livinlife

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like a /lick

*COUGH*

And the ability to add a selected target's name to custom emote code

eg: /e decides that %t needs to be decked in the shnoz!

WoW has that and (YES) this game is better than WoW (imo) so it should have it too (kgo)

Yes please! I could troll my friends with /lick instead of stripping my character half-naked and /clubdancing next to them when they disconnect/go afk and I have to wait for them.

Nothing like a /lick to welcome them back. :p

This is an example of bad-RP called "God Modding". If they were to add it, the proper way to do so should be text that reads something like "xxx attempts to lick yyy".

Secondly... are you serious?! bleh.

Villynne responds, "just my gore stained war boots please...", while attempting to high kick it down xxx's gullet.

Edited by Vil-lynne

This is an example of bad-RP called "God Modding". If they were to add it, the proper way to do so should be text that reads something like "xxx attempts to lick yyy".

Secondly... are you serious?! bleh.

Villynne responds, "just my gore stained war boots please...", while attempting to high kick it down xxx's gullet.

And this post just expressed my thoughts on this issue, rather succinctly.

And here's another thought...

Why? What would really be the point? What would having this emote do for you, as an RP'er, that can't be done by using emote?

We had /lick in FFXI. I loved licking random stuff. I'm all for this!

I've been playing FFXI (Final Fantasy XI) for 9 years and my husbands since launch and there has been NO /lick emote ever. You can write a macro that can say you are licking someone/something, and there is not motion to go with it.....I'm very familiar with the emotes in FFXI and writing macros - I'm guessing THAT is where you got your /lick emote from.

One easy fix for being able to access emotes quicker would to be able assign them to a key, like we do abilities. In FFXI all abilities are menu driven, but you can write a macro then assign that to a macro book/key for easy use.

Example, FFXI has emotes for each job you have over 30, I have all 20 emotes, I was able to write a macro to string them all together - I assigned them to a series of 3-4 keys and they came out as a blended animation that looks really cool (FFXI you have 1 character for all your jobs, instead of 20 characters and 20 jobs)

Speaking of macros, while I understand the programmers are trying to keep away from a WoW-base, something else I liked from my WoW days was the macro writing window. Playing as a 'lock, I used to LUUUUURVE macro'ing "/y SOULS, COME UNTO ME!" whenever I used Soul Drain. or "/s Just taaaaap it in. Just taaaaap it in. Give it a tap tap taparoo!" with Life Tap (of which the Sage's Noble Sacrifice is reminiscent). Wish I could do that in SWTOR; there are plenty of abilities across all 6 of my characters that I've always wished I could macro smartalec or funny stuff to ;) Edited by M_A_White

I'd like a /lick

*COUGH*

And the ability to add a selected target's name to custom emote code

eg: /e decides that %t needs to be decked in the shnoz!

WoW has that and (YES) this game is better than WoW (imo) so it should have it too (kgo)

/lick

Kuronan licks M_A_White in an affectionate way.

Mrow...

also /spoon

But yea, /signed.