The 10 second force barrier laugh

Vassise

Seriously noobs, you're on 5% health, you're against 3 other players on your own, no where near any of your team mates

DERP HURURRR FORCE BARRIER U CANT HIT ME IM IN A FORCE BARRIER DERP DERP DREP

The funny thing is when the 3 people pause and stand there ready to use their execute ability.

Sounds like a wonderful use of the bubble. Like others have said, the guy you are talking about just CCd three of your guys for 10+seconds while they tried to figure out why the guy is not dying. The fact that three people are going to sit there away from anyone who was actually trying to win is a derp for those three clowns.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously noobs, you're on 5% health, you're against 3 other players on your own, no where near any of your team mates

The funny thing is when the 3 people pause and stand there ready to use their execute ability.

I can't count how many times I've escaped after three idiots sat there waiting for my force barrier to end. 10 seconds is an infinity in a close PVP match. While you're sitting there waiting, my hutball carrier just went right by you on his way to score. Keeping you stalled away from the objective while my partner caps the door. That's 3 less people going after my healer, who's healing me anyway while the idiots stand there idly. Plus, any good Sorc with his speed boost up will most certainly catch you off guard and prematurely break the barrier, speed boost around the corner as I'm hitting my instant heal ability and wz stim. The barrier is an idiot magnet. And I love it.

Edited by Odyseus

Sounds like a wonderful use of the bubble. Like others have said, the guy you are talking about just CCd three of your guys for 10+seconds while they tried to figure out why the guy is not dying. The fact that three people are going to sit there away from anyone who was actually trying to win is a derp for those three clowns.

It really does surprise me how hard people will tunnel on one person to the exclusion of all else, including winning the game.

So while those 3 derps standing there waiting for the force barrier to end and hit me with their execute ability my team is at the opposite door/pylon/turret capping, yeah I like it :)

It can also be specced to heal so I may be at 10% health before it ends pop my force mend, back in the game :)

It's more likely that during that 10 seconds, the rest of your team is on their way back in / behind a door and unable to get out anyway, such that you'll just get to come out with them in the end (which you would have if you hadn't wasted it) and now you've got the barrier on cooldown. I've yet to see someone use barrier when they're completely by themselves and it actually added any value for their team.

Way too many people use what is an amazing ability amazingly badly.

There was one time on voidstar attack when my side had wiped and I was the last one standing. I wasn't getting reinforcements so I figured the respawn was side switching.

I popped Force Barrier 6 on 1 when I thought for sure the numbers alone meant I was going to die. The second-to-last person had just died and the hard switch to me had begun, so I got it off with about half health remaining. The six for some reason drooled over waiting to kill me.

Just as I was ready to release my grenade, I see the "unauthorized armaments" announcement from the other side. I released my grenade and **** of dodge, and I actually managed to escape the 6v1.

It was absolutely glorious. :D

So you don't really understand the tactical move to use force barrier when you're at 1% health while 3 other yabbos wait patiently for it to end....instead of being someplace else maybe guarding a node or whatever?

You're right about one thing. There is someone here who doesn't understand the tactical moment going on right in front of their face....and it's not the sage using the force barrier.

It's you. :rolleyes:

There was one time on voidstar attack when my side had wiped and I was the last one standing. I wasn't getting reinforcements so I figured the respawn was side switching.

I popped Force Barrier 6 on 1 when I thought for sure the numbers alone meant I was going to die. The second-to-last person had just died and the hard switch to me had begun, so I got it off with about half health remaining. The six for some reason drooled over waiting to kill me.

Just as I was ready to release my grenade, I see the "unauthorized armaments" announcement from the other side. I released my grenade and **** of dodge, and I actually managed to escape the 6v1.

It was absolutely glorious. :D

I agree. Used correctly the force barrier is one of the sweetest moves we have. I love it. :D

Dumb players often see the sorc's health not dropping and then use their big cds to kill the sorc. That is the true derp lol.

^ This. I love watching those big CDs burn. Especially when I can see someone standing behind them dumping heals on me. I've used the barrier to wait out my CDs, and then come out of it and killed the guy who remained on me. Mostly though, I just use it as a self peel, and then get out of dodge.

Honestly op did you not see the tactic of holding up three of your team? It couldn't be the case.. surely ... well maybe because some of the players I end up pugging with.

I always see people blowing GCD on my face barrier :) I bet they put in tickets explaining how I am invincible :cool:

the only thing that`s OP about this ability is the fact that the caster can RECEIVE heals from teammates during it being channeled which is not ok

I'm ok with this if marauders can no longer receive heals when using undying rage. I'd also be ok with extending undying rage to 10 seconds if marauders could not attack without ending its duration.

Oh, wait, you're probably one of the derpers who blows all his offensive cooldowns on sorc with barrier up, getting aoe taunted by the shiny bubble thingie like a noob, and wondering why the sorc's healthbar doesn't go down. Bonus derp if you ignore the crosshealer in the back and continue to wait for the barrier to end.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I'm ok with this if marauders can no longer receive heals when using undying rage. I'd also be ok with extending undying rage to 10 seconds if marauders could not attack without ending its duration.

Oh, wait, you're probably one of the derpers who blows all his offensive cooldowns on sorc with barrier up, getting aoe taunted by the shiny bubble thingie like a noob, and wondering why the sorc's healthbar doesn't go down. Bonus derp if you ignore the crosshealer in the back and continue to wait for the barrier to end.

oh wait u must be brain dead, my condolences, no pal blowing cd`s has nothing to with being able to receive heals while immune to any possible harm in the game and CC,did u read what i posted?

btw tip of the day for you , u can stun mara`s in undying rage, when u go againts a mara u keep a stun for undying rage and another stun or knockback for ravage, do not stun him randomly and get his resolve up for no reason or u deserve whats comming to u

Edited by iDraxter

oh wait u must be brain dead, my condolences, no pal blowing cd`s has nothing to with being able to receive heals while immune to any possible harm in the game,did u read what i posted?

btw tip of the day for you , u can stun mara`s in undying rage, when u go againts a mara u keep a stun for undying rage and another stun or knockback for ravage, do not stun him randomly and get his resolve up for no reason or u deserve whats comming to u

Duh. I know you can stun maras in UR. That wasn't my point.

My point was UNLESS you can stun them, they can still attack and such with UR up, and still enjoy their cooldown.

If we do anything, it breaks our immunity, which is where the sorc QQ about it being a self-stun comes from. Not saying I agree with the QQ, because I actually don't agree with it (see previous posts) and use barrier intelligently.

But I suppose there's such a world of difference between getting healed during 99% damage immunity and getting healed during 100% damage immunity (during which time we can't act unless we want to end it) where it's completely necessary to eliminate heals received from one but not the other, right? :rolleyes:

I'm not complaining about UR. I'm pointing out how uneducated your sorc barrier QQ is by comparing it to the nerf UR QQ we saw around this time last year. You know, the QQ where the QQers were told "l2saveurstun." Now I get to say "l2switch2otherhealer."

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Funny thing is while 4 of you idiots are staring at me waiting to finish me off, the rest of the team is taking your other objective. It makes for a wonderful distraction for a lone sage to run up, wreak some havoc for a second and then just before death...bubble! ready some instant heals to pop just as you attack thinking i might do something and buy a few more secs..all in all i can hold v 4 for about 30 seconds which is long enough for my team to take another turret in ACW or keep you from planting a door, etc.

I may not be anywhere near my teammates because I want you to be nowhere near my teammates.

LMAO.... actually the 3 herp a derps standing there are doing EXACTLY what the sorc/sage wants them to do... focus 3 guys on 1 guy for 10 seconds when they cant even touch him... brilliant. I use this tactic a lot, and live to laugh at the tards who just stood there... why?... because all my heals are off CD even if I'm DPS specc I have my instant heal, a wz medpac, a wz adrenal, and a fresh bubble. See how that works ;) Sure sometimes youre gonna die anyway, but taking three people out of an objective based battle for 1 guy is a win any day.

The best way to deal with Force Barrier is start capping the node. A lot of people will stop their Force Barrier immediately to interrupt you, and if they don't interrupt you, well that's good too.

This happened to me and a teammate on NC. Sorc in a bubble watching us cap. Utterly lol.:D