Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for the server problems lately. As you have noticed, SWMoniTOR has not been getting a lot of attention from me recently (I'm not actively playing anymore) and our forums are FUBAR now that the botters have broken Captcha for account validation. We've tried to find some work arounds for the forums but short of spending several hours a day cleaning them up, they are pretty useless now unfortunately. I can't believe it's even worth the trouble for these spammers to even make posts like this. Does anyone ever actually buy anything from them!?!?!

Anyway, I've noticed that the server recently has gotten some strange error that I will be looking into when I can get some time away from my RL projects. In the meantime, if it seems that the server has crashed again and you can't create a group at all, you can contact me at makya@swmonitor.com. I won't be able to provide detailed technical support for every question but I will be able to bump the server until we can get a fix in there.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a strange error this morning. I was using the parser with no issues up until now. I even used it last night for an EV NMM run.

Here's the error message:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn164/JediAAK/SWTOR/SWMONITORissue.jpg

Any idea what may have gone wrong with my system and how to fix this?

I tried deleting the parser and reinstalling it fresh - same result.

• 2 weeks later...

so this is a bit like WoL? i can upload the whole ops group data without having the rest of the ops worry about doing anything? (always someone in the ops group is completely ignorant of anything outside the game) so i can just download this myself and use it for the whole ops?

if so ill be testing on tuesday

is there a site like World of Logs that i can upload this data too yet?

edit: after reading a few pages back dont worry, seems its a dead project now.

Edited by snowmon

• 2 weeks later...
I have a strange error this morning. I was using the parser with no issues up until now. I even used it last night for an EV NMM run.

Here's the error message:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn164/JediAAK/SWTOR/SWMONITORissue.jpg

Any idea what may have gone wrong with my system and how to fix this?

I tried deleting the parser and reinstalling it fresh - same result.

is there a solution for the problem? I have the same problem :(

I moved to WIn8 Pro and it is working. As soon as I had that issue, I installed it onto another PC just to test and it WAS WORKING normally. Strange, but I didn't want ot bother anymore with what the issue was as I knew I am switching to new Windows.

I'm sorry I cannot be more helpful, but since I first posted this, I just wanted to share my result and "workaround".

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

My guild has been using Mox parser since 1.2s release, but when I was raiding on the 1.4 pts with Methodical they happened to use SWMoniTOR and I love that fact that it has a real-time threat meter!

My 16 man guild has been having trouble with it however (not everyone showing up on the meter, people randomly dcing from the parser's group, etc.) If I could get some help with this that would be awesome. This parser can be a very useful tool, I'd imagine.

My guild has been using Mox parser since 1.2s release, but when I was raiding on the 1.4 pts with Methodical they happened to use SWMoniTOR and I love that fact that it has a real-time threat meter!

My 16 man guild has been having trouble with it however (not everyone showing up on the meter, people randomly dcing from the parser's group, etc.) If I could get some help with this that would be awesome. This parser can be a very useful tool, I'd imagine.

I liked SWMoniTOR at first, the devs for that tool have stopped working on it. Last time it was updated was May, and there was a number of show-stopping bugs my raid group ran into.

MOX on the other hand still gets updated, so we switched back to using it instead. Threat meters are planned to be added at some point, which would be great.

• 5 weeks later...
so this is a bit like WoL? i can upload the whole ops group data without having the rest of the ops worry about doing anything? (always someone in the ops group is completely ignorant of anything outside the game) so i can just download this myself and use it for the whole ops?

if so ill be testing on tuesday

is there a site like World of Logs that i can upload this data too yet?

edit: after reading a few pages back dont worry, seems its a dead project now.

ok. is there anywhere i can see how to do this?

cause im usually the guy who uploads the log from my raids, so if i could do them all at once that would be awesome! tutorial anyone? or mabye just a quick run down of the steps i need to take? what needs to be running? need to be grouped already? etc. Thx!

On the group tab, where it says join, click that and a window will pop up and you'll see 2 tabs: join and create. click over to create and it will generate a key in the upper right corner. Put this in vent/mumble/ts.

Everyone now click on join and puts the the key provided. They dont even need to be in the same group, but they should be for reasons ill specify below.

Now you go and do your raid/fp whatever. When done, click on the parser and you'll see a button for export, it'll give you a drop down. Export as text file. (i just save it to its defualt location to keep them separete from normal logs) Now just hit up askmrrobot and upload the entire file. Bam, all done.

Ok now some notes:

- Anyone can export the text file, not just the person who created it.

- If someone dc's or exits monitor mid fight it doesnt like it..at all. Sometimes it will even merge fights together

- merged fights...grrr. Nothing worse than seeing 4 boss attempts and its kill all merged into 1 long fight.

- not everyone will show up in monitor. Its annoying. Just make sure someone who can see everyone in it does the upload.

- this program, although awesome, is no longer supported, and hasnt been updated in some time

- only works, to my knowledge, with robot.

- might not play nice with people with slow internet

- if someone is in the parser, then goes and does something else, it will merge that data with yours, often producing unrealistic numbers.

I personally prefer monitor since its a pain in the *** getting people to upload, but has gotten increasingly more unstable the last few weeks so we just stopped with parses altogether and have people upload to torparse.

I hope you guys have good luck with it, and in a dream world, someone would pick up the torch on a good idea that went unsupported.

Edited by rphebus

• 1 month later...
I have no issues with SWMoniTOR.

Not sure why you say it's been broken for so long.

MOX parser is good too, I guess it's a matter of preference.

Some of our raid members have had the parser crash during use several times during raids. Some members have had problems joining a raid group (i.e. don't show up on the list). Some have complained that their real-time charts aren't updating.

After a number of complaints I went to their site and found their forums had been overwhelmed by spam, and it looks as if the dev team hasn't spent time on software updates since last May.

We dropped it like a worm-ridden apple.

By comparison, the MOX team is still in active development (most recent update 2 weeks ago), and when I asked the dev team a question by email I got a response within a couple of days.

I'm happy you haven't had problems, but realistically speaking, SWMonitor is unreliable abandonware. It's NOT just a matter of preference.

What I'm really excited about, however, is that James is working on a desktop version of TORParse.

Edited by Khevar

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...