Please make a turnoff of that glowing icon over every vendor

Seterade

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In nameplates please let us turn off the bright glowing icon over vendor and NPS.

Many of us fed this back in the PTS (read the thread here) because it ruins the look of strongholds (as well as being visually annoying generally). WE WERE IGNORED :mad: Since companions were ruined, strongholds are the last best thing about SWTOR for me. Vendor icons have made them ugly and screenshots are ruined. +1 (again) for removal or off button on vendor icons. This "feature" is high on my list of deal breakers at the moment...unsub button trigger finger sense is tingling.

Edited by Sarova

So, Bioware, you changed something that was fine into something that is now potentially dangerous for people with any sort of seizure or vision disorder that is triggered by flashing lights against dark backgrounds AND takes away from the aesthetics of any vendor placed in a stronghold.

It's going to be a lot of fun visiting the fleet where there are so many of these blinking lights. Well done, Bioware. Nobody was able to find the vendors for the first seven years of the game, am I right? If only players could have told you they didn't like it or want it...oh, wait.

Bad enough they stuck these icons over all the NPCs and vendors, but the revamped versions of already existing icons (like those above mailboxes and cargo bays) look horrible, like low rez clipart. Honestly, all the UI and icon changes look horrible--busy, confusing, seizure inducing at worst, and awful on the eyes in general. Why did you waste time and money redesigning things that didn't need changing and now look worse, EA?

I don't comment on the forums, I think the last time was when I asked for help finishing DvL. This, however... I can't believe this was added without there being a toggle to turn it off. Who actually thought this was a good idea? I commented on this numerous times on test... and yet, nothing. Very disappointing :( I don't play with nameplates on, I prefer a more immersive experience. This completely ruins that for me. Not to mention I am on seizure medication and have vision issues. The flashing lights are painful.

These things gotta go.....

I hate the way they make the SH look.

Like super bright LED digibillboards.

Distracting, ugly, and annoying.

I've removed the jawa and droid vendors from the SH and hidden Felusia behind the entrance to the stairwell. bye Felusia :(

I tried putting her in the kitchen behind the pantry, sunken into the wall but then just her most protruding parts were visible :eek:

Couldn't do that to her.

Not gonna work.

Everyone posting so far just wants a way to turn it off, so if a toggle is added to the nameplates section then you get to decide for yourself.

+1. Good solution. It looks bad over Felusia in my main stronghold. Btw I dont think, that the new icons look more "modern". Simplicity is what governs design today. And the new icons went the opposite direction.

Edited by Lukas_H

Everyone posting so far just wants a way to turn it off, so if a toggle is added to the nameplates section then you get to decide for yourself.

But it's like the guild planet conquest notice that sometimes won't go away, or the DvL notice that pops up and the worst times. Why does it seem like they hate giving us the option to turn that off? I would love a simple explanation from Eric or Keith.

Is it because the original interface is carved in stone and anything new they add can't be given an on/off toggle?