So my friend is getting his PHYSICAL copy today. Can he play today?

Arkhias

Amazon is delivering our copies today. He was a late pre-order.

Can he play today after inputting his key? or does he have a $60 paperweight until the 19th-20th?

Depending on when he entered or enters his pre-order redemption code, he might get Early Access. However, as you KNOW the official launch is the 20th of December, so you KNEW that you couldn't be able to play until then anyways.

I will also be getting my game today, wow I was scared that I would not get it on time.

But yeah he should get in today, though he should have pre-loaded from bioware, or he might have to wait a little for some things to update.

Depending on when he entered or enters his pre-order redemption code, he might get Early Access. However, as you KNOW the official launch is the 20th of December, so you KNEW that you couldn't be able to play until then anyways.

Oh, quit being such an apologist. I've been accessing the game since first 30 seconds of EGA. Just wanting to play with a friend (people have these, you know!).

Nope, i put my PRE ORDER code in DEC 12

Got my PHYSICAL COPY on DEC14, entered in product key and no EGA access. Just a message saying i have 30 days paid sub after DEC 20

I don't know for sure, but guessing by how the Early Access waves have been going so far. You are next in line for your email letting you play.

Oh, quit being such an apologist. I've been accessing the game since first 30 seconds of EGA. Just wanting to play with a friend (people have these, you know!).

All that aside Mr. Your question has been answered. Nothing more nothing less. For your sake I hope he gets his email today, because as you know it's a brilliant game.

Enjoy.