Item Mod station not working?

MasterDarvon

I tried to modify my arbiters double bladed lightsaber. (You consular's would know about this item) but when I select it for modification, it turns up blank. When I manually put the saber in the slot it does nothing. I don't know if its a bug or what, but its really annoying because I bought a bunch of really nice mods for it :(

I tried to modify my arbiters double bladed lightsaber. (You consular's would know about this item) but when I select it for modification, it turns up blank. When I manually put the saber in the slot it does nothing. I don't know if its a bug or what, but its really annoying because I bought a bunch of really nice mods for it :(

BTW, you don't need the Mod stations for this. You can modify items anywhere by using CTRL-RIGHT Click on the item.

So you find the item on your character sheet or inventory, put the cursor over the item, press CTRL-RIGHT Click, and the item window that pops up has no weapon mods in it, and you can't add any mods to the empty slots?

Is this only happening with one particular lightsaber, or on other lightsabers and customizable armors as well?

Edited by Kubernetic

1. You don't ever have to use mod stations. Any modifiable gear can be modded anywhere. Just CTRL and Right click

2. Are you sure you're you are trying to mod an actual custom item that can be modified, and not some unmodiable item?

"Orange" (refering to the color of the text that the name of the item is written with, not item itself) can be modded (with few exception there are non-orange that can be modded too, but most can't)

Hey I'm a dope when it comes to mod stations. Could you tell me the benefits of using a mod station? I thought it would cost less or nothing at all to take out mods from your gear. Turns out I was wrong on that one. Are there only certain items you can create at a mod station? What gives?

At the moment it looks to me like there is no reason to use them at all, as you can mod items anywhere and have not any benefit from using them.

So nothing for now, but maybe in future...

The game developers have somewhere hinted that they may have plans for them regarding something that will be added in future patches to the game.

Hey I'm a dope when it comes to mod stations. Could you tell me the benefits of using a mod station? I thought it would cost less or nothing at all to take out mods from your gear. Turns out I was wrong on that one. Are there only certain items you can create at a mod station? What gives?

It's just the old version of what modding used to be. They just didn't bother to take them out because, well frankly, they are freaking everywhere and it would take a long time to remove them with no real benefit.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

1. You don't ever have to use mod stations. Any modifiable gear can be modded anywhere. Just CTRL and Right click

2. Are you sure you're you are trying to mod an actual custom item that can be modified, and not some unmodiable item?

"Orange" (refering to the color of the text that the name of the item is written with, not item itself) can be modded (with few exception there are non-orange that can be modded too, but most can't)

well look at that I'm already a proven loser when it comes to gaming and what-not! :D

That is good to know about the modifying. Its only happening with this one lightsaber. And I recall it had a green outline so no its not orange but I modified it only a few weeks ago.

well look at that I'm already a proven loser when it comes to gaming and what-not! :D

That is good to know about the modifying. Its only happening with this one lightsaber. And I recall it had a green outline so no its not orange but I modified it only a few weeks ago.

We're all newbies at one point!

Stickied to the top of this forum is the New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources, which has a lot of awesome resources, such as Goshee's Guide: Newcomers. Don't worry about the "New Players" and "Newcomers" in the titles - these are great resources for seasoned players, as well!

Hope that helps :)

Should you still have questions, please ask! We have a fantastic and helpful community who'll be happy to find answers for you!

There are OCCASIONAL items you will come across, I'm not sure if they are greens, but they can be blues and purples, that will have an Augment slot or Mod and Enhancement slots. But you will notice (when you see one again) that they look different in the stat window that pops up than a normal item.

These items can also be modified (so that you can switch in and out the Augment, Mod and Enhancement units), but cannot be completely modified like an orange item.

Orange items can enhance their damage (for weapons) and defense factors (for armor) by adding in new barrels (guns) or hilts (sabers), or armoring, respectively.

Other items like the blues and purples that can be modified will not ever enhance their damage or armoring, only the bonus stats for the items.

Hope this helps and clears it up a little bit.

And I recall it had a green outline so no its not orange but I modified it only a few weeks ago.

I sincerely doubt that your recollection here is accurate. The only green items I've seen at low level that are moddable are companion weapons and droid components.

If you like the idea of modding gear, it's probably a good idea to look for the lightsabre that you were given at the time you chose your AC. That's orange and fully moddable. Effectively you don't need another weapon at least til endgame. Just keep that one up to date with Commendation-bought modules. Hopefully you didn't vendor that sabre.

I dont think anyone mentioned it...

But mod stations are part if a quest on the starter world. In the starter zone every class will get their first orange moddable weapon as a quest reward, and usually with a mod that comes with it which you may have to equip yourself. The quest will tell you to activate the lore object for modding stations. Upon completion of this quest you get an enhancement as a reward. Good for some minor XP and a free enhancement.

The exception to this is the trooper. I have done a handful of troopers and either i missed a quest guy somewhere, or troopers are bugged. Once i get my troopers orange weapon i don't get a follow on mission to see the lore object for modding stations.

I sincerely doubt that your recollection here is accurate. The only green items I've seen at low level that are moddable are companion weapons and droid components.

If you like the idea of modding gear, it's probably a good idea to look for the lightsabre that you were given at the time you chose your AC. That's orange and fully moddable. Effectively you don't need another weapon at least til endgame. Just keep that one up to date with Commendation-bought modules. Hopefully you didn't vendor that sabre.

No still have my first saber but the stats even with my latest upgrade is far more inferior to my current Saber

No still have my first saber but the stats even with my latest upgrade is far more inferior to my current Saber

Then you need to do a combination of:

Find higher level upgrades to mod into your orange "chassis".

Find more upgrades for all of the moddable components (Hilt, Mod, Enhancement and Crystal).

A moddable item with blue mods is just a touch better than a blue item that needs the same level to use, which is as good as a green 4-5 levels higher. The best way of getting enough mods to fill orange armour and weapons for both you and your Companion with "current" blue mods is to take Commendation rewards as often as they pop and have Alts or friends with relevant crafting skills.

• 1 month later...