The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I had a Sorcerer in my Colicoid War Game group the other day who seemed to be very new to the game — she was very disoriented by the cannon section and we needed to keep covering her to prevent her dying (she kept accidentally dismounting). Did awesome Lightning DPS, though.

Anyway, when we got to the last section she was incredibly excited that she could use Slicing to open the cage door and get a pet Akk Dog. She then went on and on in chat about how much she loved her new "puppy" and announced in party chat that she had given it a name. This continued through the Arena Beasts and up to Annihilator 6K-A2, at which point she asked if the Akk Dog was permanent and would stay with her after the FP.

I gently explained the akk dog would get itself incinerated within a few seconds once the boss started putting down ground fire, and she was traumatized. She told me to switch to DPS (I was healing) so she could heal and the dog wouldn't charge in and get killed. We gently explained that guardian pets will run in the second she takes random damage from the boss.

So she begged me to keep her Akk Dog healed through the fire. I said I would try. Even though it cost our Operative DPS his life because I was distracted spamming Kolto Injection on an akk dog, alas, I could not keep the dog alive through the fire it was sitting in.

Upon seeing her pet akk dog die, the Sorc /yelled "Noooooooooooo" and expressed grieving emoticons in party chat. As soon as the boss died, she ran up and performed /cry emotes over her akk dog before /kneeling and asking to be left alone.

Thats awesome. I have to do that when Im in that fp with my next char. Without the healing part of course.

Then you haven't ever looked there.

Noxxic has always recommended for tanks to use their threat reducing abilities and still does it

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-warrior/juggernaut/immortal/rotation-and-cooldowns

Go to any PvE guide for any tank spec in noxxic and you will find this text: "Survivability cooldowns are used to keep you alive, reduce aggro, and provide relief to healers."

And it is not just them using the same introductory text for tanks and dps, (which would be stupid too) but all of the tank "guides" there actually list threat reduction abilities like Enraged Defense in their list of abilities tanks should use.

(sure I can think of some rare situations where an off-tank might use threat drop in an operation where you have 2 tanks, but these are rare and exceptional situations, and the person using it is not tanking anything at the moment, but since Noxxic does not explain or specify in any way how and when to use these abilities, the default assumption is that they suggest them to be used as often as possible, even when you are tanking)

Saddest part is, I'm not even sure if this is the worst and stupidest bad advice given by Noxxic, since there are so many.

So that's why... I had a tank at hammer station dropping aggro during that beam thing because I wait out a few stacks before cleansing (with the CD kinda useless to cleanse immediately, I'll make sure my hots are up then cleanse) so that he got 3-5 stacks and then dps got 5-6 stacks, which made me eventually fall behind healing, we still did it since I gave up on the tank and just healed my dps through it since they didn't freak out when they got a couple stacks of the beam for me to cleanse.

Before then I had never seen a tank use their drop aggro ability unless I complained on mumble that I was getting bored, and that was just to make things interesting. Or as friendly trolling to guildmates.

:sy_lightside: This is a catch-all, but there are a number of people who seem to want to ERP with my Sorc healer, and want to spend the better part of the FP propositioning me in whispers.

I had people whisper me to marry them on my healers (male and female). Weird.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

We had a sentinel in a 50+ group who refused to use his second lightsaber. First he had both, but after a couple of mobs only one equiped. The tank noticed first and asked very politely where his second weapon was.

"I LIKE IT SO" the sentinel said (yes in capslock). Tank said, "well, but with both you'll do more damage!"

Sentinel capslocked: "I DON'T CARE". We didn't kick him and let him have his way, but this was so weird.

Could have been me. Only that my Sentinel is level 23 right now.

I just hate the animation of fighting with two lightsabres. When I'm not in a group, I exclusively use one.

Almost every group finder romp I do seems to include quite a few weird people including myself. I really prefer 2 manning flashpoints with comps and a good friend. That way we can take in the sights, scavenge, dance with our comps and each other and just have fun while succeeding at the FP and not be rushed or hassled by anyone. Note I am new, so these are like lvl 30's fp's.

This is how I prefer it myself as well. ;)

I still don't know why he was not reading the chat or if he was reading why not responding.

Could it perhaps be that he or she simply didn't understand your language ?

Upon seeing her pet akk dog die, the Sorc /yelled "Noooooooooooo" and expressed grieving emoticons in party chat. As soon as the boss died, she ran up and performed /cry emotes over her akk dog before /kneeling and asking to be left alone.

Very good role-playing.

If it was meant to be role-playing, that is.

But still impressive - only few people use emotes that way.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Tell her to get the Gannifari/Haggnofarl pet. Those are akk dogs. ;)

Two stories:

Number one was when I played Esseles on my Guardian (alt). We got a drop from ironfist that was heavy armor with stats for a guardian. The tank in my group was a trooper, and he decided that, since it was heavy armor, it must be for him. He needed, and won the roll. I yelled at him and asked him what he was planning on doing with them. He said "Wearing them, duh" and proceeded to walk around with Knight boots on like the idiot he is. I left.

Number two was when I played Mandalorian Raiders in a group with me (scoundrel), two gs dps, and a trooper tank. Anyways, this one gunslinger kept running head first into EVERY SINGLE BATTLE. We would sneak past the two turrets right before the boarding party and there she goes, nosediving right in between them FROM THE ROOM AFTER THE TURRETS. We were about to get on the elevator up to the bridge, and there she goes, attacking everything in the whole room. and I mean everything. This ***** was crazy. My dad made me go to bed before we finished so I didn't have to go through the rest of the fp with her, but {I can't type what I want to because it will censor it]

Edited by NathanNoodle

Number one was when I played Esseles on my Guardian (alt). We got a drop from ironfist that was heavy armor with stats for a guardian. The tank in my group was a trooper, and he decided that, since it was heavy armor, it must be for him. He needed, and won the roll. I yelled at him and asked him what he was planning on doing with them. He said "Wearing them, duh" and proceeded to walk around with Knight boots on like the idiot he is. I left.

The yelling at him would be the problem, you could have mentioned that the stats aren't built for him, and that its an upgrade for him. Especially when you're in the first fp, some people don't know yet. I've had plenty of people apologize and hand over gear to the person that can use the stats. Personally when it comes to the lower level stuff I'm indifferent when a "ninja" happens, I appreciate people asking if they could roll for their companions if no one else needs it. But when in doubt until you're lvl 50-55 and need the gear to be viable for ops don't stress so much about it.

Attacking first will just make people get defensive, and/or they'll keep the gear out of spite.

--

On to weird stories:

I had an Athiss 55HM run that was going okay, I was on my my sorc, so I figured that that's why I was having a little trouble keeping the tank up, so I just burned through my force a bit more and the first boss went allright, the trash after that got a little tough but I prepared for it and threw out a lot of big heals to compensate. Well the second boss didn't go as well, we wiped a few times and they were all yelling at me for my bad heals, but as the tank left I realized he had about as much health as my barely tionese sorc... next tank came in was unsure of my gear but the rest of the instance was smooth. I'm glad that second tank came in and that I eventually saw the health of the first tank, it was really starting to hurt my confidence (though notice how I was blamed before the tank for the wipes). From now on it does make me look at tanks health before I start :)

Being my 1st MMO ever; I am probably the offending party of some of these horror stories. From what I have read, SWTOR has somewhat a steep learning curve for total newbies as myself, and being conscious of the fact that, I sought out many guides and recently scouring the forums.

This cleared up several gearing issues and tactics in general. Being a tank as my first toon didn’t help much either. Not realizing how much a tank should control the battle field, as opposed to just react to it.

Been bashed and yelled at so often in GF; I skipped most of the FP’s and did story and side quest only for a couple toons. Fearing to offend too many others- realizing that people value their time/money. This actually helped me to learn my role(s); so now with my alts, I am much more effective.

Now have 3+ 50 Characters; feeding mods and gear to my alts. . I solo most low level FP’s (at +4-5ish level req.) with my companion of choice; both of us fully geared in artifact mods and custom gear – just to see if it can be done.

The best help though, comes in those patient enough to walk group through FP’s, and use the marking signs. (Took me months before I found those buttons!!). And explain what to do with each sign. A quick tactic brief can go a long way if someone is willing to learn.

Wanted to thank all those who have helped me grow and learn; and feel confident in most low level FP’s to help and pass the knowledge to others. Have not done any of the 50+ FP HM’s yet, and am gearing up (and reading up) to tackle these.

Last stop is to actually do some Op’s, then I feel the whole progression will be complete. Perhaps learning to heal – seems stressful and another position that gets grief; maybe why so many DPS exist? Possibly join a guild that would have me; new to that concept as well.

I make it a point to help those truly wanting to learn; and find it rewarding. Been a sub now for 6 months (was only a FTP for couple weeks); enjoying the experience and looking forward to more difficult challenges. Thanks, and hopefully will PUG with you all some time.

(Wow, sorry for the wall of text - don't post much either) :o

The yelling at him would be the problem, you could have mentioned that the stats aren't built for him, and that its an upgrade for him. Especially when you're in the first fp, some people don't know yet. I've had plenty of people apologize and hand over gear to the person that can use the stats. Personally when it comes to the lower level stuff I'm indifferent when a "ninja" happens, I appreciate people asking if they could roll for their companions if no one else needs it. But when in doubt until you're lvl 50-55 and need the gear to be viable for ops don't stress so much about it.

Attacking first will just make people get defensive, and/or they'll keep the gear out of spite.

You're right. I certainly didnt know which stats I should aim for at lvl 10 of my first character and I dont consider myself dumb. I even used need on everything by that time since I thought it means basically what greed really means.

two weeks ago I was playing my 20something sorc healer in a FP.

we killed something and it dropped a customizable chest piece (looks like the ones agents wear on the creation screen). Our Jugg tank "needs" on it (didn't matter, no one in the group used cunning), equips it as is, and continues on to the main boss.

by some miracle, i kept him and the group alive. i rechecked him before we broke, and it was still all cunning and no strength

This is funnier to me than it should be.

On my new Sorc I always queue as heal and DPS...usually I get heal.

One time in Hammer Station I was DPS and another Sorc was heal.

I respecced. For some reason the tank immediately left so we were left with two DPS and the healer Sorc. The Sorc pulled out his companion...but not Khem, he took Andronikus.

During trash fights he DPSed, between the fights we had to use seethe and such....he never healed. Before we engaged the boss, I already feared he would not heal. He didn't even top himself up before we attacked.

The entire boss fight, he just stood there and didn't do anything, not even DPS. I tried to fill both roles and it was a close fight, but we wiped. Upon returning we saw the healer running around, being chased by the boss (seemed to be kinda buggy until he finally killed him).

I respecced to heal before the second try. Again the healer just stood there or ran in circles while I was healing the other DPS. As soon as the boss had been killed, the healer ran towards him, looted and rolled need for the pants with cunning... I had already planned to vote kick him, sadly not fast enough apparently...

I never encountered anyone so useless in a FP:... I understand it when players are new to the game and don't know what they're doing, but doing nothing at all during a boss fight...I have no sympathy there.

As it turns out, some of these stories have happy endings.

A few weeks before 2.0 hit, I got dropped into a HM FP with a sage healer who clearly had no clue about gear. He was in mostly Tionese gear, but some of it was dps gear, while the rest was tank gear. The tank notices first, and just completely flips out. He starts yelling at the healer, calling him a stupid noob, etc., along with a few names I won't repeat here, and then initiated a vote kick (it failed because I wasn't going to vote kick until he had a chance to leave voluntarily). Now, the tank had a point; this guy had no business trying to heal a HM FP, but he was just a complete dick about it. While the tank is raging, the healer is politely asking what he's doing wrong and what he is supposed to do. I can hardly get a word in with the tank just overflowing the chat with insults, and I can see the healer is getting pretty upset, and he eventually just quits.

Naturally, as soon as the healer leaves, the tank calls me and the other dps (who had been pretty much silent to this point) a bunch of noobs as well, even though we never even started the FP, and then he rage quits. Without a tank or healer, we just give up on the FP, and I go back to doing dailies.

However, the healer had been pretty clearly upset by the tank's tirade. While he clearly didn't understand how gear worked, he had been polite and seemed open to advice, so I started whispering to him. I explained that the tank shouldn't have been such a dick, but that the tank did have a point - there was no way he could be an effective healer in that gear. I tried to explain what he was doing wrong (namely that his gear was a mess), and some things he could do to fix it. I also pointed him towards some useful sites where he could learn more.

Fast forward to about two weeks ago, and I'm doing the Ilum dailies. Soloing the heroic 2+ had become routine enough that I was apparently not paying enough attention, and I managed to pull a few extra mobs with twin saber throw. Turns out that even if you're 5 levels above the content, having 6 strongs and 3 elites beating on you hurts. I was down to about 10% health when a sage healer shows up and saves my ***. Once everything's dead I thank him, and he whispers "remember me?". At first I couldn't believe this sage in full 69 gear was the same one I met weeks ago. Turns out he read everything he could find online, got his gear straightened out, found a guild, and turned into a pretty ****** healer. I congratulated him on sticking with it, and he told me that he had been ready to give up after getting abused by that tank, and that my encouragement was the only reason he was still playing.

Moral of the story: if it had been up to that tank, the game would have one less healer than it does today. Don't just start yelling at somebody if they don't know what they're doing; try to explain what they're doing wrong and what they can do to fix it. If it's a problem that can't be fixed immediately (like gear), ask them to leave before starting a vote kick. If the player in question is rude about it, or refuses to acknowledge their mistakes, then start a vote kick.

Last night me and a couples of guild mates queued for regular Boarding Party and Foundry. I was dps op, and the others were a Sniper and BH healer. So the queue pops for Boarding Party and we get a BH tank.

The tank proceeds to run ahead before me and the Sniper can load in and starts the first fight before we can use the lift, luckily the healer made it in and kept him alive. So I asked him politely to slow down so we can catch up and I can stealth before combat. He says fine. A few pulls later he says "I'm sure there is a good reason you are pulling mobs, but stop." I reply saying that it doesn't really matter with all the trash mobs since me and my guild mates are a little over-leveled. Our healer also says that dps can pull aggro and part of tanking is holding aggro as well as grabbing it at the start. The tank then leaves and sends our Healer a message saying that we should all learn how to play and that "our guild isn't ready for FP's"

Luckily we re-queue and get an awesome Assassin tank that made the run great fun so alls well that ends well

There are two different FP's that stand out in my mind, one was Maelstrom prison (on my DPS Commando which luckily myself and the 2 other team members were over geared and at the upper end of the lvl recommendation), the other time was Mandalorian Raiders (on my decently geared dps guardian but right at the recommended lvl). Both of these where Pre F2P launch as well.

So the Maelstrom prison we have a shadow tank, commando healer, dps scoundrel, and my dps commando. From the start it was pretty easy to see that the Tank was pretty new at tanking as they never used taunt or any of their defensive abilities, wouldn't attempt to maintain agro, even on the target they where attacking, Both the healer and I were constantly holding the agro. During the 1st *boss fight where you have to beat the guy on the hill that has the two green cats (i forget what they're called) we start out with the scoundrel and my self cc'ing the cats so we can focus on the imp guy. The shadow runs in and uses overload to break them out of cc and scatter them about. The commando healer uses his cc and the shadow then uses project to break the cc again. Two of the cats immediately go after the healer so I used mortar volley to take the agro off of him and on myself all the while the tank has used up all of their force power and is now just using the standard attack on the imp guy. Long battle but luckily no one died. After that fight I checked the equipment they had on and they where in all blue and green gear that was 5-6 lvl bellow what they where and I mean all of their gear even their lightsaber. During this time the person playing the scoundrel asks if this is anybody's 1st time on this FP the healer says yes it's their 1st and the shadow doesn't say anything. So the scoundrel gives a brief explanation of things and we move on. We get to the next boss where again it's another imp guy and the one cat in compound and it's more of the same thing I ended up pulling agro and tanking the fight, but before the fight is over the shadow runs and pulls one of the groups of troopers and droids. They ultimately end up getting killed bc they're all alone as the rest of the group is finishing up with the boss. Rez the shadow and the healer asks if they have ever tanked before and still they don't say anything. Throughout the FP they kept running off on their own and starting fights with random groups and not communicating with the group. We all ended up wiping at the Kolto tank boss bc again they pulled some mobs from outside the area. We ultimately finished the FP but my DPS Commando ended up tanking the FP as well as DPS'ing. That one was interesting.

The second was the Mandalorian Raiders we had a healer that wouldn't heal, attack, CC, or anything else. This time we had a shadow(dps), vanguard(tank), guardian(me dps), and sage(healer) We also had kind of a goofy tank. At the start we asked if anybody was new to the FP and everybody said they had completed it before. Things started to go downhill from the start when it was obvious that the sage healer wasn't healing anybody and the tank kept getting killed. We asked again if this was anyone's 1st time and politely asked if the healer could well heal this time they just didn't say anything. We got to the fight where you fight the 4 imp counterparts and the sage starts the fight by running down the ramp, before we can even get any CC off. After they run down they run back up to the top we end up wiping pretty fast. We all rez up and get back to the area, this time we tell everybody to stop and wait bc we need to CC 2 of the ppl, we tell the sage whirlwind the guy marked with the gun symbol, and the shadow is going to cc the other. The shadow throws down their cc and the sage just stands there. We keep asking for them to CC, they still aren't talking and I'm starting to think ok so maybe they don't know what CC means so I ask them to use their whirlwind skill on the target that has the gun symbol floating above them. What do they do? They CC the target that's already cc'd which starts combat. We get 2 of the targets down this time but end up wiping bc they still won't heal anybody. We vote kick and luckily we got another healer with in 2 min. Now the reason I say that the tank was kind of goofy is bc well they had a habit of standing in the middle of AOE attacks and telling ppl to do things that didn't really make sense, the shadow would routinely put down their mez and the tank would run up hit the mez'd target, I'm guessing they didn't have the best gear bc they where constantly getting killed even when the healer was healing only them, but at the fight with the 4 imp counterparts after they died the last guy we had to kill was the bh who if I'm remembering correctly had a AOE attack well when he would use his AOE I would move out of the area, he kept telling me stay in one place so that the healer could heal me. We ended up finishing the FP without much more going on.

Sorry for being rather long winded.

Edited by Destroy_Apollo
Paragraph orientation

Was just in a PuG Athiss HM, with 3 competent players, with all the right skills for shortcuts killing exactly 85 mobs for the bonus and the only death was me because Living Fire and Drain Essence have teamed up on me at the wrong time. Was rezzed, grabbed boss and killed him. Almost did not believe how well it went.

Felt like a good story for a change =D.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Was just in a PuG Athiss HM, with 3 competent players, with all the right skills for shortcuts killing exactly 85 mobs for the bonus and the only death was me because Living Fire and Drain Essence have teamed up on me at the wrong time. Was rezzed, grabbed boss and killed him. Almost did not believe how well it went.

Felt like a good story for a change =D.

So, you considered your Group Finder allies "weird" because they all did everything correctly and didn't increase your blood pressure? :p

The tank proceeds to run ahead before me and the Sniper can load in and starts the first fight before we can use the lift, luckily the healer made it in and kept him alive. So I asked him politely to slow down so we can catch up and I can stealth before combat. He says fine. A few pulls later he says "I'm sure there is a good reason you are pulling mobs, but stop." I reply saying that it doesn't really matter with all the trash mobs since me and my guild mates are a little over-leveled. Our healer also says that dps can pull aggro and part of tanking is holding aggro as well as grabbing it at the start. The tank then leaves and sends our Healer a message saying that we should all learn how to play and that "our guild isn't ready for FP's"

Nothing weird for a tank to leave because the DPS keep pulling. You might be confident in your equipment or your skill, but he doesn't. Also it's annoying to take the aggro back all time. the game might have have not been fun for him, which justified his gesture.

i saw couple of times people who when f.e. arkanian boots drops they strangly have 61s mods in them end rest of gear mix of 69/72.

or story from yesterday,not gf but pug toboro. fury drooped mainhand we roled ,some guy won,got loot ,but when i inspected him he had no mods in his mainhand,

People in this game go to strange lengths to got loot, forgetin they didn't solo killed boss,but that was team effort .

Edited by inc_CichYBoB

I think my most interesting interaction was the opposite of a fairly common occurrence. I rock unusual for my role "orange" outfits on all my toons. Sages dressed like Knights, Troopers dressed like Sages, etc... Ran Esseles through groupfinder not too long ago, and this bloke continuously insisted I was in the wrong gear for my class. Even started a vote to kick me for it. I tried getting him to inspect me, and tried explaining that it was all modded with proper stats but he had none of that... he ended up getting kicked for being a moron.

Ran a PUG on my lowbie Jugg tank today. I was matched with a decent Mara DPS that i've pugged with before. He knows his stuff. We had a Merc healer wearing a strength head chest and belt. We tried to explain to him that Aim was his primary stat. His reply was that strength obviously makes him stronger. We tried to explain, but to no avail.

So we dropped it and continued on. First loot drop was a +aim chestpiece, the other DPS was a merc so both myself and the Mara DPS passed. The Merc DPS passed aswell, and said it was an upgrade but the healer needed it more. The healer was last to choose. Pass. Wait? What?

The healer passed on the chestpiece and I ended up with it. We tried explaining again that Aim was his primary stat and would increase his healing abilities. When he replied with..

"It's not good for me, it has too many stat drops"

By stat drops, he meant he lost some endurance and lost all his strength. He started to get a bit defensive so we just dropped it and didn't mention it again.

After a while we got to the console where you get a Light/Dark side option. Myself and the Mara DPS both chose light side option. After the conversation, the healer Merc said...

"Light side on a Sit character... Really?"

To which the Marauder DPS replied with...

"Strength gear on a Merc healer... Really?"

Both myself and the DPS Merc Lol'd in chat, the merc healer raged, called us immature C-bombs and dropped group.

We continued on with my healer companion. Win. Still not sure what made him rage so much, was humorous though.

I was in gf, as rep soldier healer, the person "in charge" was asking me to start combat, I am not used to doing fp's, but even I know my main job is to make sure people are healed, but fight when the situation warrants. This person also went from area to area without healing between fights, so I spent most of my time healing them. When I asked nicely to heal before rushing off he voted me out of the group. When no one else voted he left the fp.

i saw couple of times people who when f.e. arkanian boots drops they strangly have 61s mods in them end rest of gear mix of 69/72.

or story from yesterday,not gf but pug toboro. fury drooped mainhand we roled ,some guy won,got loot ,but when i inspected him he had no mods in his mainhand,

People in this game go to strange lengths to got loot, forgetin they didn't solo killed boss,but that was team effort .

I keep pair of 63 mods in 66/69 gear on my sorc, because I want to keep the stat bonus :)

So, my experience...... guild EV HM run for the weekly, to get our newly 50-55 player acquainted with the ops runs, and to level up our alts a bit...sadly, not much people online in the guild at that moment, so we go for 2 pugs via general, and we get sage dps almost instantly, and commando healer, both from the same guild....all good, decent gear, sage has got almost 30k hp, and wears Karaggas hat proudly.....while we wait for people to come to Gav, sage asks how can he check his gear rating..... o.O moment...ok, we explain it to him (open char screen, hover over a piece of gear, look inside the brackets, etc....)..all good, we go inside, kill the first boss, no fuss, we roll for the drop and sage gets heavy armor str gear......ok, mistakes happen, we ask him politely why did he roll need on it, and if it was by mistake, can he give it to the players who can actually use the piece...he said he rolled greed on it, not need, and he passed it on....as it was a guild run, I was on voice chat with the rest of the guildies, and I know at least one of them rolled need on the item (we checked system entries a few moments later, he rolled need, so he lied)...we talk about it over voice chat, and we agreed if he roll one more need on a piece of gear (not mats, we don't make fuss about needing mats), we will kick him. Keep in mind he is almost 30k unbuffed, so any piece of gear that drops from EV is way below his current gear.....so, Gharj, no biggie, we get the boss down as fast as possible, loot screen pops out, sage rolls need on everything. As I was raid leader, insta kick/ignore. I get out to Fleet to get replacement, and there he is, in front of the instance entry, jumping around me, wanting to talk. So, I get him off the ignore list, and ask him why he needed.....he said he needs the gear for Nadia....ok, no problems mate, but you should have asked if you can roll need for companion, and show some manners that way...if you want back in, we are willing to let you finish the run with us, but loot will be set on ''Master Looter'', and if you agree, we can proceed......and here comes the enrage.......''oh, learn how to play, I don't need to explain myself to anyone, I roll what I want, you are all whimps, grow a pair and grow up'' :eek:

Back to ignore list, and this time for the entire guild.

Remember that we had that commando healer, from the same guild as sage? While this all was playing out he was silent, at least in ops chat, wasn't making a fuss, and he was willing to stay with us for the remainder of the run.....by his own admission, it was his first EV run, so we took it nice and slowly, and explained everything to him, he listened, and did some nice heals....in the end, he got a shiny new vehicle, and a tank that will be on his disposal when he needs me.

Now, I might have been a d*** myself, but if you are a pug on mostly guild run, imo its a good manner to ask before you roll need on something that is really way below your level.

Sorry for the long post, and for the mistakes...sadly, no potato ;)

Random GF to kill some time, Boarding Party pops, well geared 55 Operative healer and 55 Sniper (myself), lvl 52 Jugg tank with about 25k health and a lvl 50 Marauder with 14k health. Ok, I think, fresh 50, not a problem, we can easily carry him. 1st pull, Mara jumps in and dies, we complete pull with no dramas. 2nd pull exactly the same. 3rd pull and Mara has now taken off all armour and is down to 4k health. Various questions are raised and Mara claims he's done it because "he likes a challenge", healer says "don't be a d***, equip your armour or I won't heal you", Mara puts some armour back and says "there, 9k, that's plenty", last comment he saw before being unanimously vote kicked was tank saying "we think not"....

sometimes old low enhancements a better for min-max your stats

sometimes people do not have credits enough to rip off modes just now and here :-)