Jedi Shadow PvP spec

greatlabguy

Just curious what the best spec for pvp is?

Thanks!

No best spec depends on how you play and what your good at.

Please read these threads before you post again plz :)

Sticky: Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

*Shinarika - Shadow Acumen [shadow / Assassin Training]

Sticky: [Warzone Guide] Shinarika Warzonia

Sticky: The Jedi Shadow Handbook v2.0

First, allow me to thank you for the helpful threads.

Now, allow me to point out you constant condescension of EVERYONE that posts on these forums. Yes, I've been browsing these forums over the past year and you have been helpful, but you have been quite condescending as well. Truth was, I looked for specific threads for this class and its spec, couldn't really find a definitive conclusion so I was looking for opinions.

Just because you are sometimes helpful, doesn't give you the authority to be an *** to everyone who is looking for help.

First, allow me to thank you for the helpful threads.

Now, allow me to point out you constant condescension of EVERYONE that posts on these forums. Yes, I've been browsing these forums over the past year and you have been helpful, but you have been quite condescending as well. Truth was, I looked for specific threads for this class and its spec, couldn't really find a definitive conclusion so I was looking for opinions.

Just because you are sometimes helpful, doesn't give you the authority to be an *** to everyone who is looking for help.

Happy to help.

I see got a forum stalker? :p

Sorry if I seem condescending, I don't mean to.

The thing is there is no "best PvP spec" all the specs in the above links give good descriptions of their benefits. It is down to the player. Many people come looking for the best PvP spec, however how do you define that? good tank, node guard, sustained damage?

The guides give you those specs, it is up to you to answer the question for yourself.

Though I can't say there is any one "perfect" spec for PvP I can help breakdown what specs can best be used in certain situations. As stated before, it is a matter of play style and execution , but the best thing I found when discovering what specs I liked the most was to test as many as I could. The one thing you must realize about the shadow class is that there is no other class in other mmo's like it. It is unique to Star Wars and has no definitive role, sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none" if you will. It is one of the main reasons there are so many "hybrid" builds utilizing different abilities, utility to capitalize on. Here are some of the builds I personally use and why:

If you are looking to DPS:

31/0/10 - Has great survive-ability despite being almost a full tank build and focuses on casting and control rather than in your face melee combat. Focuses on the talents, Particle acceleration, Slow time, and Harnessed shadows.

Play style involves kiting to build 3 stacks of harness shadows which can be used with force potency and a PA proc to get large hits with both project, and telekinetic throw. Also has great group play dynamics with a 10% damage reduction coming from Slow time, which is an aoe, and can hit/slow/debuff multiple targets.

27/0/14 - My "personal" favorite specializes in 1v1 scenarios but also functions well in group play. basically all the benefits from full KC (mentioned above) but swaps slow time for a much hard hitting AOE attack (Force in Balance) which can be placed to help interrupt a node cap from far away. Has all the survive-ability from KC but does more damage.

23/1/17- Another great hybrid build utilizing shadowstrike. This spec offers an "instant" force lift, and play style is more close-combat than the previous 2 mentioned above. However I cannot tell you how many times people open up on me in this spec with SS rather than waiting for the proc which reduces force consumed and increases its damage. Play it well, and you will be pleased with the single target damage.

There are a lot more great builds, some Infil/Balance hybrids etc.. however these are the ones I can tell you work from personal experience. I would suggest staying away from full balance builds though they can pump out some nice numbers, they are super squishy and I have yet to lose a duel to a full balance shadow/sin. Take from that what you may. I do suggest playing around and see what you enjoy the most, Shinarika's guides are some of, if not the best in the SWTOR community, and as a person who plays with here and spars/test specs with her daily, there is always some new and exciting build waiting to be discovered.

Hope this helps, here is a link for a video I made showcasing the 31/0/10 (Green saber footage) and 27/0/14 (Pink-purple saber footage), which may give you some insight on playstyle.

Good Luck!

Though I can't say there is any one "perfect" spec for PvP I can help breakdown what specs can best be used in certain situations. As stated before, it is a matter of play style and execution , but the best thing I found when discovering what specs I liked the most was to test as many as I could. The one thing you must realize about the shadow class is that there is no other class in other mmo's like it. It is unique to Star Wars and has no definitive role, sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none" if you will. It is one of the main reasons there are so many "hybrid" builds utilizing different abilities, utility to capitalize on. Here are some of the builds I personally use and why:

If you are looking to DPS:

31/0/10 - Has great survive-ability despite being almost a full tank build and focuses on casting and control rather than in your face melee combat. Focuses on the talents, Particle acceleration, Slow time, and Harnessed shadows.

Play style involves kiting to build 3 stacks of harness shadows which can be used with force potency and a PA proc to get large hits with both project, and telekinetic throw. Also has great group play dynamics with a 10% damage reduction coming from Slow time, which is an aoe, and can hit/slow/debuff multiple targets.

27/0/14 - My "personal" favorite specializes in 1v1 scenarios but also functions well in group play. basically all the benefits from full KC (mentioned above) but swaps slow time for a much hard hitting AOE attack (Force in Balance) which can be placed to help interrupt a node cap from far away. Has all the survive-ability from KC but does more damage.

23/1/17- Another great hybrid build utilizing shadowstrike. This spec offers an "instant" force lift, and play style is more close-combat than the previous 2 mentioned above. However I cannot tell you how many times people open up on me in this spec with SS rather than waiting for the proc which reduces force consumed and increases its damage. Play it well, and you will be pleased with the single target damage.

There are a lot more great builds, some Infil/Balance hybrids etc.. however these are the ones I can tell you work from personal experience. I would suggest staying away from full balance builds though they can pump out some nice numbers, they are super squishy and I have yet to lose a duel to a full balance shadow/sin. Take from that what you may. I do suggest playing around and see what you enjoy the most, Shinarika's guides are some of, if not the best in the SWTOR community, and as a person who plays with here and spars/test specs with her daily, there is always some new and exciting build waiting to be discovered.

Hope this helps, here is a link for a video I made showcasing the 31/0/10 (Green saber footage) and 27/0/14 (Pink-purple saber footage), which may give you some insight on playstyle.

Good Luck!

Very nice

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great Post. Ive started playing my Shadow in PVP rather than just PVE'ing as a tank and this has helped.

Im intersted in what gear your using as on your vids your getting some high numbers for a tank, i assume your using DPS PVP gear with a 'tank' spec?

thanks

Grim

• 1 month later...