Deception Assassin Opener

_Pryor_

Spike open is pretty much situational. Just weigh the resolve bar against a full global and a 0.5 second lead on the next global. Sometimes you don't need to worry about filling their resolve and others (huttball) you do.

Crushing after low slash is a pretty good idea too since you'd never get it off otherwise and you might pressure them into a cc breaker, which any time you force a cc breaker with a low slash you've pretty much won.

The matchup and situation is probably the determining factor for both these moves.

This might be the best Sin arguement on tactics I have seen on these forums.

I am lvl 41 and just about to get spike, so I was wondering if I should plan to open with it and change my normal rotation to hope to lure out a CC breaker, or stick with my normal style. This was helpful. Seems like it would be a useful openner to disrupt a fringe healer or perhaps claim a node against a solo guard, something I do a LOT in WZ. Perhaps I will add it to my list.

Anyway, on a completely different note since everyone seems to have an oppinion, does anyone else occasionally use mind trap on a solo oppenient to force a CC? Maul against a mind-trapped foe seems to give me an extra damage spec since I currently don't have more than 1 bind. Just wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot or not...

Edited by Lord_O_Death_Joe

This might be the best Sin arguement on tactics I have seen on these forums.

I am lvl 41 and just about to get spike, so I was wondering if I should plan to open with it and change my normal rotation to hope to lure out a CC breaker, or stick with my normal style. This was helpful. Seems like it would be a useful openner to disrupt a fringe healer or perhaps claim a node against a solo guard, something I do a LOT in WZ. Perhaps I will add it to my list.

Anyway, on a completely different note since everyone seems to have an oppinion, does anyone else occasionally use mind trap on a solo oppenient to force a CC? Maul against a mind-trapped foe seems to give me an extra damage spec since I currently don't have more than 1 bind. Just wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot or not...

I'll go to the point...openning with mind trap is THE WORST OPENNER YOU CAN EVER USE IN THIS GAME IF YOUR GOAL IS TO KILL THE TARGET!!! XD

On a serious note, never ever use mind trap to open a fight. Mind trap is good when you want to slow some1, help a friend to ninja cap with a double mind trap (the defender will break the 1rst one to prevent the cap but you will mind trap again for the win) A good player will never use a CC breaker on a CC like mind trap. Its better to open without mind trap. mind trap give one global CD to the defender to type: ZOMG i need help I is panic cuz WOOHOO a stealther here. And give A LOT of resolve to land only 1 hit

However you can go on the off node to mind trap the defender and he might ask for help BUT because the assassin is a master in the art of trolling the enemy you just go away and fight with your team in a 7vs6 (assuming you control 1 node)

If you want to know what is a good opener (imo) you have to consider the damage output vs the resolve filling vs the speed of the damage dealt. because lets be honest, if my opener is 100X saber strike, the damage is going to be higher than Shock+discharge but...a lot slower lol...I guess you got the idea XD

Side note: I killed a pub with saber strike only in The Black hole and this guy was not afk and was trying to fight back. (It was the biggest keyboard turner ever seen in the MMO history, I mean a keyboard turner would call him a keyboard turner) I've never attacked this guy again. It was funny the 1rst time but...yeah not anymore

Open with discharge or voltaic slash. Its that simple. Spike isn't very good in deception. At least discharge can get you some good damage off the bat. You should never use crushing darkness. It wastes way too much force and only had use pre 1.2 when dots stopped node capping.

Eh, i like spike. It has a pretty nice animation.

I personally open up with it regardless and find a way to compensate for the resolve i filled up.

Another thing Spike is actually quite useful for is knocking those pesky free-casting Gunslingers/Sages/Commandos off the ramps in Huttball.

Since they typically seem to stand on the very edge (To get the maximum range), all it takes is the little push from Spike to knock them straight down.

It's not a huge thing, definitely not a requirement; but i love doing it instead of wasting Overload on one person sometimes.

Edited by GhostDrone