Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

JovethGonzalez

What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2  

3,457 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2

• They're good!
    • They're terrible!
    • I don't care either way.

My problem is that he uses very loaded language and implies things he later denies. If you look throughout this thread and the original thread most of his posts spawn arguements because of this.

I see this differently, because I know him. He really IS an intelligent person, but sometimes he doesn't define his points because he feels like you will understand him like he understands what he is trying to convey.

He doesn't do that intentionally.

Again, he is a good man, means well, and I will vouch for him. I know this guy and have talked to him for about a year on this forum on an account that is now useless to me due to an error Bioware made which corrupted my login information and made it irretrievable forever.

Edited by StrikeOfLight

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe what many of us may be experiencing is The Bucha Effect see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucha_effect

It`s also well known that strobe lights can induce migraines and headache`s.

For the people who don`t experience this you are lucky. If you really like this button flashing all the power to you and I hope they keep it as an option.

I would simply like to see an option to turn this off as I really do enjoy playing this game.

Until then this game is only playable as a fancy chatting room.

This poll was opened and closed awfully quick. I would have been happy to add another 'it's terrible' vote. It's actually made the game considerably less pleasent to play. When I saw today's message about a patch coming tomorrow, the first thing the came to mind was that they were rolling back this change. I am dissapointed that they are only fixing that little Ilum bug.

You also wanted to completely ignore the health issue.

So this isnt going to be changed til march?!

If you have epilepsy a TV in general can trigger an attack. So I would hope if you were playing this game you were taking something to prevent an attack.

I can't vote on the poll because its closed :(. I like the new UI cool down effect, it sucks that it is affecting so many people so adversely. When I read about all the people having problems I was concerned, but when I actually got home and tested it I was actually quite happy with it.

All I ask is please don't make a change again based solely on the people who post on the forums, as we all know most of the time only people with issues post on the forums.

Now I'm NOT saying do nothing because the people being affected need some sort of resolution, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make it a choice, I don't want to chance that the next change doesn't suit me. I did not like the previous UI effect at all, made it difficult for me to see what was ready and what wasn't, this new UI is great, for me. So by all means make a change, but give me the choice to keep what I already have.

From what I read, UI customization will come at 1.2. The UI fix isn't part of that.

Then why on earth would he conflate the issues by referencing 1.2 if it has nothing whatsoever to do with this poll, the thread, or the problems people are having with the current UI.

Wait, I know. It makes the very vague "we'll fix it whenever we get around to it" first paragraph look smaller and less significant, so maybe players won't notice it.

What he SHOULD have written:

We view the problems that players have outlined in this thread to be an absolute top priority. We are committed to making changes very quickly to correct major issues regarding adverse health effects and ability visibility. We are already working on a patch and will release it as soon as we can earthly have it ready, even if it involves emergency downtime.

I would love for the new effect to be GONE and the OLD UI REINSTATED!

I know the problems some people face with flashing lights and now whenever I use a skill I have to close my eyes.

Thank you Bioware for now making this game nearly impossible for me to play unless I spend all my time crafting.

Not a happy customer.

If you have epilepsy a TV in general can trigger an attack. So I would hope if you were playing this game you were taking something to prevent an attack.

It's not just epilipsy. In some people without epilipsy it caused heachaches and/or nausia. For me it caused a slight headache (nothing major - just enough to make playing uncomfortable - similar to what I get when I read a book in a moving car.

For a sentinel, this is bad, horribly bad. I just did my first WZ since patch and paid special attention to the bars - there were times when the ability was definitely available and up, and it was black on the bar. So it's unintuitive and also broken.

It's so bad, even though I have a full night of freedom from kids/work, I'm turning off the game and going to do something else.

As I said previously, changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share..

Considering you're prepared to run a hotfix and maintenance when world pvpers in one zone aren't getting kill credit, I hope you're taking an issue that's actually making the game unplayable for some of us more seriously & have a similar timeframe for repairs in mind.

Oh, and you shut the poll before I could vote. "It's terrible" btw.

Edited by Lakhesis

Considering you're prepared to run a hotfix and maintenance when world pvpers in one zone aren't getting kill credit, I hope you're taking an issue that's actually making the game unplayable for some of us more seriously & have a similar timeframe for repairs in mind.

Bioware's priorities:

A tiny % of players aren't getting full credit for Ilum kills.

ZOMG!!! Panic!!! Bring down the servers immediately and deploy an emergency fix!!!!

A significant chunk of players cannot play without getting a migrane, nausea, and/or vomiting.

Yawn. We'll fix it whenever. No big deal.

Edited by ToliverGrey

As I said previously, changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share.

Thanks for the answer stephen, but is this really all you can tell us after 48 Hours? Can you please be a little more specific?

Will you change the animation, so that GCD and CD are treated different again? It's nearly game breaking for Rage / Focus etc classes to be unable to tell what abilities will be available when GCD finishes.

Will you change the animation, so people aren't suffering from a headache anymore? I'm personally not affected by this issue, but any health problems should be a top priority.

Do we really have do wait until 1.2, or are you planning a patch before march?

Edited by Duffz

^This

You also wanted to completely ignore the health issue.

So this isnt going to be changed til march?!

If this is true I will be canceling my account. Seriously I just logged, I can't play this game anymore. There really wasn't this kind of complaint previously, so roll it back and put this in as an option in 1.2. :mad:

Shame really, I just made 50.

I missed the vote too - mark another up for terrible!

Edited by Redshirtfail

I can't play so long as the UI is flashing in my face. To wait 3 weeks for 1.2 to have this rectified is unsatisfactory.

Can't you toss a quick optional quick fix into a patch coming sooner than that simply to kill the strobe effect that makes the game unplayable for some of us sooner than 1.2s release? Maybe even a patch just to the Client to stop it that I can download on my own time so as not to interfere with others play? I'm starting to regret having paid for a long subscription if I can't play for 3 weeks.

This change to the UI was so abrupt and bold in its design I feel I've been subject to a bait and switch ploy. The game was fully playable with zero physical discomfort prior to the new UI change.

Edited by Catsmeat

Tis Warhammer all over again for the long term beta testers. BTW, Like your sig.

Coincidence? I think not. Warhammer was made by Mythic... which became EA Mythic... When EA bought BioWare, and formed BioWare Austin... a large amount of Mythic employees were absorbed by BioWare Austin.

I would say that before changing anything you should give us a little more time to adjust to the change. As far as my thoughts this new change is an improvement over the last version but still not where it needs to be. As others have said there is a little to much flashing going on but that we can adapt to if needed. My recommendation would be to use the style from the omni cc as it dose a great job of giving a clear view of cool down timers. I think keeping the current animation for the global is a good idea but maybe tone it down a bit.