I feel like I'm in the minority on this issue. (Massive Khem Val spoilers)

Kyneris

The issue in question is choosing Zash over Khem Val in the final companion quest. Khem Val just seems like some brute to me, Zash has a wealth of Sith knowledge she can offer me. She is just much more useful than Khem Val. Am I alone in doing this ? I haven't met anyone who picked Zash over Khem Val like I did.

I think most people don't chose her because she tries to take your body in the first chapter, and don't trust her to never try it again. My DS inquisitor was not having that, and definitely preferred Khem over her former master. However, leveling a lightside inquisitor now who i believe will choose Zash over Khem. c:

Not entirely.

The comments from companion skills remain Khem, but clicking on them gets comments from Zash, and in Makeb, you hear Zash making random comments as you wander around. So it's more of a half-half job, which I'm a bit annoyed about.

Not entirely.

The comments from companion skills remain Khem, but clicking on them gets comments from Zash, and in Makeb, you hear Zash making random comments as you wander around. So it's more of a half-half job, which I'm a bit annoyed about.

Agreed. Went for Zash on my Sorceror and got annoying real fast. It's even more annoying nowadays, since companions ALWAYS say something when they reappear and not just when summoned the first time. You also hear Khem's voice during combat and not Zash. :rolleyes:

Given the choice between my former master who tried to steal my body and manipulate me towards her own ends and my servant who worships me as the second coming of Tulak Hord and is the only one on the ship (aside HK-51), whose loyalty will not come into question, I think the choice is pretty obvious.

In my head canon at least, I keep the Mind Trap aboard my ship. You never know when Zash's knowledge might be useful again.