Sith chain of command

Kedeli

THink of the Jedi/Sith as a seperate chain of command. Sort of like 'Special Forces' in the current military.

A Special Forces Sgt. might technically be at the Orders of a Lt. of the regular fordces, but only an idiot lt. tries to issue orders to teh Specforces without consulting them first.

Edited by CanWolfShadow

It's not really so black and white I don't think.

Remember how Tarkin ordered Vader around in the movies? It wasn't because he was higher ranked than Vader (Even though he kinda was), it was because Tarkin had control over everything that involved the Death Star. The Emperor put him in charge specifically for that. Darth Vader was out of his area of jurisdiction, so to speak.

I'd say that and Sith is above anyone who isn't a Sith BUT, a higher ranking Sith can assign a lower ranking Sith to be under the command of a non sith. Like the Palpatine did to Vader, though that's I'm pretty much only guessing here. Not to mention,

if a Moff is in control of something specific, I don't think a normal Sith can disobey him in regards to what he controls. Like if a Moff controls Hoth, if he says this Sith can't kill republic troops on Hoth, the Sith must obey. But that doesn't mean that the Moff can tell this Sith what to do on Hoth, that is only the case if the Sith's master tells him to serve that Moff.

But that's all just guessing really :/.

I don't think it's anything so complicated. Although I'm nowhere near as familiar with the setting as others.

A sith has command over any non-force user, unless the non-force user has enough political, personal or military clout to ignore/kill the sith.

I ask because at the start of the Sith Inquisitor or Warrior story line, you run into a Sargent at the start of the game who talks to you as though you are a higher rank than him (first guy you talk to after opening cut-scene). I can't imagine an acolyte having authority over an Imperial commander or even a slightly lower rank, a slave with no formal training as of yet taking an authoritative position over even a medium ranking Imperial soldier makes no sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but as a former slave and now a raw recruit, you should certainly be rank and file. Can someone explain the official hierarchy please?

Can we stop comparing the Galactic Empire and the Sith Empire? Two completely different empires. Tarkin had control over Vader because Palpatine told him to assist Tarkin. In the Sith Empire all force users are higher ranking than any non force user. Even grand moffs can be killed for no reason by a low ranking sith for little reason other than because they would want to.

The only non force users in the Sith empire who aren't subservient to force users are the Emperor's Imperial Guard.

Edited by truedark

Can we stop comparing the Galactic Empire and the Sith Empire? Two completely different empires. Tarkin had control over Vader because Palpatine told him to assist Tarkin. In the Sith Empire all force users are higher ranking than any non force user. Even grand moffs can be killed for no reason by a low ranking sith for little reason other than because they would want to.

The only non force users in the Sith empire who aren't subservient to force users are the Emperor's Imperial Guard.

If a low ranking Sith killed the Grand Moff for no reaosn other than "I felt like it" Said sith would promptly be executed for sheer stupidity.

If the Grand Moff didn't simply wipe the floor with said low ranking Sith. (And I don't mean in personal combat.)

But as I said, Acolytes are lower than say Moffs and Admirals and other ranked individuals.

No they aren't. Keeper (Someone who I would consider more powerful than most Moffs) wouldn't mess with the Sith, especially the dark council. In the Sith empire, if you don't have force powers you are subservient to those who do. Most Sith aren't dumb enough to kill a Grand Moff because if they did, the Sith Lords and or Darths who support said Moff would go out of their way to kill said Sith.

No they aren't. Keeper (Someone who I would consider more powerful than most Moffs) wouldn't mess with the Sith, especially the dark council. In the Sith empire, if you don't have force powers you are subservient to those who do. Most Sith aren't dumb enough to kill a Grand Moff because if they did, the Sith Lords and or Darths who support said Moff would go out of their way to kill said Sith.

Acolytes aren't Sith yet, they have to prove themselves worthy of being Sith. Hence they have less pull/weight/authority versus anything like a Moff and Admiral. Despite the later being nonforce sensitive.

That was my only point not that Lords/Darths and such are under anyone other than in their own hierarchy because yes they are above nonforce users.

The Sith Empire is a carbon copy, straight copy-paste job of the Galactic Empire. So you really need only look at the GE to see how the SE works. Basically, you have the Emperor who controls everything. Beneath him you have the dark council which handles everything when the Emperor can't be bothered. Beneath them you have Grand Moffs/Grand Admirals/Grand Generals(assuming the SE has the last one). Beneath those you have Moffs, admirals, generals etc.

Now Sith a sort of like officers. You can go to the academy and graduate as an Officer, thus automatically putting you above enlisted troops. Acolytes are pretty *********** powerless since they're merely in training. How many troopers did you order around on Korriban after all. Apprentices have significantly more authority, being akin to Lieutenants/captains. Sith Lords are where the real power starts coming into play. They'd be akin to your colonels or brigadier generals. However Moffs and Grand Moffs, FS or not, can still order them around. Darth's are pretty much the Sith version of Grand Moffs/Grand Admirals.

Acolytes aren't Sith yet, they have to prove themselves worthy of being Sith. Hence they have less pull/weight/authority versus anything like a Moff and Admiral. Despite the later being nonforce sensitive.

That was my only point not that Lords/Darths and such are under anyone other than in their own hierarchy because yes they are above nonforce users.

Ahh, thought you meant Apprentices. Acolytes aren't technically Sith so they don't have say. However most people would show them proper respect because you don't want to piss off a potential future dark council member.

Doesn't it go something like this.

Emperor > Emperor's Hand/Wrath > Imperial Guard(Though they just mainly take orders from no one except the Emperor, and don't very often order others around) The Sith Council > Darth > Lord > Apprentice > Non-Force users/Sith Trainees.

Then ofcourse the Non-Force users have their own little system aswell.

Edited by Nylyan

The Sith Empire is a carbon copy, straight copy-paste job of the Galactic Empire. So you really need only look at the GE to see how the SE works. Basically, you have the Emperor who controls everything. Beneath him you have the dark council which handles everything when the Emperor can't be bothered. Beneath them you have Grand Moffs/Grand Admirals/Grand Generals(assuming the SE has the last one). Beneath those you have Moffs, admirals, generals etc.

Now Sith a sort of like officers. You can go to the academy and graduate as an Officer, thus automatically putting you above enlisted troops. Acolytes are pretty *********** powerless since they're merely in training. How many troopers did you order around on Korriban after all. Apprentices have significantly more authority, being akin to Lieutenants/captains. Sith Lords are where the real power starts coming into play. They'd be akin to your colonels or brigadier generals. However Moffs and Grand Moffs, FS or not, can still order them around. Darth's are pretty much the Sith version of Grand Moffs/Grand Admirals.

Far from it. They are far from carbon copies of each other.

If my canon memory serves me...based upon New Hope-era.

Emperor -> Agents of the Emperor/Direct Apprentice (Vader) = Grand Moff -> Military

Now, following this structure you could assume that canon in the Old Republic era would be something like this...

Emperor -> Agents of the Emperor/Direct Apprentice(s) -> Grand Moff = Council -> lesser-Darth -> Lord -> Apprentice -> Acolyte -> rank and file Military.

Of course, this is all conjecture simply because the fluid nature of Sith hierarchy.

Far from it. They are far from carbon copies of each other.

I'd ask you to explain how they aren't carbon copies, but that'd be asking the impossible. Seriously, the SE even stole the GE's ships, fighters, ranks. Christ they even stole Palpatine's Royal Guards. The ONLY difference between the GE and the SE is that the SE has more sith. Everything else is the exact bloody same in every imaginable way. That's why I don't really like the Empire. At least the republic looks like it should, a progression from KOTOR to the clone wars. The SE is just a blatant port of the GE.

If my canon memory serves me...based upon New Hope-era.

Emperor -> Agents of the Emperor/Direct Apprentice (Vader) = Grand Moff -> Military

Now, following this structure you could assume that canon in the Old Republic era would be something like this...

Emperor -> Agents of the Emperor/Direct Apprentice(s) -> Grand Moff = Council -> lesser-Darth -> Lord -> Apprentice -> Acolyte -> rank and file Military.

Of course, this is all conjecture simply because the fluid nature of Sith hierarchy.

It goes Emperor -> Dark Council -> Darth -> Lord -> Non Force Users

I did not include Imperial Guard, Emperor's Wrath, or Apprentices for the reason that they are either answerable to only the emperor or their own master.

A lot of people, even high-ranking Imperials, fear the Sith and force users in general. As an acolyte or apprentice, some will boss you around, displaying their natural leadership, backed by military prowess, taking **** from no one. Most will grovel at your feet, simply because you can kill them with a wave of your hand.

A lot of people, even high-ranking Imperials, fear the Sith and force users in general. As an acolyte or apprentice, some will boss you around, displaying their natural leadership, backed by military prowess, taking **** from no one. Most will grovel at your feet, simply because you can kill them with a wave of your hand.

Y'know, a real problem when trying to figure out the chain of command is a lot of players can't tell the difference between someone having to grovel at your feet, and choosing to. A moff outranks an apprentice, end of. They tell you to jump, you ask how high. But while this may be how it technically is, there are a variety of aspects that can alter this relationship.

For example, while Moff Tilderhand may outrank Appentice Johanski, if Apprentice Johanski is the apprentice of say... a Dark Council member, then he's gonna have a LOT of free reign and that Moff will be kissing his ***. Not because the apprentice has any authority, but because his master does.

It also depends on the Moff. For example, Kilran is pretty high up on the food chain and has no problem ordering around Sith the same way he'd order anyone around. And there aint much you can do about that, period.

So while technically there are plenty of non-fs in the empire that outrank a sith, practically speaking it may not always be wise to exert that authority. That sith may one day become your boss and take exception to you being a dick. Or their master may be very powerful and influential and have your *** killed.

I have to support ColonelColt here.

I don't think that ANY Sith can command military personnel. Not any military personnel. Take Darth Jadus as an example; he had seat in the Dark Council and was powerful Sith Lord, one on the very top and Watcher - high ranking Imperial Intelligence officer - still tried to argue with him about how Imperial Intelligence should do its job. It's more like certain Siths are trying to meddle in the affairs of the military, thinking they are will of the Empire because they are Siths, and the military doesn't like this, but they'll try to politely argue and respect Siths nonetheless.

While Siths are certainly high in the Empire's society - as you are told to treat them with respect - they don't necessarily have superiority in regard to the military (and higher ranking officers, like Moffs or generals) matters. You are superior by your rank or office or if you've been given task from Dark Council, Moff or Darth and people has been informed to assist you in any way, but not by being Sith only.

The Galactic Empire from Old Trilogy is not carbon copy though - the Jedi and the Sith are both considered a part of "long dead religious order" and their "beliefs" are known by but a few. It's the Emperor, Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywaler who are or become active Force Users. In the Sith Empire Siths are respected and considered high in the society, but these are but minor (cultural) details when we talk about chain of command.

Edited by Maccaroth