More Evidence of Genocide

Darth_Zev

Spoiler Alert for those who haven't gotten to the Foundry Empire Flashpoint yet!

More Evidence that the Jedi are guilty of Genocide and flat out encourage it when it comes to the Sith (species) at least.

In the Foundry their is a point were you get to communicate with HK-47, according to him the droids he's commanding have been given orders to kill anyone with Sith (species) ancestry in them regardless of how watered down it is or, even that persons alignment. HK goes on to state that his Massacre would include 97% of the Empire.

This is nothing less than the definition of Genocide and yet Revan and his Jedi allies don't have a problem with it

This along with Timeline #12: The Great Hyperspace War shows their is a double standard in the Republic and Jedi when it comes to the Sith (species)

How do the Jedi justify being the ultimate image of good and righteousness in the Galaxy and still support the extermination of Billions, perhaps Trillions (I'm not sure how many people is 97% of the Empire is) ?

Edited by Darth_Zev

Spoiler Alert for those who haven't gotten to the Foundry Empire Flashpoint yet!

More Evidence that the Jedi are guilty of Genocide and flat out encourage it when it comes to the Sith (species) at least.

In the Foundry their is a point were you get to communicate with HK-47, according to him the droids he's commanding have been given orders to kill anyone with Sith (species) ancestry in them regardless of how watered down it is or, even that persons alignment. HK goes on to state that his Massacre would include 97% of the Empire.

This is nothing less than the definition of Genocide and yet Revan and his Jedi allies don't have a problem with it

This along with Timeline #12: The Great Hyperspace War shows their is a double standard in the Republic and Jedi when it comes to the Sith (species)

How do the Jedi justify being the ultimate image of good and righteousness in the Galaxy and still support the extermination of Billions, perhaps Trillions (I'm not sure how many people is 97% of the Empire is) ?

Jedi is Justice and Justice isn't necessarily good all the time.

Jedi is Justice and Justice isn't necessarily good all the time.

The Jedi act like their Justice, but when did Justice become Genocide is the question.

I still don't see how anyone can justify the death of an entire species and claim it to be Justice.

The Jedi act like their Justice, but when did Justice become Genocide is the question.

I still don't see how anyone can justify the death of an entire species and claim it to be Justice.

Justice is a very opinionated word.

Lets say we live in SW. There is a species that is born to be evil and cannot be turned to the Light. And every famous member of their species was evil and they abolished planets and invaded/conquered others.

For the Sith Species, its very similar to spartans. Your either evil and you join your fellow race or you die by your own kind's hand.

The Sith want to exterminate the Jedi/Republic (and have tried many times in the past before this war) just as much as the Jedi want to exterminate the Sith, because they're butthurt over the fact that they lost the previous wars.

The Jedi want to exterminate the Sith Empire, who have oh, I don't know, murdered countless civilians, bombed and desecrated Coruscant....attempted to destroy their homeplanet...in the JK storyline the Sith Empire destroy an entire planet full of innocent farming civilians for the lulz.. It doesn't help that every Sith is a slave to probably one of the most evil beings in SW history (who, If you didn't know, has the ultimate goal of exterminating all life in the universe, that includes everybody in The Empire)

Seems pretty fair to me. Also, what do you think The Empire are going to use the foundry for? Making protocol droids?

Edited by Romick

Think about it. Let's say that yes, the Jedi support genocide. Would you rather have a massively powerful group striving toward evil domination and killing EVERYTHING in their way, or a massively powerful group striving toward killing the other massively powerful force to protect everyone else? I would say that it is the lesser of two evils, at least.

...Is there any evidence other than what HK-47 says that the Republic/Jedi want to exterminate the entire Sith Species?

I mean, taking HK, "'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope," 47 perfectly literally when he's talking about genocide seems... a little far fetched.

Revan has always been a well intentioned extremist. He has the right intentions, but he goes ab-so-lutely nuts trying to implement them. I mean, take any Trooper who's friendly with Elara; if I'm reading what HK said right, even she'd be a target for the droids because she probably has some actual Sith species somewhere up the bloodline (you can't have a primarily human Empire with what, 98% of your people with Sith descent unless it phases out really fast).

As for the Great Hyperspace War; can't comment, but Revan at least was always the guy who was willing to do what it took. A bit like Anakin, in a sense, falling towards the Dark Side because he's trying to protect something. The Foundary was Revan's initiative, and I'd bet my Vanguard's shielding that Garza was the one who set him up with all that Republic support; she's definitely in the 'extreme' camp as far as fighting the Sith is concerned.

The fact that Republic players don't get a hint that he's going to go do this is a sad thing, as I think a version of the Foundry would be an epic piece for the Republic players: Do they support this effort which throws the morals of the Republic and will cause more civilian casualties than the Empire has caused, probably, or go with him in hopes that it'll save countless more? Plus, it'd be the one time likely that the Light Side option would be to pistol whip/saber bonk someone in that scenario.

Revan has always been a well intentioned extremist. He has the right intentions, but he goes ab-so-lutely nuts trying to implement them. I mean, take any Trooper who's friendly with Elara; if I'm reading what HK said right, even she'd be a target for the droids because she probably has some actual Sith species somewhere up the bloodline (you can't have a primarily human Empire with what, 98% of your people with Sith descent unless it phases out really fast).

As for the Great Hyperspace War; can't comment, but Revan at least was always the guy who was willing to do what it took. A bit like Anakin, in a sense, falling towards the Dark Side because he's trying to protect something. The Foundary was Revan's initiative, and I'd bet my Vanguard's shielding that Garza was the one who set him up with all that Republic support; she's definitely in the 'extreme' camp as far as fighting the Sith is concerned.

The fact that Republic players don't get a hint that he's going to go do this is a sad thing, as I think a version of the Foundry would be an epic piece for the Republic players: Do they support this effort which throws the morals of the Republic and will cause more civilian casualties than the Empire has caused, probably, or go with him in hopes that it'll save countless more? Plus, it'd be the one time likely that the Light Side option would be to pistol whip/saber bonk someone in that scenario.

It would be a good dark side/ light side choice for Republic players on whether to or not help Revan's genocide.

Admittedly I to was surprised that such a large percent of the Sith Empire still had any traces of Sith blood in them (although most of the empire is Human, their are a few Aliens in the Empire that should at least make up more than 5 percent of the total population). I mean the Sith Purebloods are supposed to be near extinct at this point. In a weird way that sort of gives me hope that later on things that are extinct may be able to return to the world.

I mostly play on the Empire side, but regardless of in game or out of game I always considered Genocide to be an unforgivable crime. I suppose this foundry flashpoint just struck a cord at the time and I over reacted. :o