Dromund Kaas questline.

chaosmadness

• 4 years later...

I never understood why that quest line never got a mirror for the Republic ...

The Empire side got [ Extreme Spoilers ! ] :

- That Revan quest line

- the chance to kill Revan

Meanwhile the Republic got nothing like that. The Empire side players so got a HUGE knowledge boost compared to the Republic side players ... And no, I don't play Empire side ... I just don't.

The Republic got the Gree ... uh ... weak, compared to the fact that a WHOLE EXPANSION has this legendary figure from the Empire quest line at its center ...

So, to me, this has always been one (of many) arguments why the dev team has always favoured the Empire side so much more ...

... Gree ... Who plays with Gree ?

I never understood why that quest line never got a mirror for the Republic ...

The Empire side got [ Extreme Spoilers ! ] :

- That Revan quest line

- the chance to kill Revan

Meanwhile the Republic got nothing like that. The Empire side players so got a HUGE knowledge boost compared to the Republic side players ... And no, I don't play Empire side ... I just don't.

The Republic got the Gree ... uh ... weak, compared to the fact that a WHOLE EXPANSION has this legendary figure from the Empire quest line at its center ...

So, to me, this has always been one (of many) arguments why the dev team has always favoured the Empire side so much more ...

... Gree ... Who plays with Gree ?

Asation operation story is the first time imperial players learn about the Gree, there you have "a HUGE knowledge boost" for the republic players who meet them on Couruscant, the quest even give a unique republic only title and later on during a FP you meet them again. As far as i remember there are more quests which may not be directly given by gree representatives but are related to the alliance with them.

Concerning the major protaginist.... Have you ever played the questline on Dromund Kaas?

and about the killing, if you remember the Taral V/ M Prison FPs, republic players have the chance to free *him*, which is fitting the faction much more and without freeing him first, the imperial side couldn't kill him. (If you look at the timelime of when story arcs and FPs take place). The Republic get their share too.

I also want to add, that certain NPCs like Kilran for example are better written on republic side. As Republic Player you learn more about him and his personality, than you'll ever learn by meeting him at the FP missions introductions on the Empire side. Imperial players don't even learn what happens to him in MPrison at the end. For them one day Kilran is just gone and replaced by Malgus.

Also i wonder how you can call it favouritism, if you don't even play and experience the stories and differences from both factions. There are great story arcs and plot on both sides. And many differences, but that adds to the fun, especially if you look at those arcs that connect both sides. Also there is a timeline, like Republic Belsavis happens befor Imperial Belsavis and stuff like that. By playing the other faction you'll learn more background stories and how the war broke out in any case.

A little bit like Witcher 2, to learn and understand all circumstances and backgrounds, you need to play both sides, Scoiatel and Temerian forces.

Edited by Khaleijo

• 4 months later...
I know this is probly the wrong place to ask but i logged onto my inquisitor after a long break ( before f2p version) and my quest log was completely empty, i remember i was on the quest to go kill Darth Skotia but i dont have the item the quest says u need to confront him and all phase gates are red for me and i cant cross them. anyone know a solution for this? ive opened a ticket but i keep reading that those dont get answered very often. if anyone could help me out id appreciate it

I know this is probly the wrong place to ask but i logged onto my inquisitor after a long break ( before f2p version) and my quest log was completely empty, i remember i was on the quest to go kill Darth Skotia but i dont have the item the quest says u need to confront him and all phase gates are red for me and i cant cross them. anyone know a solution for this? ive opened a ticket but i keep reading that those dont get answered very often. if anyone could help me out id appreciate it

I'd suggest you send a forum message to one of the Bioware people who post here. Probably Eric Musco. Be polite and include the ticket number, of course.