DPS operatives gone from Warzones?

tatatan

Hi,

is it just me, or someone else noticed that?

I did *not* meet DPS operative in WZ past week (maybe even more). How did i notice? I started to play Juggernaut for story and as i was doing it i also did couple of warzones - specifically paying attention for people to guard.

I noticed there is no DPS operatives - simply none (i met couple of scoundrels though).

As i noticed this, i said, heck and logged my Lethality Op. I noticed people even forgotten to cleanse my dots ... i've been killing marauders left and right with Cull because of this.

This is really said, ppl dont even know how to play against Lethality Op, since there is none left.

My latest warzones were like "glowstick fest" Maras, Juggs, (with Sorc or Operative heals) against Rep counterparts.

I'm already tired of this uniformity where 90% wz is Sith warriors and Sith inquisitors with here and there some BHs, some heal Ops (enough snipers though) and no DPS Ops.

Anyone else noticed?

My DPS concealment operative is always in WZ's and I noticed recently that there are always 2-3 other mixed dps spec ops in there. Not sure, maybe they are more popluar on my server, I do quite well with him though. I think the abilities are not as straightfoward as some other classes and dps specs so you see a lot of weird hybrid specs out there and they just dont work against most others in WZ's. Im in the process of building a straight pvp concealment spec, I feel when I get the rotation down and have the right gear he will be competitive.

It's because Concealment Operatives are gimped. Shorter range than any other AC in the game, with all of their poisons (their main damage) being cleansed in one GCD. They are good (in the right hands) at taking out Sorcs/Sages and annoying Maras/Sents. Other than that, they might as well carry a neon sign over them saying Free Kill. A smart Madness Sorc will DoT them up and kite them with Creeping Terror. They pop stealth in combat? AoE them right back out and re-DoT them. Juggs/Guardians using the equivalent Smash specs will just faceroll the crap out of Concealment Ops, and of course Troopers are their biggest QQ, having the easiest time killing them of any class.

now I've been looking for this, even though not in WZs, but in HM FPs... in the last 5 days or so I've only ran into 1! DPS operative.

I dont even try to run HM FPs with my Lethality Op. My ego hurt awhile ago being group kicked and replaced with Marauder. LOL :D Instead, i go with my Sniper and i'm fine.

As for Warzones, yes, i meet from time to time some Concealment DPS. But, I have to say, I cant recall in last month that i met Lethality DPS operative (except myself).

Lots Lethality Snipers, but none Ops. This is almost embarrassing, but no surprise. My Lethality Op is full Warhero geared, i can stand my ground, but against good group with Juggernauts etc, i'm thrown / pulled / CCed arnound like ragdoll, which is annoying especially in Huttball, where being thrown from catwalk means i'm out of play for at least 15-20 sec 'sliming' my way back to fight (thanks to my poison dots keeping me in fight) ... :rolleyes:

Its because the other AC's is going heroic in Warzones and doing what an DPS Operative should, go solo attack a node and stuff.

Admit it theres not much we can do in in the middle of a cluster fùck (Leth lasts longer than Conceal in big fights tho)

Been PvPing on my operative extensively in PvP and LFG.

For the past 2 weeks about 120-140 WZs (I do 8 to 10 WZ a day), I have met 3 DPS Operative/Scoundrels. This is 1 Operative and 2 Scoundrels. fyi the DPS operative is me.

There are still PLENTY of DPS mercs and commandos however. DPS operatives are simply pretty dead.

I do 1 HM FP a day for the BH comms. For the past 2 weeks I have yet to see another dps operative other than myself tons of operative healers however.

Been PvPing on my operative extensively in PvP and LFG.

For the past 2 weeks about 120-140 WZs (I do 8 to 10 WZ a day), I have met 3 DPS Operative/Scoundrels. This is 1 Operative and 2 Scoundrels. fyi the DPS operative is me.

There are still PLENTY of DPS mercs and commandos however. DPS operatives are simply pretty dead.

I do 1 HM FP a day for the BH comms. For the past 2 weeks I have yet to see another dps operative other than myself tons of operative healers however.

There's a least one DPS operative/scoundrel in half my warzones. Unfortunately. They take malicious pleasure in killing me, I'm sure.

There's a least one DPS operative/scoundrel in half my warzones. Unfortunately. They take malicious pleasure in killing me, I'm sure.

Dear striingcat,

On behalf of the Brotherhod of Ops and Scoundrels, yes, yes we do. You personally. It's the best kind of pleasure.

What's that sound behind you?

Edited by Wainamoinen

Operative is a monstrous and very unpleasant DPS, if its played right, so stop whining etc...

This is a video of my lethality op :)

pathetic video of killing some recruits just standing there, i just wander, if they were actually afk ...

Pretty much dead. I do see dps operatives in wz's but for a lot of teams, they would rather have a healer op. Healer ops just provide so much more now. DPS operatives are a slow and dying breed. Sure, there are active and good ones but there's been nothing major happening to buff op classes. I think it's about fine time ops are given a little boost. Afterall, dps ops have been pretty much gimped since 1.2. I love my operative but it does get frustrating when patch after patch, nothing significant comes of it for the operative. Just my humble 2 cents.

I'm playing a Lethality Ops right now, and I have a lot of fun generally in the WZ's. I'm a new player, but not new to competetive PVP.

I seem to be reasonably effective in the WZ's, but the biggest issue I'm having is not having a gap closer or at least something more effective I can use at range without cover to take down runners.

EDIT: The use of poisons is one of the main reasons for this, as if I get knocked off a ledge or somesuch, I'm in combat for quite a while longer, and thus running slower. A sprint or a gap closer would be superb.

As an example, I'm fairly good at kiting so I have managed fairly well to take down a lot of the marauders and juggs and what not that I've run across with strafe circling and sever tendon and poisons, etc...but a lot of times people seem to be able to start getting away and I can't finish them off.

Bear in mind this is 1-49 PVP so I have no idea how it's going to be come rated WZ's and organized teams.

I played a sniper at first, then decided to try Operative and have loved it. Feels more visceral, certainly has a higher skill curve, and can be effective enough it seems as long as you make good use of your skills.

I can't survive any kind of focus for very long at all, but it was a lot like rogue/feral druid in WoW. Can be a powerhouse but fairly squishy.

Edited by Laethius

Once again, stop whining about dps operatives, and LEARN to play them :)

Only guy whining here's you. You whine loud enough, in hopes someone notes your l33t skills. Take it easy dude, noone care.

This is not a thread about how good you are on your op, but about theirs scarcity in warzones, particularly DPS ops. There is enough op healers. Obviously.

Yea I hate to say it but Concealment is dead. I for one who is a DPS Op "Concealment" find it very hard in PVP to even stay alive long enough to get kills. By the time i open up with Hidden Strike I would already have 2-3 Juggs leaping to me. And Yes as Concealment we Def haven't had a damn update on our skills to even make it fun anymore to be Concealment. What Bioware is thinking is beyond me. Even with WH gear i drop like a bad habit. Something really needs to be done with this spec or else whats the point of being concealment. Sure having the new talent Ghost is kinda fun but it makes no Big Impact what so ever to compensate our DPS. I for one am still trying to keep my hopes up on a future update but am slowly loosing the will to even play it anymore. Edited by Dracadian

Yea I hate to say it but Concealment is dead. I for one who is a DPS Op "Concealment" find it very hard in PVP to even stay alive long enough to get kills. By the time i open up with Hidden Strike I would already have 2-3 Juggs leaping to me. And Yes as Concealment we Def haven't had a damn update on our skills to even make it fun anymore to be Concealment. What Bioware is thinking is beyond me. Even with WH gear i drop like a bad habit. Something really needs to be done with this spec or else whats the point of being concealment. Sure having the new talent Ghost is kinda fun but it makes no Big Impact what so ever to compensate our DPS. I for one am still trying to keep my hopes up on a future update but am slowly loosing the will to even play it anymore.

The only true defense CD operative have is 3 second evasion that doesnt even work against LoLSmash since those are force attacks.

Also Operative is THE one and only melee AC in the entire game of SWTOR that doesnt get a 30% AoE damage reduction talent as well.

But hey you get to run faster at 50% bonus speed for 6 seconds now...

Actually DPS operatives probably should be thankful that 1.4 is the very 1st major patch in the entire history of SWTOR that didnt nerf them directly.

Edited by warultima

The only true defense CD operative have is 3 second evasion that doesnt even work against LoLSmash since those are force attacks.

Also Operative is THE one and only melee AC in the entire game of SWTOR that doesnt get a 30% AoE damage reduction talent as well.

But hey you get to run faster at 50% bonus speed for 6 seconds now...

Actually DPS operatives probably should be thankful that 1.4 is the very 1st major patch in the entire history of SWTOR that didnt nerf them directly.

At least 1.4 saw a nerf to some AOE, not lolsmash, but some.

Once again, stop whining about dps operatives, and LEARN to play them :)

I completely agree, we are deadly as hell in the right hands. I don't have any trouble personally taking anybody, except an OP vanguard or lately nice seen some *extremelwy* well-played PDs sages (like top 1%) of their tier, most are a breeze.

However, the skill required to be successful is mug higher at this point in time, which is why you just don't see a lot of us. I'd rather not go back to the days where ppl cried about us double-HS them to death, but it really is being too neglected.

Especially when I have to pull out all the stops to get 500-600k a game and even just a casual vanguard or fairly good sage can pull 800k+ and still have the time to type out nasty comments while *Charlie Sheen* "Winning!".

Again, don't have any problems on mine, but class balance is hardly being addressed and Concealment Ops are OBVIOUSLY being neglected. Hi'de did have a good post on another threa that we are deadly in the right hands, but we're an easy target to those who still need to L2P or even gear up.

Edited by randiesel

Well unfortunately, and don't get me wrong I still love playing my Op and think they're awesome DPS, we don't have the DPS that we should have. There are Juggs and Maras that hit 5-7k crits with one AoE and people used to complain about our Hidden Strike hitting 4-5k. And you know what the worst part is? They keep buffing warriors and nerfing Ops so basically they're taking away our DPS and giving it to classes that don't necessarily need it because of their survivability. Not to mention the fact that our biggest nerf happened before they seperated 50s from lowbie PvP so the nerf was kind of skewed and uncalled for. Something needs to change in that equation. Edited by Vykran

I completely agree, we are deadly as hell in the right hands. I don't have any trouble personally taking anybody, except an OP vanguard or lately nice seen some *extremelwy* well-played PDs sages (like top 1%) of their tier, most are a breeze.

However, the skill required to be successful is mug higher at this point in time, which is why you just don't see a lot of us. I'd rather not go back to the days where ppl cried about us double-HS them to death, but it really is being too neglected.

Especially when I have to pull out all the stops to get 500-600k a game and even just a casual vanguard or fairly good sage can pull 800k+ and still have the time to type out nasty comments while *Charlie Sheen* "Winning!".

Again, don't have any problems on mine, but class balance is hardly being addressed and Concealment Ops are OBVIOUSLY being neglected. Hi'de did have a good post on another threa that we are deadly in the right hands, but we're an easy target to those who still need to L2P or even gear up.

Noone's whining you morons.

Go back to my post and read it. I just pointed out that that to meet DPS op is rarity. Maybe not the concealments lately, as they try the new things that got in last patch.

I'm fed up with you selfcentered e-egos.

I'm doing fine, fine, yeah, baby, yeah, L2P u newb!!!

Did you note in my post talking about *myself* how i do in warzones? No. I talked about COMMUNITY. But it'd take prolly great deal of you're brain capacity to stop think about yourself for while and think about others for change.

Now You stop whining about how *YOU* do fine. *No**one**care*.

Go and make your own "I'm doing fine" thread, post there your videos from ranked WZs, just like the 'Justbody' did and you'll have my respect.