Benevolence vs Deliverance

scraycroft

Can someone reassure me on my reasoning that there is no situation where I would rather cast Benevolence over Deliverance? I'm lvl 39 so I might be missing something, but I don't see why I wouldn't rather use the extra 6 force required to cast a heal that hits twice as hard. Maybe it has something to do with Conveyance (I don't have skills into that yet as I am hybrid heals/TK so I can solo quest without it taking forever), but even with Conveyance it seems the benefit to Deliverance is still better than the 60% crit chance it adds to Benevolence. Can someone confirm that I am not crazy? My only notion is maybe using Benevolence when I think my target will die before I can get a Deliverance cast off, but in those situations I would rather insta-cast force armor and rejuv on my target followed by a Deliverance assuming they aren't on CD. Benevolence just seems so inefficient and worthless in 99% of situations. I don't even have it on my hotbar anymore.

Can someone put this noobs mind to rest and confirm what I've deducted? And I'm sorry if this has been discussed many times before.

Oh ****! Is the only instance i can think of where it would be better. Or you feel like being suicidal and killing your force. Then by all means, benevolence away :D

Rejuv+Healing Trance will be your best single target heal when you spec it tho, so don't become too reliant on deliverance

I can confirm that Benevolence isn't necessary in PvE, it is however a much more useful cast in PvP WZ's.

If you're losing ground healing in PvE - the best solution is regular us of this...

Rejuvenate>Force Potency>Deliverance>Deliverance

If that isn't enough you can resort to an alacrity relic + deliverance ~or~ a power relic and HT/Salvation to keep you caught up.

But, If you're geared for the content you're attempting/ using Force Armor & rejuvenate properly, you really won't find yourself in a situation where you need to cast Benevolence.

I'll offer some perspective for 50 endgame:

1. Benevolence is hellishly inefficient and does underwhelming healing even with Conveyance. More to the point, you'll never use it with Conveyance because Salvation and Healing Trance are always far superior uses of the proc.

2. Yes, it's faster, but for it to be the "correct" choice you have to meet the following conditions:

>> The target will die in <2.3s, and your other healer won't/can't prevent it.

>> Healing Trance is on cooldown.

>> The target has Force Imbalanced and it won't drop off before death.

>> Given that you won't have Conveyance up, you're gambling that a ~3k+ heal will save the tank, or otherwise you better hope he takes no more than ~1.7k

• 3 months later...

I dunno, in heavy fire situations I feel like I "fall behind" healing in PvE if I use Deliverance too much. Granted I have neither Salvation nor Healing Trance yet (too low level), but it feels like the extra time I spend casting means that I then have to play "catch up" on whoever I wasn't healing that second -- be that the tank if DPS took damage or vice versa. I always bubble before heal, of course, but in any situation where the fight isn't going exactly as planned, Deliverance feels like a liability after a cast or two. Sincere question, does nobody else run into this problem? Am I doing it wrong? I rarely have anybody die on me in FPs (unless to something beyond my control, like standing in the fire), but.

In PvP of course speed is often necessary so I end up using Deliverance even less.

EDIT: OK, just got Conveyance and I can see why it's worthwhile because it now costs WAY less. Oh what a difference a couple of talent points make. :)

Edited by Sarielle