Bridge datacron figured out. Hold the line mission completed

LordAppius

On one of my posts i talked about a hidden cave, apparently you get a grampling hook from there to get the bridge datacron.

Regarding Hold the line mission, i required 3 players to complete this mission, the waves of geonosians is just to much for one player to kill alone

Regarding Hold the line mission, i required 3 players to complete this mission, the waves of geonosians is just to much for one player to kill alone

Which makes it impossible for solo players to complete the weekly and get the MWS to gear up.

Edited by Totemdancer

Which makes it impossible for solo players to complete the weekly and get the MWS to gear up.

I've said it before, and will say it again. Hold the line is bugged. My guess is the adds are supposed to spawn in waves rather than all at once with infinite timed reinforcements unless you get everything killed before the next spawn time. The imperial equivalent spawned adds on a timer. Supposedly they broke it too in the last patch or three. In prior iterations hold the line was bugged because the geonosians didn't spawn at all. Don't assume things are in their final form or even working properly. Keep pointing out real bugs like this and hope they get it fixed.

I've said it before, and will say it again. Hold the line is bugged. My guess is the adds are supposed to spawn in waves rather than all at once with infinite timed reinforcements unless you get everything killed before the next spawn time. The imperial equivalent spawned adds on a timer. Supposedly they broke it too in the last patch or three. In prior iterations hold the line was bugged because the geonosians didn't spawn at all. Don't assume things are in their final form or even working properly. Keep pointing out real bugs like this and hope they get it fixed.

Let’s hope it’s bugged and let’s hope they fix it before it goes live.

On one of my posts i talked about a hidden cave, apparently you get a grampling hook from there to get the bridge datacron.

I need better action anyways, but maybe i should test it, because some people said you need 258 gear, and i sure didn't. I have 230 gear i did stuff with.

If it's meant for 1 person in live, as opposed to a team, for live, then that is different. Sometimes Testing has /bugs in the writing to.

Well my hk almost died trying to heal all of us, several times i had to use grenades and cc's. The amount of adds that spawns, as someone already said, is just to much for one player. You don't need to be 258, also you do not need to be 258 for Gods, this is just Bioware forcing you to get new gear. The dps difference is 1 kish, good guilds that have already killed Gods in hard mode will kill it on nim, there is no need for 258 for Gods. That is just a lame excuse to add another set of gear for the lack of content and keep players subed

I have soloed hold the line with no death on my guardian tank with a 50 ranked healing companion

Well this is the first solo completion of this heroic I've heard of, so good job, but don't you think it should be soloable on all classes and specs? The game isn't intended for tanks only. Personally I haven't succeeded with a healer sage or a dps commando, both with rank 50 companions (regardless of whether the companion's on heal, tank, or dps).

I feel fairly sure the heroic is not in its intended final state.

Edited by Estelindis

Well this is the first solo completion of this heroic I've heard of, so good job, but don't you think it should be soloable on all classes and specs? The game isn't intended for tanks only. Personally I haven't succeeded with a healer sage or a dps commando, both with rank 50 companions (regardless of whether the companion's on heal, tank, or dps).

I feel fairly sure the heroic is not in its intended final state.

I'll clear it all the same on my combat sent next time I get on and record it to prove my point.

Edited by Kaizersan

I present to you all Hold the line on combat sent with healer companion no deaths was hard and I don't know if the strat I used will work for everyone but most likely it should.

Good job but would like to point out one thing. You are using a companion that people have stated has a better healing than most and that a lot of people don't have.

I present to you all Hold the line on combat sent with healer companion no deaths was hard and I don't know if the strat I used will work for everyone but most likely it should.

Quite impressive.

Not having tried it myself, (and based purely on your video) this fight seems to be on a par with the Master Mode KotET Tower of Prophecy fight, if the mobs spawned faster.

Without Force Sweep and it's AOE crowd control / extremely low cooldown, I think you would have been in big trouble. I wonder what the experience would be like for some of the other classes.

I feel that a healing class in particular wouldn't be able to make it solo, simply due to difficulty in killing things fast enough. A dps companion just doesn't have a comparable amount of AOE output (even Shae Viizla, as her AOE is very narrow and on a long cooldown).

Edited by Khevar

Good job but would like to point out one thing. You are using a companion that people have stated has a better healing than most and that a lot of people don't have.

You have plenty of similar companion options like IS0-5R but really I could have done it with any 50 ranged companion because really what matters is getting far enough from the spawn point and killing the ranged dps to keep them off the healer but like I showed it's quite possible when you apply yourself correctly.

Quite impressive.

Not having tried it myself, (and based purely on your video) this fight seems to be on a par with the Master Mode KotET Tower of Prophecy fight, if the mobs spawned about 3x faster.

Without Force Sweep and it's AOE crowd control / extremely low cooldown, I think you would have been in big trouble. I wonder what the experience would be like for some of the other classes.

I feel that a healing class in particular wouldn't be able to make it solo, simply due to difficulty in killing things fast enough. A dps companion just doesn't have a comparable amount of AOE output (even Shae Viizla, as her AOE is very narrow and on a long cooldown).

Likely would have been even smoother had I used watchman spec as I could have easily spread aoe dots with zen healing me and my companion the important aspect is to killed the ranged attackers to keep them off your companion but be far enough from the spawn point so you have a window between waves.

Two players are more than sufficient though. We did it in first try with 2 players without it being remotely a challenge.

Edited by Khaleg

Though certainly more difficult than the imperial heroic (the imperial one is a joke), Hold the Line is not too difficult. Some classes are better equipped to solo it for sure, but I'm sure any spec can with the proper companion. Even a healer can do it with a level 1 dps companion. You just have to kite around a lot, like people used to have to do when soloing heroics at level without overpowered comps, people are too used to rolling over content. Heroic did not always mean soloable by literally everyone, they used to require groups but someone could still solo if they knew what to do and played to the strengths of their class.

A) Zo-om has a healing rate that other companions do not have, unless you are using Ky-z3n

B) The amount of waves that were spawned during your experience were entirely different from my try.

Zo-om, ky-z3n and another companion are utterly broken when it comes to healing. Although i ve them i don't think everyone has the same luck.

Following this don't you think it is strange that so many ppl complained about hold the line ? if it was one person alone it would be okay, thing is several ppl tried it and failed, and when i was gathering a group all of them said the same thing.

Zo-om has an ability, like ky-zen that heals for 56 k or something, compare that to other companions.... Although ky-zen had the same effect as your zo-om i don't think i should force ppl to buy a companion from gtn or CM to complete an in game mission.

Classes like sin/shadow sage/sorc won't have an easy time. If you bring a merc/commando or pt/vg you will also have an asy time due to their cd. Bringing a gunslinger or sniper will do the same thing due to their massive aoe attack. Problem is classes like shin (if you play deception) are single burst, the only aoe they have is useless here

Edited by LordAppius
updated

A) Zo-om has a healing rate that other companions do not have, unless you are using Ky-z3n

B) The amount of waves that were spawned during your experience were entirely different from my try.

Zo-om, ky-z3n and another companion are utterly broken when it comes to healing. Although i ve them i don't think everyone has the same luck.

Following this don't you think it is strange that so many ppl complained about hold the line ? if it was one person alone it would be okay, thing is several ppl tried it and failed, and when i was gathering a group all of them said the same thing.

Zo-om has an ability, like ky-zen that heals for 56 k or something, compare that to other companions.... Although ky-zen had the same effect as your zo-om i don't think i should force ppl to buy a companion from gtn or CM to complete an in game mission.

I am just pointing out how they are fighting it solo is the problem unlike most heroics you can't just face it head on as you can see in my run I moved far enough from the spawn point to buy myself time between spawns and killed the ranged dps asap it's about strategy most of the complaints are likely from people not thinking it through and just want it to be a cake walk like most heroics but as I have pointed out I could just as easily do it with any ranged healer companion.

Big difference now, i used heroic moment and with a smash of 20 k i was able to obliterate the small adds... well that takes the fun of it, all those abilities are so tuned up... Try doing it without heroic moment.

Also i used Ky-zen and to my surprise i had also no problem surviving.

I know you are trying to point out, but you must be accurate, problem is i also didn t mention that i wasn't using heroic moment. When i want a game harder i don t mean giving the adds more hp alone, i want fights to be a little longer and require some ability and thinking to win them.

I consider heroic moment a cheat since it heals you and those abilities are absurdly op. a Force choke did around 30 k damage... like not even a perfect discharge does 30 k.

I don't mind them sending severall adds at once, i would like something that is a bit more challenging, like the game used to be, because now bioware made everything so damn casual that it doesn t have the same taste. I remember doing sith inquisitor story for the ligth vs dark event, again, and when i faced thanaton it took me 3 hits or 4, to kill him...

Also, one of my imperial missions is bugged, Missing Pieces. Not sure if this has been reported.

Big difference now, i used heroic moment and with a smash of 20 k i was able to obliterate the small adds... well that takes the fun of it, all those abilities are so tuned up... Try doing it without heroic moment.

Also i used Ky-zen and to my surprise i had also no problem surviving.

I know you are trying to point out, but you must be accurate, problem is i also didn t mention that i wasn't using heroic moment. When i want a game harder i don t mean giving the adds more hp alone, i want fights to be a little longer and require some ability and thinking to win them.

I consider heroic moment a cheat since it heals you and those abilities are absurdly op. a Force choke did around 30 k damage... like not even a perfect discharge does 30 k.

I don't mind them sending severall adds at once, i would like something that is a bit more challenging, like the game used to be, because now bioware made everything so damn casual that it doesn t have the same taste. I remember doing sith inquisitor story for the ligth vs dark event, again, and when i faced thanaton it took me 3 hits or 4, to kill him...

Also, one of my imperial missions is bugged, Missing Pieces. Not sure if this has been reported.

I don't view it like that tools like heroic moments and unity are things you earn through long hours of game play to unlock each ability so it's not a cheat it's a tool meant to be used and like I said I believe any class can solo it but they have to approach it in a way that takes advantage of their abilities.

I don't view it like that tools like heroic moments and unity are things you earn through long hours of game play to unlock each ability so it's not a cheat it's a tool meant to be used and like I said I believe any class can solo it but they have to approach it in a way that takes advantage of their abilities.

Also, isn't this an H4 heroic?

If so, taking advantage of high-influence companions and Heroic Moment is a practically given when trying to solo it.

Also, isn't this an H4 heroic?

Here is everyone’s answer to why it’s not supposed to be soloable

Hey everyone,

I’m Jackie, one of the world designers working on Ossus. I’ve been reading feedback on the Ossus Daily Missions and have seen concerns about balancing for Heroics (such as the above quote). I want to clear up any confusion and highlight the design goals we have for them.

For Ossus, we want to have some more difficult content that encourages group play, something to add variety among the soloable content we have. To achieve that goal, we’re reintroducing [Heroic 4] Missions which some of you may remember from the base game. These are Heroics that will be balanced for 4 players or 2 players and 2 companions. [Heroic 4] Missions are not designed to be soloed. Players who obtain higher tiers of gear or who are higher skilled may be able to clear them solo with a companion, which we are fine with.

We appreciate the feedback given so far, so keep it coming! Be sure to include in your feedback how many players and Companions were in your group, the level of your Companions, and the groups gear level.

Thanks everyone.

-Jackie

And before everyone gets upset about not being able to complete the weekly

So to clarify our design goal a bit more, we will still have [Heroic 2+] missions on Ossus. There will be just 1 [Heroic 4] Mission.

The plan is not to force anyone to play the [Heroic 4] Missions, it's to provide an option for people who want to play group content. There will still be soloable [Heroic 2+] Missions. The heroics are also not a part of the dailies/weekly's that give masterwork shards so playing the heroics is not needed to obtain the higher tiers of gear. There is a Weekly Heroic Mission that will require players to complete 3 Heroics in a week, but the players are free to choose whichever Heroics they want to complete. You can in fact complete the same Heroic Mission 3 times to complete the Weekly Heroic Mission.

Thanks

-Jackie

Edited by Totemdancer

Based on the kiting suggestion, I was subsequently able to solo this with my healer sage. I feel like it's not exactly peak gameplay to be running around just out of reach like a headless chicken, throwing DoTs on opponents and healing allies (mainly myself), but whatevs, at least it worked. And it does soothe my pride a bit to hear from the devs that it wasn't intended to be solo'd.

most of the complaints are likely from people not thinking it through and just want it to be a cake walk

What a lovely thing to say. No, I complained because it was insanely hard if intended to be possible to solo. When I finally succeeded on my healer, it was with an average rating of 255 gear, heroic moment, unity, a stim, a freaking cantina drink(!), and influence 50 Shae. But the main change was that, as kiting was suggested, I never stopped moving. In previous attempts I tried to stay near my companion to heal them, and if it looked like my sage was about to die I'd throw up her invulnerability bubble so she could heal a bit, but while healing her my companion would get completely toasted as all the enemies would immediately focus on the companion. While kiting relentlessly, my companion picks off the enemies and I really just have to heal myself. It'll be interesting to try it again and see if kiting works just as well without all the extra bells and whistles of OP legacy abilities and consumables. But I don't think kiting is some amazing tactic. To me, kiting is cheesy, boring, and ultimately a cheat. It doesn't rely on quick reactions or tactical use of abilities. If that's the only way for my sage to solo this heroic, then it makes sense that it was not intended to be solo'd.

Edited by Estelindis

Based on the kiting suggestion, I was subsequently able to solo this with my healer sage. I feel like it's not exactly peak gameplay to be running around just out of reach like a headless chicken, throwing DoTs on opponents and healing allies (mainly myself), but whatevs, at least it worked. And it does soothe my pride a bit to hear from the devs that it wasn't intended to be solo'd.

What a lovely thing to say. No, I complained because it was insanely hard if intended to be possible to solo. When I finally succeeded on my healer, it was with an average rating of 255 gear, heroic moment, unity, a stim, a freaking cantina drink(!), and influence 50 Shae. But the main change was that, as kiting was suggested, I never stopped moving. In previous attempts I tried to stay near my companion to heal them, and if it looked like my sage was about to die I'd throw up her invulnerability bubble so she could heal a bit, but while healing her my companion would get completely toasted as all the enemies would immediately focus on the companion. While kiting relentlessly, my companion picks off the enemies and I really just have to heal myself. It'll be interesting to try it again and see if kiting works just as well without all the extra bells and whistles of OP legacy abilities and consumables. But I don't think kiting is some amazing tactic. To me, kiting is cheesy, boring, and ultimately a cheat. It doesn't rely on quick reactions or tactical use of abilities. If that's the only way for my sage to solo this heroic, then it makes sense that it was not intended to be solo'd.

Just need to focus your companion on the ranged dps 1st then it's all down hill.

• 2 weeks later...

My problem isn't that i can't complete it alone, the dev didn't understand my issue. I am totally against with the path that bioware decided unilaterally to take by making the game soloable. I miss heroic 2 and heroic 4, but this is not like they used to be. If i kite stuff and use a companion that is clearly op ( there are soem and bioware and the devs can't deny it, just needs to be fact checked by the amount of healing that some do vs others, when one has a 56 k healing and others have a 16 k healing this clerarly says this guy is op or we as dev team didn't do a good job balancing stuff or we want ppl to buy or stuff, the latter i fully support since they need revenue, and this isn't a whiteknight gibberish, sadly the game focus more on releasing cosmetic than actual content)

My problem is that the game is just to god damn easy. When you have videos of ppl killing Tyth in a 2 man group it shows severall things:

a) some classes are far superior than others in terms of survivability

b) the game is not balanced at all

If they want to reintroduce difficulty levels to the game they should look what it was done until 3.0 where you could die in certain planets. I remember the first time i started playing the game, when the cap was still at level 50, and you coudl die several times when you went to corellia. Even if you had ops gear. By making the game more difficulty it doesn t mean give an enemy 100% more hp and 100% more damage, this is not difficulty, this is just lazyness.

Also the heroic missions, most, are really boring. This game consists on go everywhere and kill X enemies, at least they aren't skytroppers anymore, cause eveyrone got fed up of walking 3 meters, even stealthed and getting flooded by skytroppers. Whoever thought that was a good idea clearly never played a game ....

If you want to reintroduce difficulty into the missions again please think about something more clever, this is your job tbh....

Also adding 252 and 258 gear is just a shady and low move from bioware and the devs who thought about it, as i've said countless times. The game doesn't need more "rng is exciting" (trademark), the game desperatly need is content which is hard, and this applies to all content. I remember when i leveled my sentinel to level 50 and went to the last mission at the sith temple on DK, that mission was not easy. Most vanilla bosses nowa re one shoted or you can basically spam your level 1 skill that they will die, how is this difficult ? Please think a bit outside the box, but don't think outside the box like you did with kotfe and kotet, that was god awful everywhere. A story with more holes than a swiss cheese and less logic than a drunk man trying to be logic ...