you happen to know any information.

EDIT2: Some Proof... http://i.imgur.com/QFWOn.jpg (Its BoP FFS... UGH)

Edited by Rookss

If this is true, I really don't see anything wrong with it. Sort of a throwback to the world boss buffs (ony/DM tribute/blasted land foods) of Vanilla WoW. At least I'll spend more time in this game than the 2-3 hours it takes to clear every boss on 16 NiM per week. =\ Edited by xMZe

If this is true, I really don't see anything wrong with it. Sort of a throwback to the world boss buffs (ony/DM tribute/blasted land foods) of Vanilla WoW. At least I'll spend more time in this game than the 2-3 hours it takes to clear every boss on 16 NiM per week. =\

There is a reason WoW did away with that sort of requirement for raiding and moved to freely craftable and tradeable consumption items as the out-of-raid "requirement" for raiding.

And its two days just for 4 hours of trys. So your getting a max on how much you can try the boss a week. Granted 12 hours is a lot of time but thats only if your raid puts in the time....

And whos to say the dailies wont be broken. Seems to be a popular thing with them.

I don't have a problem with requiring people to run dailies. I feel like I have to run them anyway to support my crafting missions. If you get a good group, you can complete all of them in about an hour (both planets). And this way the fresh 50s will have an easier time finding daily groups to run with, which encourages them to invest the effort to get geared up instead of slacking and waiting for a run-thru. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have a problem with requiring people to run dailies. I feel like I have to run them anyway to support my crafting missions. If you get a good group, you can complete all of them in about an hour (both planets). And this way the fresh 50s will have an easier time finding daily groups to run with, which encourages them to invest the effort to get geared up instead of slacking and waiting for a run-thru. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

There's a big difference between running them to fuel crafting, and requireing 8 or 16members to ALL do them to have a 4hour window to clear content, that cannot be cleared any other way. Not everyone has 2 spare nights a week they can add on top of raiding to farm these things, which is why it'd be nice if they weren't BoP so other people could help the process.

http://i.imgur.com/QFWOn.jpg

Edited by Rookss

Not only is this a ridiclous way to make ppl do daily's.

I heard from someone who been at the guild summit the new Ops only has 4 bosses.

Im afraid its a done deal then, and with that i mean the game.

No real end game in SWTOR.

Sad story.

There is an artifice and armstech pattern to craft these things. Mat cost is low-ish.

So no, you don't have to farm dailies for it.

Here you go:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/James2785/SWTOR/swtor2012-03-1712-58-22-98.png

That is good.

Still, this idea in general is not good game design. There's nothing interesting to this mechanic. I feel like they shouldn't need to make this kind of mistake themselves to know that considering how many years of MMOs there are to learn from.

For all we definitively know right now, it could be just something for tanks, or for healers, or for that one guy who is going to always get sucked inside the sword room. Cool for a little bit on the rage; we just don't KNOW as fact yet.

As suggested earlier by someone, it very well could be a gimmick in the PTR to get some testing done on the dailies to avoid another Recover the Shipment mishap. If that's the case, more power to them. And also linked above someone mentioned a crafting recipe for it. That'll be another good way for those who can't o the dailies to do it (even manage to stock up for your guild).

I'd say we still need a little more info before the rage. But it IS quite an interesting idea, for better or worse is yet to be said.

There is an artifice and armstech pattern to craft these things. Mat cost is low-ish.

So no, you don't have to farm dailies for it.

Here you go:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/James2785/SWTOR/swtor2012-03-1712-58-22-98.png

And I see that it is not BoP (or at least doesn't say BoP) on the crafted version... Thank god for that, then. I don't mind shelling out the credits to avoid doing the dailies over and over and over again. I see artifice making credits hand over foot with these things for the first month after 1.2 release.

Unfortunately I bet the only way for them to get the schematic is to RE the version they get from the dailies... or is it learn-able from vendor? Whatever - We'll find out.. But this really is better than ONLY having it available through dailies.

And I see that it is not BoP (or at least doesn't say BoP) on the crafted version... Thank god for that, then. I don't mind shelling out the credits to avoid doing the dailies over and over and over again. I see artifice making credits hand over foot with these things for the first month after 1.2 release.

Unfortunately I bet the only way for them to get the schematic is to RE the version they get from the dailies... or is it learn-able from vendor? Whatever - We'll find out.. But this really is better than ONLY having it available through dailies.

I don't think crafters even make BoP stuff anymore.

The schematic is sold for a whopping 10 daily comms. Check my screenshot again.

The pain with this way is the Perfect Upari Crystal. I camped the heroic area for over an hour and got one spawn, that yielded one crystal. So I made myself one of these.

Not exactly a huge money maker if the spawn rate is that low.

The schematic is sold for a whopping 10 daily comms. Check my screenshot again.

The pain with this way is the Perfect Upari Crystal. I camped the heroic area for over an hour and got one spawn, that yielded one crystal. So I made myself one of these.

Not exactly a huge money maker if the spawn rate is that low.

Does the Armstech one also use that crystal, or does it use an Investigation blue material?

Does the Armstech one also use that crystal, or does it use an Investigation blue material?

Not sure. When our armstech gets on I'll ask him to find out.

The Perfect Upari Crystal can be traded, but it does require archaeology to harvest the node. I would hope that the armstech one would use something from it's own gathering match though.

Hopefully there are alternative ways to collect the crystall - otherwise we are going to have credit farmers camping that like crazy.

From the patchnotes there seems to be only one spot in Belsavis where we can get that crystal, that spot will be camped day and night....

Archaeology

* A perfect Upari Crystal Formation may now be found in the Belsavis Daily Heroic area.