Aaaaaand queues are back!

Bob_Ta-aar

First, let me thank you, BW, for taking the server-populations-problem so seriously and making transfers available so quickly. I forgot how nice it is to play on a well populated server, SWTOR is so much mor fun now again :)!

I think you overdid it a little bit with a few servers. You moved most players to the few servers that already got a healthy population, overcrowding them quiet a bit now. Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU) is already up to a 25min queue (and the Euro 2012 is still going on, there will be even more players in two weeks). I'd strongly suggest you give this some though.

I'm still queuing, so far I am at 24 minutes. Yes I commend Bioware for merging servers, I don't however commend them on cramming everyone onto the already most popular server in the EU causing not only queues for logging on but also causing truck loads of lag on the server. The already glitchy lagging server is now even more glitchy and laggy!!!

Spreading users around, might have been a better choice.

Dude stop qq and be thankful for 1 time if u don't like the wait time just reroll on a medium server.

BTW bw is planning mega servers so be patient and wait till the transfers are over and we'll see what happens

There are a lot of people just logging in to get their characters transferred. Some people who may not have been logging much. I don't expect you'll see it this overloaded at the end of the week, especially if they raise the cap again.

I'm really disappointed the way this repopulation transfer been handled. You normally don't encourage customers to get to a point where they can no longer remain a customer( Why pay for something you can't use? The queues are inexcusable). If this is an example of planning with the customer in mind I only see problems ahead for the SWTOR community. If this doesn't clear up by the end of the week as previously (and hopefully) reported, I may bite the bullet and go elswhere. NOT my preferred choice but it beats twiddling my thumbs while they wonder why they didn't count the number of customers transferred!

I totally agree with the post below. A server with more people is nice, but now I can't play at all due to the very long queues on The Harbinger. Somebody was a little too aggressive with the server consolidation. Can't Bioware find a middle ground somewhere? :mad:

I'm really disappointed the way this repopulation transfer been handled. You normally don't encourage customers to get to a point where they can no longer remain a customer( Why pay for something you can't use? The queues are inexcusable). If this is an example of planning with the customer in mind I only see problems ahead for the SWTOR community. If this doesn't clear up by the end of the week as previously (and hopefully) reported, I may bite the bullet and go elswhere. NOT my preferred choice but it beats twiddling my thumbs while they wonder why they didn't count the number of customers transferred!

I agree with all the sentiments here and just want to add my voice: THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

I welcomed the idea of voluntarily combining some servers and have been pleased with the thriving community and GTN on The Harbinger, but I'm shocked to find I have to wait in queue. With transfers being something you can actively control , and what I assume were careful decisions made about which servers would transfer to which, this should have been avoided. Its simple math. This is the equivalent of airlines overbooking flights, and it will have the same affect that phenomenon has had: it will mean you will lose people.

The people that are transferring their characters are your most invested subscribers. They've uprooted themselves to make the game better. If you reward your most committed customers with new special lines that make them wait 20 minutes to play a game they used to play instantly, you will LOSE them. There's no queues on Diablo III right now, I'll tell you that. Blizzard learned that lesson.

You need to fix this. Right frikking now.

I played on both Jedi Covenant and Drooga's Pleasure Barge tonight. Both were a big red FULL when I logged into the game and neither had a queue of any kind. Both had 300+ in fleet, Jedi had 165 in Coruscant and Drooga's had 175 in Dromund Kaas. So they were pretty packed. Maybe it's isolated? Edited by GalacticKegger

I really hope so. Transferring from a low populated server to a server queue (and it's only monday night) is a bad thing.

Except that it is likely that people are logging on outside their normal play hours specifically to transfer and to give the new server a try. If this is happening then average population numbers should drop slightly over the next week as people return to their normal play patterns.