A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

Wow... 100 pages of whines..

So many people chose the wrong MMO to play.. «Hello Kitty World MMO» - FTW!

lol..

Umm, as far as seriousness and difficulty goes, this is the Hello Kitty of MMO's. That is what annoys people. A harsh penalty for anything in TOR is like getting 20 years for littering.

Edited by CosmicKat

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading half the comments ......

On my first char, when I was level 25, I needed to find some money to buy the Speeder Licence I. Yes, my credits were lower than 50K. So telling us "I have 300K on my level 20 char without farming" is just ..... a lit.

About the repair cost itself, no there are many MMO's without repairs. Most of them have gold sinks (pots are a possible example), but stop acting like if WOW was the only MMO, and like if Blizzard created everything.

Those sinks are necessary to counter the hyperinflation, but if they are too high, you're just killing the economy (and what happens IRL in Greece can show you an example).On my serveur, the stabilizers lost 20% of their value within a week (from 180 to 150K). And before the change, their value were decreasing slowy. What is happening is simple :

-People need money, they are selling stabs.

-The buyers have less money, they don't buy them at the previous price.

-The price are going down, they need to sell more stabs

-Repeat until a new equilibrium is found

About telling us to do more dailies, you are just funny like hell :) You need gold sinks BUT you tell us to create more gold in the game. Consequence : you'll need more sinks.

This change is slowy killing the economy, but feel free to like it you don't mind.

One Thousand posts in a One hundred Page Thread.

Wow. This Surely must mean something EA, if you do not care of your customers, your customers will stop caring of your product and someone's gonna end up without a lot of subscriber's money. :)

FYI, you can set your forum preferences to more or less messages per page. 26 page thread for me.

Still, the rest stands.

The funny thing is that Bioware didn't even increase repair costs. All they did was get rid of a loophole that allows some people to inadvertently have lower costs than they should have.

I know this because I've long been noticing that orange shell items have much lower repair costs than purple shell items, even when the mods in them were exactly the same. So if you take the stuff out of your rakata/campaign/dreadguard gear and stick them into orange shells your repair bill gets cut by half. Which is what I did. But now they have fixed it so that the orange shell with the same mods cost the same.

They didn't increase cost, they removed a loophole. Friends of mine who didn't bother with swapping out for oranges are paying what they've always paid, they don't even notice an increase.

The funny thing is that Bioware didn't even increase repair costs. All they did was get rid of a loophole that allows some people to inadvertently have lower costs than they should have.

I know this because I've long been noticing that orange shell items have much lower repair costs than purple shell items, even when the mods in them were exactly the same. So if you take the stuff out of your rakata/campaign/dreadguard gear and stick them into orange shells your repair bill gets cut by half. Which is what I did. But now they have fixed it so that the orange shell with the same mods cost the same.

They didn't increase cost, they removed a loophole. Friends of mine who didn't bother with swapping out for oranges are paying what they've always paid, they don't even notice an increase.

Except that player testing has shown that the "fix" they said they put in is not doing what they say it should be doing. We're also seeing many guilds complaining of multiple hundreds of thousands in repair bills per player per night. That's WAY out of whack with what it should be.

After reading half the comments ......

On my first char, when I was level 25, I needed to find some money to buy the Speeder Licence I. Yes, my credits were lower than 50K. So telling us "I have 300K on my level 20 char without farming" is just ..... a lit.

About the repair cost itself, no there are many MMO's without repairs. Most of them have gold sinks (pots are a possible example), but stop acting like if WOW was the only MMO, and like if Blizzard created everything.

Those sinks are necessary to counter the hyperinflation, but if they are too high, you're just killing the economy (and what happens IRL in Greece can show you an example).On my serveur, the stabilizers lost 20% of their value within a week (from 180 to 150K). And before the change, their value were decreasing slowy. What is happening is simple :

-People need money, they are selling stabs.

-The buyers have less money, they don't buy them at the previous price.

-The price are going down, they need to sell more stabs

-Repeat until a new equilibrium is found

About telling us to do more dailies, you are just funny like hell :) You need gold sinks BUT you tell us to create more gold in the game. Consequence : you'll need more sinks.

This change is slowy killing the economy, but feel free to like it you don't mind.

It's good to see someone who has at least a basic grasp of how a market economy works and how money supply effects it. BW really doesn't seem to think through there actions...ever.

Just my 2 cents and I truly hope the CMs read this and pass it along.

My guild did not run its scheduled progression run last night. We are doing HM EC and HMTBF.

This week a couple of our members decided to not show because of the repair costs. We decided to wait on you Bioware to let you think about what to do instead of us filling in spots with new players ( potentially higher repair bills - nope) . In the mean time, half our team went on to play other games while we wait on you Bioware...

Please, don't take too long thinking about what to do. I mean, I can't imagine what you could possibly gain by this change. Well, I can but it doesn't make sense to me that by desing you are promoting ( to be soft) the new dailys intensive content on all players. Pining folks into doing dailys can be counterproductive in the long run ( or short... 1-2 weeks in my case). Those that don't already do dailys don't enjoy them and/or have limited play time and/or have other activities they would rather do. We (should) play for fun, so feeling forced to have to devote a substantial amount of time to raise creds via boring dailys so that we can spend 4hrs progressing on an op... nope.

So again, please do not take too long. You don't want to see people spending real money on other game's cartel marked do you?

Except without a pre 1.7 comparison, we don't know if anything actually went up, all they might have done is increase the cost of oranges to be closer to the the purples.

But that still means Bioware did not tell the truth in the patch notes. They said the price went up because of a bug that did not take into account the armoring for the repair bill. What they study showed is the price going up not because of the armoring. Truth be told i could really care less either way but i can understand people not being to happy about Bioware's less then honest patch notes.

except others have seen differently Mr Spock. So peer review shows you either had flaws in your testing or you falsified results. Your claims of empirical evidence do not trump others. Try again.

I'm sure there is a bug and the increases should not be as big as they are but I'm only talking about levelling and not end game. So in answer to your suggestion, no thanks, I've said my piece but as you can only see my tests as invalid, or lies, as they don't support your cause, it shows really that you are not interested in the truth only furthering your agenda on wanting a return to pre 1.7 level repairs. Good luck with the crusade.

Except without a pre 1.7 comparison, we don't know if anything actually went up, all they might have done is increase the cost of oranges to be closer to the the purples.

I have two pieces of orange 'adaptive' gear from the cartel market, the rest are rakata/columi light armor shells. All of the mods are pretty much all BH, level 61 pieces, w/ campaign armorings. Last night we were doing TFB story and we wiped quite a few times on the rejuvenated Kephess. Each death cost me just under 10k. I wasn't keeping track of the costs for the night, but one of my other guildmates was keeping track and hit 100k for the night.

I don't remember exactly what my repair costs were prior to 1.7... but they were around 3-5k per death. So costs have at least doubled.

Look, I don't yet have a lvl 50, so I'm not doing Ops runs at all yet.

But I spend a couple hours a night playing (some solo, some FPs) and I don't die very often. Between GTN sales and looting baddies, credits are always coming in.

However - this is not the case for everyone. Some people may only have a couple hours a week to play, would any of you really wanting to spend those precious few hours farming credits? I sure wouldn't.

So no, a couple thousand extra on my toons as they stand now is not a huge deal. But to the people who have very little free time to play because of RL obligations, and thus no real way to make credits, increased costs may be everything.

Edited by Stressfire

But that still means Bioware did not tell the truth in the patch notes. They said the price went up because of a bug that did not take into account the armoring for the repair bill. What they study showed is the price going up not because of the armoring. Truth be told i could really care less either way but i can understand people not being to happy about Bioware's less then honest patch notes.

The study shows that the shell affects the repair cost, true. That does not mean that EA/BW lied to us. It is entirely possible that the shell affecting the repair cost is an unintended bug related to the fix they implemented with 1.7. If it is indeed a bug, they may not even have known about it until the forums blew up about the higher repair costs.

Perhaps they did put the fix in as it was stated and it bugged, surely it's not a surprise that when BW try to 'fix' something they bug something else :eek:

Edited by mothear
misread original quote

The study shows that the shell affects the repair cost, true. That does not mean that EA/BW lied to us. It is entirely possible that the shell affecting the repair cost is an unintended bug related to the fix they implemented with 1.7. If it is indeed a bug, they may not even have known about it until the forums blew up about the higher repair costs.

But the silence about the issue after the forums blew up imo is telling. Now as i said it is not really an issue for me, i have plenty of gold and dont raid a lot anymore but i can understand that people are less then happy with Bioware about it. Either the reason they listed on the patch notes are not true or they introduced another bug with the fix and are being closed mouthed about it.

If only there were some type of server onto which they could deploy the patch for player testing and feedback before unleashing it upon production servers... Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

If only there were some type of server onto which they could deploy the patch for player testing and feedback before unleashing it upon production servers... Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

On this I think all of us could agree,it's a big facepalm to you on that BW

But the silence about the issue after the forums blew up imo is telling. Now as i said it is not really an issue for me, i have plenty of gold and dont raid a lot anymore but i can understand that people are less then happy with Bioware about it. Either the reason they listed on the patch notes are not true or they introduced another bug with the fix and are being closed mouthed about it.

Closed mouthed=/=lying.

Why shouldn't they just tell us if it's a new bug? It's not like they're never roasted over hot coals on these forums for every little bug, or perceived failure to deliver on "promises". If there is a new bug, they may be researching and trying to figure out exactly what went wrong before letting us know.

Closed mouthed=/=lying.

Why shouldn't they just tell us if it's a new bug? It's not like they're never roasted over hot coals on these forums for every little bug, or perceived failure to deliver on "promises". If there is a new bug, they may be researching and trying to figure out exactly what went wrong before letting us know.

Except accounts are being cancelled every day over it.

On Friday they said, "We're looking at it."

If they came back and now said, "It's a bug, we need to do some research, but it's high priority and will be fixed soon", some people might wait it out a bit before cancelling.

If memory serves, the longer they take to reply to an issue, especially one that's as obvious to the players as this one, the less we're going to like what they have to say.

Closed mouthed=/=lying.

But they never said this is a new bug.

I never said closed mouthed=Lying. I said they did one or they other.

Either the reason they listed on the patch notes are not true or they introduced another bug with the fix and are being closed mouthed about it.

Either way it doesn't effect me, i was just saying i can understand the reason some people are not happy. lol the only reason i'm even discussing it is i am very bored at work and have time to kill

Edited by Vonric

I do, because compared to the rate of repair in this game, now, before 1.7, and before 1.2. IT WAS LAUGHABLE.

AHAHAHAHAHA

it's so cheap, people must be dirt poor if they can't afford it!

wahahahahaha

Also, don't care if you don't believe me. It happened.

May be you think is not an issue for you, but it is, because they going to close the servers if nobody except you and your guild pay, because all your guild even if they are as many as 100 subscribers, only make 1500$ and that's is 10% of the cost for one of the servers, so you are the wrong, is an issue for you. Today near 385 players leave because repair costs, yesterday I wait 16 hours for an op in KP, and nothing, I run 1 FP in 7 hours, so, that's the effect, I'm still subscriber, I' wating to see if they fix this, if not, another subscriber leave (me).

Can't be more clear, if you, and your: "stupid crybabies, repaid cost are good" friends think is not an issue, you are dumb people.

Six hours into playing Battlefield, and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload...

Or is it three hours into playing an op, and your gear is yellow, and we ask you for a dollar to repair...?

The more you tighten your grip, EA, the more subscribers will slip through your fingers.

Joveth owes us an answer.

Edited by DarthTHC