Cartel Market Items | Allow players to choose at least 1 item in the pack

VIEWFINDER

Hi SWTOR Team,

As a casual player, I have to make sure that I get the most out of the money I am spending in a game. I have been a subscriber for years now but I have not invested in Cartel Market Packs only because there is no guarantee of equivalent return. Often, players only want 1 - 2 items in a pack and don't want to spend on 2 - 3 x 26 packs.

Personally, and I am thinking this would be true for some other players, I wouldn't mind spending that money if players will be allowed to select 1 item in that pack; subsequently, selling unwanted items on the GTN would probably be easy ~ it's something that I haven't tried yet. For now, and as hard as it is, I patiently wait for items to become available on direct sale.

Another idea that could work is to have all packs contain one token that can be used to buy certain items from the pack. Platinum items would probably cost 25 tokens, which is about the same amount of packs in a hypercrate. This could be a better alternative to Cartel Reputation items. All tokens will be differ from each pack.

As nice as the idea is, it would just end up costing them money.

Many players who purchase hypercrates will buy 3 or 4 of them. With the changes suggested you'd find a lot of those players would cut down from 3/4 to a single one, get the item they personally want and be done with it. The company would lose money because Crates are not designed as an investment, but a lottery. The randomness is the way to profit not allowing people to spend exactly what they need with no randomness involved at all.

Wasn't this done in the past the token idea with cartel market certificates

Probably. And there was the "Platinum Pack" that was there for a while shortly before 4.0 came out. It was in each hypercrate, and it dropped one random item that was guaranteed to be a gold-rarity object from the hypercrate's drop list. (At the time there was no "platinum" rarity.)

There were complaints about that, as well. People actually complained that their platinum packs didn't give them the gold item they wanted.