Powertech in PVP right now

Hello everybody.

I am a returning player after a year and half break of swtor. I see the new comand system implemented ( which totaly sucks in my opinion, not alt friendly at all), but i was wondering between an assasin deception or a PT ( i would rather play PT) for PVP.

Which is the spec to go? Pyro or AP?

How is Powertech compared to other classes?

Thank you for your time!

Hello everybody.

I am a returning player after a year and half break of swtor. I see the new comand system implemented ( which totaly sucks in my opinion, not alt friendly at all), but i was wondering between an assasin deception or a PT ( i would rather play PT) for PVP.

Which is the spec to go? Pyro or AP?

How is Powertech compared to other classes?

Thank you for your time!

Which spec: Shield. If you really want to dps (only adviceable if you have a group to queue with or a very high pain tolerance) than go AP.

How is PT: well, the damage is fine. If you're queued with a heal/tank combo PT is a great class, if not it's ... ehm... not a great class (lacking in the survivability department, especially)

If you're planing on queing solo regs/ranked, I'd go with deception. If you're planing on queing with a premade for regs, both are fine. If you want to do team-ranked, I'd probably go for a PT.

Edited by mrwayn

Which spec: Shield. If you really want to dps (only adviceable if you have a group to queue with or a very high pain tolerance) than go AP.

How is PT: well, the damage is fine. If you're queued with a heal/tank combo PT is a great class, if not it's ... ehm... not a great class (lacking in the survivability department, especially)

If you're planing on queing solo regs/ranked, I'd go with deception. If you're planing on queing with a premade for regs, both are fine. If you want to do team-ranked, I'd probably go for a PT.

So Pyro isn t the way to go for PVP? Are the differences huge between them?

The only thing pyro is good at in pvp, is tanking everybodys fps. :p

A bit more seriously though: it depends on what kind of player you are. Do you care about objectives or actually winning the game? Or are you happy when you can farm numbers in mid wheter you lose or win? For farming numbers, pyro is gonna be better than AP (but neither PT spec is really great for farming numbers), if you want to actually kill anything, AP has the edge over pyro.

That being said, for regs, every spec is fine as long as the person playing it knows what he's doing.

So Pyro isn t the way to go for PVP? Are the differences huge between them?

Pyro puts out great numbers on a parsing dummy, but burst is king in pvp, thus AP, imo. Also, PT's are a bit squishy, so killing quickly is better. Pyro takes a bit to ramp up.

DISCLAIMER: not a fan of pyro, so I have a hard time saying anything good about.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller