Ranked Warzones, when would be the ideal time to run Ranked?

JohnElias

Calling out to all Jung Ma Ranked teams. When would be the ideal time to run Ranked warzones? Black Sun will be putting up a team starting next week. I'm looking to run some at least 3 times a week, so when would it be a good time to get a team together to run Ranked?

Warcloud

The Imperial Guard

Jen'jidai

Sky Wardens

Pro

Praxium

Credit Shot

Dark Empire

The Sithhiker's Guild to the Galaxy

Infernal Harvest

Fear

Knights of Sokan

Remnants of Hope

Order of Shadow

and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Post your days and times.

I'm hoping for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, from 6:00PM - Whenever we pass out in the AM. Weekends also work for me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jen'jidai usually does warzones Mon/Tue/Wed from 9 PM EST to 12 AM EST

Shameless selfbump: A'nimus is a free agent, bound to no one. If ya need smart/experienced/good looking sorcerer hybrid DPS for ranked, call me. I'm up from 8PM - 12 AM EST.

Edited by AnimaSoul

With the decline of pvp on our server, Jen'jidai lost a lot of our pvpers to other games / other servers. Unfortunatly at this time I doubt we will be able to get a ranked team together and even if we do the composition would be lousy and not much in terms of competition lol.

Though I could probably get 3 - 4 of our guys together to team up with another group to possibly form a team. A'nimus before mentioned the times we normally pvp.

I normally pvp during the day, so if you ever need a fully geared Sorc healer for a decent team, send a messege to Kazra.

Nightmare Squadron runs RWZs on Tuesday and Thursday nights if my guild can get a team together. However, it's not a dedicated team by any stretch and lately hasn't been able to pull 8 peeps together.

In fact, I'm looking to join a dedicated team on my Mara if anyone needs one. My Mara is fully geared and proficient in all three DPS specs although I usually roll Anni in NWZs. Not looking for Comms as I'm capped. Just would like some more competitive PvP.

We are going to try and shoot for tuesdays and thursdays. We would be up for running ranked any night but it always seems like no one ever q's up except for when credit shot ask us if we are running ranked that night. If more guild start running ranked on a nightly bases we will get off our butts and manning more teams.

We are going to try and shoot for tuesdays and thursdays. We would be up for running ranked any night but it always seems like no one ever q's up except for when credit shot ask us if we are running ranked that night. If more guild start running ranked on a nightly bases we will get off our butts and manning more teams.

We asked Jung Ma to queue for ranked warzones on a weekly basis about two months ago or longer, both here and in-game. Some weeks we went entire evenings without a single match. It got extremely boring and people started to do other things with their time. Now that Crimson Elite is back and we shifted our night to Tuesdays and Thursdays, hopefully things will pick back up consistently.

But what happened to all of the Imperial competition? Last ranked warzone I did facing an Imperial guild (and not a PUG) was about 1.5 months ago.

Lack of geared players, really. We've got a few guilds running in-house ranked on an almost daily basis now, so hopefully as we get more players that are semi-geared and capable of standing up against the full WH guilds on the Republic side we'll be able to start partaking in regular ranked. Sure, you get more in comms for a loss in ranked than you do for a victory in regular but it's pretty hard to keep a group of 8 players together when they're losing constantly.

For PUGs - It also seems a lot of imps have a severe lack of morale, and the in-fighting gets kind of ridiculous sometimes. Lot of disrespectful players on our side of the field, which damages unity. On the plus side with F2P there's a lot of new players on both sides of the field, so Imps actually win on occasion now. Might help alleviate the gear problem.

These are just my personal observations, others may feel differently.

We have someone in our guild trying to organize at least one ranked team to run. I'll post on here if things work out and he gets together a solid schedule for when they'll be doing their thing. I think I saw a couple others post on here. I imagine over the next couple months you'll start to see a bit more of an Imperial presence in the ranked warzones.

Edited by Karthus

As mentioned before, its hard to get people excited about RWZ because we usually end up sitting in a queue with no pops. Also, we have a lot of people who have plans on certain days of the week and its hard getting a whole team coordinated.

I am really trying to push Thursdays with our guild however, and getting a strong team is one of our top priorities. Please send Les or Lec a tell if you are queing, as we may end up doing other things if we aren't seeing que pops.

We're probably going to get started around 10PM-11 EST when a few of our guys get back from work/other events.

Cheers

Well once again a night of no pops. The one imp group who said they would form a team told me they just wanted to do "in house" and farm comms off each other. Weak.

Whats the point of making these threads if people aren't going to show up. CE has shown up every night (except thanksgiving) even if our composition isn't perfect. Rating doesn't matter people - lets play some games.

Well once again a night of no pops. The one imp group who said they would form a team told me they just wanted to do "in house" and farm comms off each other. Weak.

Whats the point of making these threads if people aren't going to show up. CE has shown up every night (except thanksgiving) even if our composition isn't perfect. Rating doesn't matter people - lets play some games.

What do you expect? It’s part of the reason why OoS quit...People on this server say they want competition but when it comes to it lets all be honest with ourselves there is none. I wish this game turned out to be better and more organized but until the community grows and there is a merge or xfers available, you can organize all you want but it will never be the same.

I’m sorry people think that queuing “in-house” will help them. It completely negates the concept of competitive pvp and takes away the little hope this server has for getting some sort of pvp experience.

As someone who only pvp’d on this game, if I still seriously played in these conditions I would most likely go crazy. One ranked queue a night if that is just dumb. Being queue dodged and only have one team on the server that actually made me pay attention was enough for me to never want to take this game seriously again.

I think we need to just rally the morale of the server. Every time a ranked game pops people turn it into something its not. People view this as a guild smashing opportunity where trash talk follows pretty much every game no matter if its secret trash talk or not. No one wants to q up without their very very best players because we have created an environment in which losing is so shameful that its no longer an option. If you want to fix the attitude of the guilds you have to stop the life or death sentiment. Until that happens regular war zones will always be more appealing.

I’m pretty sure I posted about this already a long time ago but I’ll bite again. What do you think competitive pvp is about? It’s not about how we give fluffy bunnies to whomever wins and then skip off into the sunset that’s for sure. Show me one game where trash talking isn’t involved in a ranking pvp style set up. It is shameful to lose and that’s because no one queues up to lose, they queue up to win. The problem is people take the trash talk to heart way too much. And if that’s the problem with why people don’t want to queue or they think trash talking is the problem then perhaps regular warzones is the place for them.

I’ll give you an example, CE and OoS talked trashed to each other plenty of times before ranked came out and when ranked was available. We did it to bring out each other’s competitiveness to make ranked matches interesting and actually have a purpose; OoS did this with Sleens and other guilds also. But we didn’t hate each other for it and become elitists and trolls to each other, we kept it to the pvp and moved on. We even had a ton of CE people in our OoS guildwars2 guild. So there’s no “morale boosting” needed, people just need to realize competitive pvp is competitive and they need to deal with it.

But all of this above crap is negligible because of my previous post. The Ranked PvP side of Jung ma is dead and there is no one saying they are the best anymore so there is no one willing to challenge it. So what’s the point of being ranked if there are no teams fighting to be the top?

I’m pretty sure I posted about this already a long time ago but I’ll bite again. What do you think competitive pvp is about? It’s not about how we give fluffy bunnies to whomever wins and then skip off into the sunset that’s for sure. Show me one game where trash talking isn’t involved in a ranking pvp style set up. It is shameful to lose and that’s because no one queues up to lose, they queue up to win. The problem is people take the trash talk to heart way too much. And if that’s the problem with why people don’t want to queue or they think trash talking is the problem then perhaps regular warzones is the place for them.

I’ll give you an example, CE and OoS talked trashed to each other plenty of times before ranked came out and when ranked was available. We did it to bring out each other’s competitiveness to make ranked matches interesting and actually have a purpose; OoS did this with Sleens and other guilds also. But we didn’t hate each other for it and become elitists and trolls to each other, we kept it to the pvp and moved on. We even had a ton of CE people in our OoS guildwars2 guild. So there’s no “morale boosting” needed, people just need to realize competitive pvp is competitive and they need to deal with it.

But all of this above crap is negligible because of my previous post. The Ranked PvP side of Jung ma is dead and there is no one saying they are the best anymore so there is no one willing to challenge it. So what’s the point of being ranked if there are no teams fighting to be the top?

I'm one man army, bite me!

I'm going to have to agree with Anethia. What kind of carebear attitude is it that peoples feelings are hurt so they won't queue up for rwz? Its on the guilds to man up and get competitive. Its not on other guilds to pamper and encourage them and let them win.

Suluu, you are in the guild "Pro" which is a loaded guild name if anything. Why do you consider yourself "Pro" if your afraid of competitive pvp? Its shameful.

I am not going to look though rose colored glasses. OoS whooped us just about every time we queued up against them. Sometimes it wasn't even close. Thing is, we still queued because:

A) We enjoy pvp.

B) We knew that playing better people is the only way to improve.

C) We're proud of our tag and want to be the best.

I also agree that the strive to be the best and better than others is necessary. Its the instinct that drives pvp - being a better player than your peers.

I know when we win a tough game that the elation is better than anything else in this game. I know when we lose the embarrassment is what drives us to improve our skills and scrutinize our play.

Crimson Elite played a good few games last night. One game we got rocked in huttball by a republic pug (with some of the best players outside our guild for some grace saving). I wasn't butthurt, all I knew is that we seriously need to improve our huttball game. We also queued up again immediately (which isn't what most guilds do when they lose).

I find it odd that we're outnumbered by Imperials but Republic is the only faction which can produce serious pvp groups. I guess my only hope is that Anim and Anethia come back and put some effort into forming a decent imperial group. (Maybe A'nimus can also put an effort forward as he seems to be also excited about real competition).

I would like to thank Credit Shot (and sometimes AA) for queuing up - and not quitting after their first loss. Its obvious those guilds are playing for PVP, not some useless rating that does nothing.

So last night from my understanding was my guys didn't have enough healers to run, just rillon as we are low and healers in the guild and I had dart league.

Im thinking we should have a PVP guild summit and sort this stuff out. There seems to be enough people who want to run be we need to coordinate this a little better. Maybe a sunday night guild summit? We could all use my mumble channel for it

Sorry my guild didn't show last night. I'm in the midst of a trip to Montreal and some of our other hard core PvP people unfortunately had RL stuff going on. Since my guild is mostly composed of career professionals, these things tend to happen at times. :)

I do know the folks logged in tried to get ranked warzones going, despite how bad the group probably would have been because they're committed to the schedule. However, in the end they were a healer and DPS short at least so instead they queued for regular warzones.

I won't be around again next Tuesday, but I'm hoping AA is able to show while I'm gone.

So last night from my understanding was my guys didn't have enough healers to run, just rillon as we are low and healers in the guild and I had dart league.

Im thinking we should have a PVP guild summit and sort this stuff out. There seems to be enough people who want to run be we need to coordinate this a little better. Maybe a sunday night guild summit? We could all use my mumble channel for it

I guess my only hope is that Anim and Anethia come back and put some effort into forming a decent imperial group. (Maybe A'nimus can also put an effort forward as he seems to be also excited about real competition).

Unfortunately, I find that extremely unlikely because my schedule is very demanding and so is Anim's. And as I'm sure you know I am extremely elitist ;p and I don't like queuing with people who can't carry me to victory. Originally, I was thinking of putting a group together with some people I could scavenge and then putting it together with Cesc and his people but that didn't really work out.

However I still will be around playing normal warzones and criticizing the state of pvp like I have been in this thread. Oh, and I will continue to bug Ordo on my republic toon so he will snuggle with me.