No More Melee

Victros

At 30 I still use my lightsaber when I'm in close range and in-between cooldowns. Once I get Madness (removes cooldown on Force Lightning), I'll probably stop using my saber. I'd have Madness already but I decided to get Chain Lightning first to give me an AoE option for packs.

Here's some advice that you can take or leave: never stop using your melee attacks.

Sorc is a great class, but bolt after bolt after bolt can wear you down. I mix in a couple of LS strikes just to mix things up. It may not be the best use of a GCD, but I enjoy the class now as much as I ever did.

As soon as you get Force Lightning and Lightning Strike you'll mostly not use the saber for much DPS.

I use the saber once in a great while to spice things up if I happen to be in melee range (after a Tumult or something) or if I happen to be really low on Force and can't use Consumption.

Based on the above, what is a good starting rotation at level 12? Only have 3 shock abilities and can't seem to decide which order works best. Might as well get the basics down...

Send in Khem, wait for him to attack, then I'd start with Lightning Strike since it has a cast time, then Force Lightning then end with a Shock if it's still alive. Pretty easy at that level.