Leveling imperial agent

baskboy

Hello all

I have been leveling my agent now for 2 weeks, yes agent not a sniper or operative!

I have her ATM on level 34 so have gotten all attack except the orbital strike.

This means i have 8 attack abilities 1cc and 2/3 life support abilities.

I do pvp and doing realy good i end most of the time in the top 3 with ofcourse some exeptions.

I do GF flashpoint if people dont decline the group beqeus the see a agent marker as dps.

I realy love doing the agent class already got the operative and sniper both on 50 and there gear is good.

You can check it out on http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/437d973e-2161-4294-993e-0b2b4a4e08ce

But why this post?

Many people say it's crazy to level a class without there advanced class!

And i totaly disacree i think it's something more people would need to do why?

- Easy you learn the basics realy wel.

- Not having to worry about that *koff koff* high dps or combo.

- Realy easy keybinds realy having everything close to hand.

- in groups you never have to worry to get agro (not beqeus you suck but beqeus of the low agro attacks)

and ofcourse on the other hand you got some disabilities

- not the 35 meter range of the sniper and 30 tech range (30 meter interups)

- no stealth

- no skill tree

- people telling you that you havent gotten a advanced class (fun first few time's irritating after the 200th time)

But that is a other story :)

And i am hoping on in the long run a new advanced class :rolleyes:

Come on tank agent ^^ freaking 8 or 16 orbital strikes

P.S i totaly understand that without a advanced class the agent wil not be usefull in OPS and PVP on level 50

but atm shè totaly rocks

So i would say what do you think?

Many people say it's crazy to level a class without there advanced class!

And i totaly disacree i think it's something more people would need to do why?

- Easy you learn the basics realy wel.

The basics? Not really. Because your CORE abilities come from your AC. At 50 I hardly ever use any of the non-AC abilities.

- Not having to worry about that *koff koff* high dps or combo.

Just accepting that you are terribad without worrying about trying otherwise...guess that's fine?

- Realy easy keybinds realy having everything close to hand.

This really shouldn't be an issue

- in groups you never have to worry to get agro (not beqeus you suck but beqeus of the low agro attacks)

No, it will be because you suck for not having key abilities. And I've seen very low dps players still pull aggro because they don't know how to manage threat.

OK, I mean, if you just want to do it just for the heck of it, fine, I know you aren't the first. I've seen several people of each class do the no AC thing just to say they did it. But if you actually want to PLAY the character at higher levels, this is a really bad idea.

Reminds me of another game where people tried to pick the pet class but actually skipped the powers that gave you the pets...

Yes it is probably doable but you are essentially just experiencing what it is like to be a poor player and WILL be a burden on teams. You might get in top 3 but that just means you would have been easily top if you had the full set of powers.

Ignore what the others have said dude, I lvl'd an imp agent to lvl 50 myself and had an absolute blast with it. Was a mix of warzones and pve missions.

Now that he's 50 he still has no advanced class and I still take him out for a spin in warzones. still a lot of fun.

The basics? Not really. Because your CORE abilities come from your AC. At 50 I hardly ever use any of the non-AC abilities.

-Mmmm intersting you dont use you interuped, shield probe or dibblate? Just few abilities that pop into my mind.

Just accepting that you are terribad without worrying about trying otherwise...guess that's fine?

- mabey you would talk different when you now what dps you can do with your basic attacks.

This really shouldn't be an issue

- so your saying keybinding and learning the 13 abilities of a agent is just as easy as learning the 41 abilities from the operative it the 38 abilities from the sniper, keybinding that and having everying close to hand that it would take a second on al the keybind there is easy! I have my abilitiesso close to hand i can say i must wait on some of the cooldowns of the tailes before i can kill the next Guy in pvp :)

No, it will be because you suck for not having key abilities. And I've seen very low dps players still pull aggro because they don't know how to manage threat.

- yes there are a few Guy around, but i was more talking about doing Nice dps but never standing in second or 3th place to take the agro beqeus adv classes keep dropping stuff there for the wil alway's have more theat

OK, I mean, if you just want to do it just for the heck of it, fine, I know you aren't the first. I've seen several people of each class do the no AC thing just to say they did it. But if you actually want to PLAY the character at higher levels, this is a really bad idea.

- already made the listen the post with thing you wil Mis outoff beqeus of not pickking a advanced class, but for al basic things there wil be not a problem like HM FP or daily's or pvp!

Edited by baskboy

Reminds me of another game where people tried to pick the pet class but actually skipped the powers that gave you the pets...

Yes it is probably doable but you are essentially just experiencing what it is like to be a poor player and WILL be a burden on teams. You might get in top 3 but that just means you would have been easily top if you had the full set of powers.

That my be treu what your saying it's totaly useless to do.....but as i already posted it's a great way to learn your basics something that wil keep you alive in pvp or pve!

Also i have the other 2 classes and i can say for Sure i am doing pvp a lot better with a non-adv class that with one

Ignore what the others have said dude, I lvl'd an imp agent to lvl 50 myself and had an absolute blast with it. Was a mix of warzones and pve missions.

Now that he's 50 he still has no advanced class and I still take him out for a spin in warzones. still a lot of fun.

Nice to see a other agent ^^

I keep my eye's on the server for agents but every agent i see stops around being there treu role around level 12

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're leveling the agent for "easy keybinds" (whatever the hell that means), and you're sacrificing a plethora of extra abilities, stats, bonuses, and procs that would make your self-proclaimed impressive agent infinitely more impressive?

I'd say just go Operative, pick the Lethality tree, and only pick the passive bonuses if you really want to be a "pure" agent. Just going straight agent though will get you turned down from almost every Flashpoint or Operation you attempt, and people will probably just leave the WZ when they see just a plain ole' Agent on their team. Either way you're lacking the raw power of a Sniper or the incredible utilities of the Operative.

I honestly didn't even know that it was possible to skip your advanced class until I saw a level 40 Trooper in a WZ. Just a trooper... not a commando or a vanguard. Needless to say he ranked pretty low on that scoreboard. You shouldn't be able to leave the fleet without picking an AC; you're needlessly inhibiting yourself and doing the people who team with you a disservice.

EDIT: Just for fun, I went ahead and made a Lethality Operative, only picking the passive bonuses and no extra abilities. He'd still be under-performing, (since he's missing most of his bleed effects) but it's still better than a "pure" Agent. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401bf0MZ0MZGrrzbMG0GM.2

Edited by Trooper_One

That my be treu what your saying it's totaly useless to do.....but as i already posted it's a great way to learn your basics something that wil keep you alive in pvp or pve!

Also i have the other 2 classes and i can say for Sure i am doing pvp a lot better with a non-adv class that with one

I thought the post above said it was an awful way to learn the basics because you as soon as you actually pick an advanced class you will stop using 99% of the powers in the agent tree? It is not a good way to learn anything because if you want to be good at something you learn what all your tools can do, not just what you can do without tools.

I am not telling you not to play it, if you find it fun then that is good, but don't trick yourself into thinking that you are not being carried in FP's etc. It is the 'look I am being gimp but still great' people that annoy me, not the 'look I am having fun like this' people.