Class Story Packs

Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the idea of a super player who can pay more to have the content that other subscribed players don't want and F2P/GS players don't need.

But maybe some class story content will come in the next extension ?

one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel.
... or not.

• 3 weeks later...
I would prefer they simply add it as an expansion. It would feel like a slap in the face as a subscriber, having played the class missions to 50, then suddenly having to pay more money -per class- on top of the subscription to see what happens next.

This.

If it's an expansion, I will pay for it. If it's just <insert class here> chapter 5 on the Cartel Market, nope.

Story was the driving force in what TOR was supposed to be about. Why put that content on the CM? If they did, it shows how greedy they are.

Story's the most expensive part of the game as well. SWTOR isn't making the big $$ that was expected since a good chunk of the 500k subs at launch quit the game early and they need around that much for several months to make the money back. Now me personally I would want Bioware to release the story's over time, giving basically planet bit size time by time. So it's not just one big cost, like how episodic games work aside from the payment each time if you're a sub for me personally.

But the point is, Story's aren't going to come back unless we as the community is willing to take some form of compromise and understand the issue with making 8 different story's all with reasonable length.

Edited by Ommar_Gef

I'd rather pay $40-60 for a REAL expansion. Makeb and GSF are not expansion... more like DLC. Hell a CoD map pack costed more than RotHC.

I agree with that - if it includes class story extensions. Everyone loves to say this is a WoW clone, so why not clone their expansion releases as well.

Hell, they spent time creating player housing, it's about time that we see resources dedicated to the reason most of the people playing this game bought it and still play it - the class storylines.

Before the game was released what were we promised? STORY!!!! We were told that the team that made the game noticed that story was really lacking in MMOs, and that this MMO would fill a need in the market. It did, but for content burners like me that only lasted a few months at best only to be replaced by a one size fits all story line and unbearably repetitive daily areas. Story is what separated this game and they seem to have given up on that.

/sign

Edited by DeltaBos