Party Jawa

XavierJinkX

I think the 'Party Jawa' should be made available to purchase in the Market or some changes need to be made to the Legacy. In the Legacy for Tatooine there is a mission to kill 100 Jawa's while partying with the 'Party Jawa', it is called "Thats just Wrong". I have tried to purchase it and looked for it everywhere. If it was in the Market, I wouldn't mind purchasing it. My subscription is new and I wasn't eligible for the 'Party Jawa' give away :cool:

What is more fun then killing a bunch of Jawa's while throwing a big party!! :) Anyways my point is, I can't complete this objective without the Party Jawa. So, my legacy for Tatooine can't be completed :( (not that it's close to being completed or anything ) :p Edited by XavierJinkX

I think exclusive rewards should remain exclusive. And I have no problem with there being exclusive Achievements also. I like seeing the loyal and devoted users getting rewarded with unique , one time only items.

So the achievements system introduced in 2.0 shouldn't be completeable by many people who have been playing even since several months before 2.0?

I don't particularly want a Party Jawa, but if they don't make a way for people who started playing later than August 1 to get one, they should remove that achievement.

What is more fun then killing a bunch of Jawa's while throwing a big party!! :) Anyways my point is, I can't complete this objective without the Party Jawa. So, my legacy for Tatooine can't be completed :( (not that it's close to being completed or anything ) :p

Killing Jawas while throwing a Jawa party with Blizz as your companion

What is more fun then killing a bunch of Jawa's while throwing a big party!! :) Anyways my point is, I can't complete this objective without the Party Jawa. So, my legacy for Tatooine can't be completed :( (not that it's close to being completed or anything ) :p

Would it work to kill the Jawas while in a group with someone who has a Party Jawa? Worth a try, if you haven't already.

Yea, we could try it as a group with someone who has it. If the whole group could be counted as partying with the party jawa. If it can work then that would be great. I've sunk to much money into this already. I'm sure they don't want anymore of my money, I mean, come on, what would they do with it :D

P.S. I am very loyal and devoted. I'm on every single night and all weekend (except for the work I do at my Dad's house every Saturday) but I'm on Saturday evening and all day Sunday. ((Man I need a life)) :sy_galaxy:

Edited by XavierJinkX

• 3 months later...
I think exclusive rewards should remain exclusive. And I have no problem with there being exclusive Achievements also. I like seeing the loyal and devoted users getting rewarded with unique , one time only items.

I have no issue with exclusive achievements, but as a completionist, there should be a way to earn them. Or... they should be separated out of the planetary achievements so I can still get 100% on each planet/

Having the party jawa exclusive to those who had the chance to get one when they available is fine. To say that people who have one are more loyal and devoted than those who only recently started playing, or even started the day after they weren't available any longer, is elitist and complete BS. The achievements and collection stuff that can't be completed any more by the average person should be in a category of their own, so that everybody has a chance of completing the categories.

The achievements and collection stuff that can't be completed any more by the average person should be in a category of their own, so that everybody has a chance of completing the categories.

I agree to a point if it said "your potential bla bla is completed"

• 1 month later...
Not being able to complete the codex is disappointing but not being able to complete the targets set in the Achievements of this game makes me think what is the point of doing anything but the story line. Why spend time trying the get the achievements which I have gotten confirmation of being un-obtainable. Just complete the story line and quit the subscription.

I have no issue with exclusive achievements, but as a completionist, there should be a way to earn them. Or... they should be separated out of the planetary achievements so I can still get 100% on each planet/

Then you do have an issue with exclusive achievements.

Party Jawa was a unique reward to thank people for being subscribed at that time, leave it alone.

Edited by Icebergy

I have the party jawa and I have no problem with everyone else being able to get it too.

I am a completionist and I believe everyone should be able to join the game now and complete everything. Otherwise how can you expect to get new subs? "Subscribe today, you can still access 98% of the game!". Six months later, "hey, the game is 95% available to new subs - for the same rate that old subs are paying!" It's not right.

If you want exclusive perks, they shouldn't count in Collections or Achievements e.g. Korealis speeders.

Also, specifically for party jawa, there are pvp achievements for killing people partying with the party jawa. Hence more players having them makes it better for every other player too.

I hate this attitude where something is more special if you can stop other people having it. I don't see how that is anything but selfish and prideful. I find it unpleasant.

I have the party jawa and I have no problem with everyone else being able to get it too.

I am a completionist and I believe everyone should be able to join the game now and complete everything. Otherwise how can you expect to get new subs? "Subscribe today, you can still access 98% of the game!". Six months later, "hey, the game is 95% available to new subs - for the same rate that old subs are paying!" It's not right.

No one subscribes (or even plays) because of the achievements. And no one quits because they can't gain a particular achievement. That said, I don't care one way or the other re: the party Jawa.

• 4 weeks later...
Would it work to kill the Jawas while in a group with someone who has a Party Jawa? Worth a try, if you haven't already.

I just did it today with my Mercenary. Made group with another Mercenary that has tha Jawa Party. Did

not received the buff when it was triggered, but we started to kill jawas anyway. And no one single death counted for the achievement. That's pretty annoying. I am a subscriber, but it makes only a few months I'm playing SWTOR. My F2P time lasted 5 days then I started paying for it. I'm an achievement hunter, that's what I like the most to do in a game, to complete the content it has to offer. I have 13 active characters, 5 of them lvl 55, because I want t to complete all planets, know all story-lines (Of course I'm not crazy to put endgame gear in every toon :jawa_tongue:). But anyway the lvling is very fun also. If you can't complete something because of a bug, that's fine, you know someday it will be fixed and you will be able to have it. But not being able to complete something because it is only obtainable by old players that's very, very unpleasant and disrespectful with new players. :jawa_mad: I don't care about the item. If it was a gift for loyal players that subscribed the game till a certain date, fine by me. But why the hell make it an achievement inside a planet just to make it not 100% completed by all players? Turn it a separated one or remove it from legacy. The way it is now is not only pointless, it is absurd!

I just did it today with my Mercenary. Made group with another Mercenary that has tha Jawa Party. Did

not received the buff when it was triggered, but we started to kill jawas anyway. And no one single death counted for the achievement. That's pretty annoying. I am a subscriber, but it makes only a few months I'm playing SWTOR. My F2P time lasted 5 days then I started paying for it. I'm an achievement hunter, that's what I like the most to do in a game, to complete the content it has to offer. I have 13 active characters, 5 of them lvl 55, because I want t to complete all planets, know all story-lines (Of course I'm not crazy to put endgame gear in every toon :jawa_tongue:). But anyway the lvling is very fun also. If you can't complete something because of a bug, that's fine, you know someday it will be fixed and you will be able to have it. But not being able to complete something because it is only obtainable by old players that's very, very unpleasant and disrespectful with new players. :jawa_mad: I don't care about the item. If it was a gift for loyal players that subscribed the game till a certain date, fine by me. But why the hell make it an achievement inside a planet just to make it not 100% completed by all players? Turn it a separated one or remove it from legacy. The way it is now is not only pointless, it is absurd!

Agreed. It's not fair to players like you. And it doesn't enhance my gameplay to stop you getting achievements. Is my loyalty perk supposed to be making you miserable? Thanks for the thought BW, but I play lightside :p

so since i can't stand PvP but want all the Achievements, they're disrespecting me by having PvP achievements on the planets even on a PvE server?.. does it annoy me? yes... did i come to the forums to say i was being disrespected? no, i just accepted it and moved on... i've accepted i'm not gonna get everything in the game i want, no one will, eventually real life will interfere and something will get missed, it's not disrespectful, it's life...

• 2 weeks later...

exactly. Also, if Bioware breaks the promise that the party Jawa was to be exclusive, then they will have a bunch of a ngry players including me to deal with.

exactly. Also, if Bioware breaks the promise that the party Jawa was to be exclusive, then they will have a bunch of a ngry players including me to deal with.

If that's all it takes to make you angry, maybe multi-player games are not for you.

That said, I see no reason to keep it "exclusive," nor do I see any reason not to open it up.It's just a game. IOW, if they choose to keep it as is, fine, if they choose to make it available for purchase, fine, to reiterate my previous post.

Edited by branmakmuffin

If that's all it takes to make you angry, maybe multi-player games are not for you.

That said, I see no reason to keep it "exclusive," nor do I see any reason not to open it up.It's just a game. IOW, if they choose to keep it as is, fine, if they choose to make it available for purchase, fine, to reiterate my previous post.

the reason not to open it up was it was promised to be exclusive, how would you like it if someone told you that this really awesome thing would only go to you and a few other guys, then all of a sudden that guy backstabs you and decides to go back on that and make it for everyone. Party Jawa was for people who stayed through to the release of cartel market and f2p if I remember correctly, none of us would like Bioware breaking their promises.