Best Sith Warrior Companion to romance?

MechaKaiserOmega

As a male, you have the two options you mentioned. If you want a mate who actually approves of you, you'll take Vette if you plan on going LS and Jaesa if you plan on going DS. If you're playing more neutral, you're going to end up making both/either of them cross with you repeatedly (Vette gets pissed any time you choose a DS option, and Jaesa gets pissed any time you choose a LS option), but it's nothing that companion gifts won't fix.

Female Warriors only get one option, Malavai Quinn. Take him or leave him. Fairly massive spoilers for Warrior story incoming; don't click if you care about being surprised.

While he *is* cute, after playing a female of every class and exploring the various romances, I would say Malavai is arguably the *worst* available (somewhat tied with Andronikus, the Inquisitor romance, for very difference reasons).

If you choose to romance Malavai, you will essentially spend levels 16-40 trying to flirt with a brick wall. You have many opportunities to flirt with him, but he responds to all of them by either completely ignoring your advances or else chiding you that you're being unprofessional. Then he suddenly out of *nowhere* decides that he wants to respond. Then he freakin' BETRAYS you and tries to KILL you because he's still secretly got a hard-on for Darth Baras. He fails, you say "eh, no big", he wants to marry you, and the "love letters" he sends you post-marriage are completely sterile, robotic statistics regarding reports on Sith vs. non-Sith marriages and child-rearing (nothing even remotely resembling love or romance, just a clinical, mechanical dissertation, as it were).

As a female player, throughout the entire romance I just got the feeling that he didn't care about me at all, that he was completely 100% gay for Darth Baras, and that he was only marrying me for my station and power. Not terribly romantic, if you ask me.

I found Vette to be the much more interesting companion/foil for my DS warrior. She has the funnier in game quips, she's not totally LS (or anti DS as the previous poster stated) and I most enjoyed the finale of the companion/quest arch as a DS warrior + "relationship" component.

She dislikes slavery (obvious) and random killing/brutality of "innocents" but she does not mind when you're ruthless towards other pompous sith, moffs or really anyone in a position of power with a chip on their shoulder. There are some DS affection gains and a few others that are merely -1 losses (mildly annoyed rather than "pissed"). I did "cheat" a couple of times and simply brought a different companion in if I really felt I wanted to take the DS option and not take a big hit. What she doesn't see won't bother her, right? :o

To have it work/make sense, I did take a few LS hits when dealing with her directly during her personal story arch. I looked at it this way, I'm a ruthless bastard to the whole galaxy but I need that one place to comfotable without fearing that my special someone will jam a spoon in my eye as I sleep. Vette is that someone, in my opinion. I treated her as an equal partner rather than a servant/slave from the very beginning and thought the whole thing wrapped up quite nicely. Plus I always like the "opposites attract" mo as well.

Jaesa is fine and dandy too, and obviously works well with a DS warrior, but the "rawr killem all" does get a bit stale after a while.

I've seen them both but Vette is by far my personal fav.

Edited by Ridickilis

Female Warriors only get one option, Malavai Quinn. Take him or leave him. Fairly massive spoilers for Warrior story incoming; don't click if you care about being surprised.

Female Warriors can also romance Lieutenant Pierce. He's probably a much better choice, anwyay. I'm 100% certain that Malavai Quinn is why they removed the ability to kill companions in beta.

Female Warriors can also romance Lieutenant Pierce.

Personally, I don't feel like this counts. When most people talk about companion romances specifically, they are referring to the companions that you can take all the way and marry. You only get a small handful of flirt options with Pierce which, at the most, culminate in a short fling and nothing else. I don't equate "one-night stand" with "romance", heh.

All these sorts of questions are a bit problematic, since it's always to up one's taste which companion romance is the best. Loads of people pretty much loathe Malavai Quinn, but if you ask me, he has the best male romance in the game. I have a soft spot for stoic people who are almost obsessed about their field of profession. I always found it pretty adorable how he first tries to make the warrior quit the [flirt]s by calling the behaviour unprofessional, but then understands that warrior isn't going to stop this unprofessionality and allows himself to respond to her advances. Then, when he finally falls in love with warrior, he seems to look at the relationship the way he looks at his work: everything should be at peak efficiency! :p This may feel a bit cold and clinical, but anything else would be out of character for him. He's very stoic when it comes to his personal life, and will never change.

For male warrior who is not "I murder puppies for fun"-kind of dark side user, I'd pick Vette. She's funny, cute and just a little crazy. I think every sith lord should have their own Vette: the sith tend to take themselves a bit too seriously and a cute little twi'lek occasionally telling them how weird they are would surely fix that problem. Works well for light side characters and dark side characters who still do show compassion to some people, or are willing to treat Vette as an exception and show her their softer side.

I haven't romanced Jaesa yet, but judging by her conversations with a female warrior, she'll be a perfect match for those who want to murder anything and everything. Pierce is really more of a one night stand / friends of benefits kind of arrangement, and I wouldn't call it a romance.

Edited by Seireeni

Jaesa is too creepy for me. Eww.

I had one conversation recently where she says she got drunk and screwed some random soldier and might have killed him. Then follows with, "but I want you". Ewww. I don't want some filthy ****. I really don't like how they handled the character. It's like a flip was switched and she went from Jedi to full blown sociopathic creepster. There was no character development at all to bring her to that point.

If I was the Sith Warrior I wouldn't be able to sleep with her on my ship. Have to have one eye open at all times.

Can't speak for LS Jaesa. I'd imagine she's decent enough.

Jaesa is too creepy for me. Eww.

I had one conversation recently where she says she got drunk and screwed some random soldier and might have killed him. Then follows with, "but I want you". Ewww. I don't want some filthy ****. I really don't like how they handled the character. It's like a flip was switched and she went from Jedi to full blown sociopathic creepster. There was no character development at all to bring her to that point.

If I was the Sith Warrior I wouldn't be able to sleep with her on my ship. Have to have one eye open at all times.

Can't speak for LS Jaesa. I'd imagine she's decent enough.

You can't romance LS Jaesa.

Female Warriors can also romance Lieutenant Pierce. He's probably a much better choice, anwyay. I'm 100% certain that Malavai Quinn is why they removed the ability to kill companions in beta.

Wish we could kill companions .. two I would kill in a heart beat are Malavai Quinn and Qizen from the Jedi Consular. Sheesh, that overgrown lizard annoys me. I got treek just so I wouldn't have to put up with him.

Wish we could kill companions .. two I would kill in a heart beat are Malavai Quinn and Qizen from the Jedi Consular. Sheesh, that overgrown lizard annoys me. I got treek just so I wouldn't have to put up with him.

You know nothing of "being saddled with a companion" until you put up with Kaliyo for about 25 levels.

not yo mention her companion questline reveals she's been selling information on you, imperial intelligence, and other companions to terrorists, makes no apologies for it, and if you're male, askes you to marry her next conversation. She managed to sink lower than Skadge for me.

(Vette gets pissed any time you choose a DS option, and Jaesa gets pissed any time you choose a LS option), but it's nothing that companion gifts won't fix.

Not at all of them. She approves when you're being a jerk to jerks.

DS Jaesa is much one dimensional than Vette though, and she does disapprove of every LS choice. AFAIK as I've seen at least. The Juggernaut that's teamed with her is mostly DS, so the only time a LS choice gets made is if I think the DS would be a bad tactical choice. :D

Harez Bant and that sneaky Alderaanian weasel that backstabs you on Alderaan are two instances where she actually approves of a Dark Side choice if I'm not mistaken.

All these sorts of questions are a bit problematic, since it's always to up one's taste which companion romance is the best. Loads of people pretty much loathe Malavai Quinn, but if you ask me, he has the best male romance in the game. I have a soft spot for stoic people who are almost obsessed about their field of profession. I always found it pretty adorable how he first tries to make the warrior quit the [flirt]s by calling the behaviour unprofessional, but then understands that warrior isn't going to stop this unprofessionality and allows himself to respond to her advances. Then, when he finally falls in love with warrior, he seems to look at the relationship the way he looks at his work: everything should be at peak efficiency! :p This may feel a bit cold and clinical, but anything else would be out of character for him. He's very stoic when it comes to his personal life, and will never change.

For male warrior who is not "I murder puppies for fun"-kind of dark side user, I'd pick Vette. She's funny, cute and just a little crazy. I think every sith lord should have their own Vette: the sith tend to take themselves a bit too seriously and a cute little twi'lek occasionally telling them how weird they are would surely fix that problem. Works well for light side characters and dark side characters who still do show compassion to some people, or are willing to treat Vette as an exception and show her their softer side.

I haven't romanced Jaesa yet, but judging by her conversations with a female warrior, she'll be a perfect match for those who want to murder anything and everything. Pierce is really more of a one night stand / friends of benefits kind of arrangement, and I wouldn't call it a romance.

That pretty much matches my views on them as well. Vette was my first Sith Warrior's choice, the second went with LS Jaesa (or is technically "single" since she's in the romance is bad camp)

but is still alright with giving the Warrior some Force gifted offspring :p

while the third went for DS Jaesa.

I still have to roll a female one to see Quinn's sometime... so many Warriors! :eek:

Edited by Callaron

I think others have summed up my opinion on Jaesa quite nicely. She's pretty one dimensional, and would in my opinion only complement an equally one dimensional warrior. If you pick every dark side choice for the sake of picking dark side points then you'll probably find Jaesa amusing.

If you play a character that occasionally shows compassion or restraint then even a dark side warrior can get along very nicely with Vette. I romanced her on two dark side warriors, whereas I find Jaesa repulsive and very poorly executed as a character. They just don't compare.

Vette is easy enough to please, you don't have to be light side or even neutral. If you aren't 'evil because shut up' you might really like Vette.

It would seem Vette is generally more popular than Jaesa. Honestly I love them both. They are night and day from each other with very different personalities. Vette is cute, funny, and quirky. She is very sweet, but with a bit of an edge to her. She will tolerate Dark side choices to a degree, but if your warrior is a psychotic murderer Vette isn't for you. See works well with a light side sith or as a balancing act to a lawful evil type.

Jaesa on the other hand oozes sex appeal, she is hot and dangerous yet somewhat psychotic, well ok she is ******* crazy. However she is hopelessly devoted to the warrior, and I found her loyalty to be quite endearing. For me it was a simple decision. I adored Vette, but I just really fell hard for Jaesa.

Quinn should definitely be killable.

He betrays you. Tries to get you killed? And he's a romance options for females?

It is story breaking that he can't be killed. Try to kill a Sith and the Sith just says, "eh, it's cool, bro." All they'd have to do is buff the droid once he's dead to replace him.

Edited by Dayshadow

Which of the female companions would u suggest, in terms of personality, ability, and anything else that they can do better?

After making a dark Jaesa, I would say don't do it! She is really over the top cartoony evil... a waist of an interesting path for Bio Ware to take with her character...

So Malavai is basically a male, Imperial, Dark Side flavored version of Elara (except keeping Elara happy removes most of the more interesting conversation choices for a LS trooper)?

Just got Malavai on my female DS Mara, he tends to get fidgety when my Mara flirts with him (and she is the "murder puppies for fun" type Sith). Thinking about making a LS Jugg to do the Vette romance (also probably the fastest/easiest way to max out a ranged dps companion for the buff without rolling a Pub and romancing a walking, talking cat haha).

You know nothing of "being saddled with a companion" until you put up with Kaliyo for about 25 levels.

I love Kaliyo, I rerolled a female agent to male just to romance her. :p Also like both DS Jaesse and Vette, they are both fun. The one companion I really want to push out of an airlock is Nadia Grell.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

@OP - I think Jaesa would be fun if you're playing a for fun super dark side playthrough. Maybe you could be some sort of twisted force sensitive Bonnie and Clyde. I admittedly didn't get far in dark side Jaesa's storyline because I just don't like the character. Perhaps, as others have said, she does have unexpectedly endearing qualities that make a romance more rewarding than beyond "lol we're such jerks". Which is probably plenty of reason for me to try a super dark side kitten puncher and use Jaesa as my puppy kicking companion. In fact, I think that'll be my next character.

Edited by eldefail

So Malavai is basically a male, Imperial, Dark Side flavored version of Elara (except keeping Elara happy removes most of the more interesting conversation choices for a LS trooper)?

Quinn isn't so much Dark Side as "For the Empire!" in all things. He'll happily watch you exterminate pesky Jedi as well as anyone who undermines Imperial authority, but he'll also strongly disapprove if you waste valuable resources (including people) by wantonly destroying them rather than putting them to good use.

I maxed out affection with Jaesa and Vette with my DS. You come to a point where they make you choose. That was pretty funny.

"I deserve to have you both!" :p

And what Vette referring to Jaesa as a piece of Alderaanian trash it felt very Jerry Springer to me.

Except that there was no fighting. And both chicks were hot. :cool:

Edited by Callaron

"I deserve to have you both!" :p

And what Vette referring to Jaesa as a piece of Alderaanian trash it felt very Jerry Springer to me.

Except that there was no fighting. And both chicks were hot. :cool:

Liara and Ashley all over again.

My Dark 5 Marauder even thinks that DS Jaesa is a bit over the top in the "eating puppies and bathing in their blood" area, and Mara just murdered someone for their "worthless trinket" because she was tired of running errands.

Personally, I love Quinn (and Vector Hyllus as well) and I thought his romance was so very adorably awkward :o

My Dark 5 Marauder even thinks that DS Jaesa is a bit over the top in the "eating puppies and bathing in their blood" area, and Mara just murdered someone for their "worthless trinket" because she was tired of running errands.

Personally, I love Quinn (and Vector Hyllus as well) and I thought his romance was so very adorably awkward :o

I really like Quinn, too. Wish he was an SGR options :D