Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

ThePleasureman

Magenta is also NOT pink. It is a weird color that exists somewhere in the limbo between pink and purple.

That said, I don't understand why bioware has to make something so simple, so frustratingly difficult. You've known darn well that character appearance is a high priority for a lot of people. You've known all along that there are tons of us out there who want to have a purple or magenta lightsaber.

I myself had hoped and expected to obtain one of these two colors in the 20s. I have now been 50 for a while, and I am still desperately searching for color crystals that are clearly WAY too difficult and or impossible to obtain.

The same thing goes for Hoods. You KNEW that players would need the option to hide helmets, because most people don't like to cover up their heads and hair. But then you force players into wearing a hood on 90% of jedi armor.

So far I like Bioware as an MMO developer, but when are you guys going to get your heads out of your butts on this topic? We NEED to have more lightsaber color options readily available, and we NEED to have a hide hood option. There just is no debate over this. This is a big point of frustration for many of us.

I couldn't agree more!

It's actually not difficult at all. There is no RNG element involved, nor do you need to be running around in endgame gear to obtain it, nor do you need an Operation to do so.

You may need a bit of time, but not a crazy amount either. All classes are capable of obtaining it. Think of it as something like a datacron.

Of course you also need to find an Artifice capable crafter with the recipe to turn the raw crystal it into a Lightsaber crystal, but for the right price, I'm sure they'll help you out.

Honestly, I was a bit amazed to find out that it is possible to have a mystery like this in an MMO. It's been in the game for a few months now (since beta).

Why the mystery? Why not serve it on a platter to those who want the color?

Well, for the same reason there aren't vendors at the start of the game with all the outfits, colors, colors, weapon appearances, etc. Because this is an RPG - some things are earned, not just handed to you on a silver platter. If you want them, you have to play the game.

Yes, we know character appearance is important for people. Hence many of the choices we made in the game, hence us adjusting many features based on feedback from the community during beta. However, the acquisition of appearance options is still a part of the game. You earn appearance past character creation, in various ways.

As said, the magenta adegan crystal is available for everyone and eventually someone will figure out how to get it. It's rare because it's undiscovered, not rare because it's terribly hard to get.

And, because I'm such a nice person today, I'll throw in one hint to get you started:

I get that you want a dangling carrot, and I'm all for dangling different shades - but what about the purple? I know how to get a Cyan, Blue-black, and Yellow-black, but not a purple. THOSE should be the rare, hard-to-find, puzzle it over for months colors, not something so basic it was in one of the movies. I'm a Jedi Guardian, I want a purple saber. I can't think of any reason why, at level 38, I don't have one yet.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more!

I get that you want a dangling carrot, and I'm all for dangling different shades - but what about the purple? I know how to get a Cyan, Blue-black, and Yellow-black, but not a purple. THOSE should be the rare, hard-to-find, puzzle it over for months colors, not something so basic it was in one of the movies. I'm a Jedi Guardian, I want a purple saber. I can't think of any reason why, at level 38, I don't have one yet.

Because you haven't found it yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't 273.15K be thought as the melting point of water. wiki

The transition point yes. What planet has both running water and ice? Or patches of both transitioning. Ice and magma for example.

Quite the mystery indeed. I'm going to get a coffee and put aside the background 'tearing the face off nature to stare in the face of god' physics contemplating and give this hint my full attention.

Fun!

Edited by GuillimanT

The transition point yes. What planet has both running water and ice? Or patches of both transitioning. Ice and magma for example.

Quite the mystery indeed. I'm going to get a coffee and put aside the background 'tearing the face off nature to stare in the face of god physics' contemplating thoughts and give this hint my full attention.

Fun!

Belsavis has all of the above... Hoth also has volcanic patches in the Glacial Fissure... Ilum has frozen water, but very very little liquid water... No running water at all... I'd think it'd have to be one of those 3 planets (that doesnt get us very far though, since they were already the primary suspects, lol)

Belsavis has all of the above... Hoth also has volcanic patches in the Glacial Fissure... Ilum has frozen water, but very very little liquid water... No running water at all... I'd think it'd have to be one of those 3 planets (that doesnt get us very far though, since they were already the primary suspects, lol)

coordinates 273 . 15 is at the glacial fissure..

Edited by GuillimanT

Okay guys. I wanna share you with this, so lets help each others :)

Earlier i found a small patch on ilum.. stared at it abit, and thought; is that a map?

It also had a small tauntaun in it.

started looking thru planet maps... stopped at hoth.

I did a quick image in pain to illustrate my thoughts. So help me find a solution guys! :D

Here's my image:

http://tinypic.com/r/29dd0k0/5

Okay guys. I wanna share you with this, so lets help each others :)

Earlier i found a small patch on ilum.. stared at it abit, and thought; is that a map?

It also had a small tauntaun in it.

started looking thru planet maps... stopped at hoth.

I did a quick image in pain to illustrate my thoughts. So help me find a solution guys! :D

Here's my image:

http://tinypic.com/r/29dd0k0/5

That's far but damn oO

That's a litle bit wild I'm scouring Hoth rght now. The blobs don't really seem to fully match anything on Hoth though, the tiny tauntaun is the srongest lead, but there's taunauns all over the planet might not line up there.

Also the dead guy... the cliffs of the glacial geyser thingies really looks like a body upside down

The crystals used to make the magenta crystal are called 'Magenta Adegan Crystal'. Adegan crystals are rare crystals also referred to as 'Ilum crystals'. So my guess is that its on Ilum.

I tried the coordinates in Ilum. It leads to a suspicious outcrop, but its too hard to get up top if thats the intent.

Also the dead guy... the cliffs of the glacial geyser thingies really looks like a body upside down

I'm all for helping people out. I've scoured the cave in the northwest of Ilum. The coordinates are around X 273 and there's a weird glowing thing in the cave but I haven't had any luck.

My question is how many times am I going to bug out my game, see geometry with no backing, pass through the ground and die, or get stuck while doing this? So far in the last hour, about 13.

Way too many invisible walls as well, ruining my climbing fun.

There's also tauntauns on Belsavis.

Edited by ThePleasureman

Anyone tried to see what coords on ilum are for 15 . 273 (reversed)?

Btw I found a chest in hoth with an epic item and 5k credits in, no mobs on the Higjmount ridge peak.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3276/screenshot2012010701483.jpg

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1491/screenshot2012010701484.jpg

Just for those explorers. At this hight you get a debuff that slows you to walking speed.