Ummmm, remind me again?

reaperkeepet

:o Well I was just thinking of the Star Wars films the other day and I thought of something..... For some reason I always thought that Alderaan was the planet that was destroyed by the Death Star in A New Hope. But there is this little voice in my mind from Leia "The're on Dantooine..." So since Im too lazy to go to the store and rent the movie could someone point out to me which one is the planet that was destroyed? :o

Alderaan. They threatened to destroy it (being the planet she grew up on and a major population besides) if she didn't tell the location. Then when she told them Dantooine Tarkin commented that it was too "out of the way" to be a good demonstration and blew up the planet anyway.

So since Im too lazy to go to the store and rent the movie

They still have movie rental stores?

He threatened Alderaan but she said Dantooine and he blew up ALDERAAN anyway?

"You're far to trusting. Dantooine is too remote a settlement to make an effective demonstration." - Grand Moff tarkin

Yeah, the whole point of the Death Star was to make people so terrified of making the Emperor angry that they'd fall in line. It's the reason he dissolved the senate as soon as he had it. Got sick of pretending to be working with the people, and decided just to oppress the galaxy. Edited by Dymensia