game resolution is not compatible, need to change pregame launch but where?

mmierop

I have a similar problem, I was in the two last beta tests and had no problems with screen resolution, but now I'm stuck at 1024x768 and i can't change it, the screen goes black before I can press the "Keep Changes" button. It's driving me insane. :mad: Edited by Vonpanzer

Once you select a new resolution and the screen goes blank.. hit enter (this is like clicking the accept button you cannot see.. it will keep the setting..

If you have a resolution that does not work, the only way I know about fixing it is editing an .ini file mentioned above...

Edited by SoahcEnoz

my normal screen resolution is 1024x768...how does this not work with the game?

i set the ini file to windowed mode and went to the ingame settings to try to fix it there...... now it seems that the game doesnt even check the ini file....... so whats the point of it? seriously....i have the ini file set to windowed mode and its going full screen

I have the same issue. My computer requires longer to load the resolution settings than the game gives you time to click the button. I have tried press entre however the game is Not respondeding and will not until the computer finishes loading the new res.. this is normal for my unit.

I was using 1600x900 with High grahpic and could play but with lowish fps... I change to 1280x720 and still the FPS was not good. I change to low graphics and bingo! normal FPS now.. I want to move back to 1600x900 with low graphics and I can't...

I know it can run it as I started with 1600x900 with High graphics and could play!

I have tried to change the ini however as said above the game paids no attention to this. my game setting are 1280x720 but the default.ini file had other setting.

If this is the default maybe we need to change the custom version?

The game looks really bad now :(

The per-user settings file is in your AppData directory, which is normally hidden, so you'll need to first of all change the setting in windows to show hidden files and folders if you don't have that set already. Where the directory is depends on what operating system you're running. For windows 7 (and probably Vista too), it's in

\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\client_settings.ini

Same file as the one in the SWTOR program directory, just that one is per user and overrides the default one.

On XP it's in a slightly different place, and unfortunately (or fortunately, as the case may be), I don't have an XP machine handy any more to check. I think it's under \Documents and Settings\<username>\AppData..., but don't quote me on that.

Edited by Nareese

• 4 months later...