2200 parse as Carnage

marshmallow

So just pointing out that by Vexo posting out his parse log he is giving you his rotation in a way. Take his combat log and remove all the dumb damage fluff and that leaves you with only the things he activates :rolleyes: I have done the leg work for everyone and did a simple find and replace to give the Sentinel version.

His rotation isn't anything crazy it just rotates around 2 different Gore windows.

1. When Ravage is up

2. When Ravage is down

Heres the Marauder version:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uQ4yY3MDCo8ZR3xt9k-koxcQrxq42VoNDFrU4h0MgJ4/edit

Heres the Sentinel version:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BnZJ5P4YNRf1g3IUXoP1z1E2srjX0zisztq8wICN_KE/edit

@ Vexo thanks for posting your parses, cheers!

I hope you realize that everyone already knows this rotation because I put my rotation up on the marauder forums. So uhm yeah this is pretty irrelevant and you wasted your time putting together those documents.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and at what point did you think I have to answer to you? I'm not the one boasting and lording over others to feed my own ego.

lol you can't answer to me because you don't have a parse thats higher than this one bad. The only way you could beat me is if you had 4 bloodthirsts and someone doing armor pen, as well as you using 2 adrenals.

lol you can't answer to me because you don't have a parse thats higher than this one bad. The only way you could beat me is if you had 4 bloodthirsts and someone doing armor pen, as well as you using 2 adrenals.

But Armour debuffs "barely effect" Carnage, remember? Lol hypocrisy.

People should be nicer to you though. Someone who derives self-worth as a human from their parse numbers in a videogame is to be deeply pitied.

In this thread so far, OP's arguing my point for me.

-You claim "everyone" knows carnage because YOU were the one who posted the "rotation" of a spec, which, sorry to say, is one of the easiest spec to play in the game (yet you fail to post any rotation here, because I do not expect there is any big secret in it)

-You say you and your friend's game is deliberately pulling from tanks and counting who does it the most often, painting you as bad DPS players (yes its not just numbers you pull, but how you pull them. Figure)

- You claim its impossible for anyone to beat you, because you are just so awesome, unless they have a ******** of advantages (which some of them, as pointed by poster above me, you are hypocritly denying any "real" effect on YOUR numbers, but its clear to all you would tear anyone apart who came pass your number on this point if it was real)

I'm reading each of your post, and I'll I'm thinking about is this :

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100222

Figures.

(anyone interested btw, go back to start and read that comic, its awesome stuff)

Edited by verfallen

Whilst there is not many out there pulling 2200 dps on a dummy parse, there are however, plenty of parses in the low 2100 range. If the 75dps gained from armor pen is taken away from the 2195dps in the parse it comes back to the pack and is no longer as exceptional. While I commend you on your high parse which even without armor pen would be just over 2100, which I hope to get one day when my marauder actually hits 50 (although the nerfhammer will likely fall before then), it is not true to say that the armor pen debuff is negligible and by doing so you are only limiting your own excellence.

Thanks for posting the parse however, I do enjoy looking at parses at the top of their class.

In this thread so far, OP's arguing my point for me.

-You claim "everyone" knows carnage because YOU were the one who posted the "rotation" of a spec, which, sorry to say, is one of the easiest spec to play in the game (yet you fail to post any rotation here, because I do not expect there is any big secret in it)

-You say you and your friend's game is deliberately pulling from tanks and counting who does it the most often, painting you as bad DPS players (yes its not just numbers you pull, but how you pull them. Figure)

- You claim its impossible for anyone to beat you, because you are just so awesome, unless they have a ******** of advantages (which some of them, as pointed by poster above me, you are hypocritly denying any "real" effect on YOUR numbers, but its clear to all you would tear anyone apart who came pass your number on this point if it was real)

I'm reading each of your post, and I'll I'm thinking about is this :

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100222

Figures.

(anyone interested btw, go back to start and read that comic, its awesome stuff)

I posted my rotation in a thread on the marauder forums, like 4 months ago. Me and my friend play that game, but only when we are doing old content, not during progression. 3rd I still haven't seen a parse from anyone beating me.

gg

HI Vexo,

I play on imp side - The Bastion as well. I am a casual pvper and figured i might ask a fellow carnage mara a question you might know the answer to.

Who are good pvp marauders to follow and study to make myself a better player? Could you reccomend a few that I should study? I am always interested in getting better and I know I am not at my full potential. I want to max out my gear and learn the skills i need to better help myself and my guild. My gear is close, just needs to be min maxxed. I didnt check out askmrrobot armory until tonite (i know, derp..) I had heard of it but just not investigated. Great tool. Thanks. And I'd also like to say, i dont think you are gloating too much or coming off as stuck up or holier than tho. You simply want appreciation from your peers for doing a great job. Nothing wrong with that and most who argue otherwise are likely jelly. Thanks for the info and for being helpful to most. Trolls be damned. :cool:

HI Vexo,

I play on imp side - The Bastion as well. I am a casual pvper and figured i might ask a fellow carnage mara a question you might know the answer to.

Who are good pvp marauders to follow and study to make myself a better player? Could you reccomend a few that I should study? I am always interested in getting better and I know I am not at my full potential. I want to max out my gear and learn the skills i need to better help myself and my guild. My gear is close, just needs to be min maxxed. I didnt check out askmrrobot armory until tonite (i know, derp..) I had heard of it but just not investigated. Great tool. Thanks. And I'd also like to say, i dont think you are gloating too much or coming off as stuck up or holier than tho. You simply want appreciation from your peers for doing a great job. Nothing wrong with that and most who argue otherwise are likely jelly. Thanks for the info and for being helpful to most. Trolls be damned. :cool:

I know winz is a pretty good marauder.. you could ask him. He's really the only one I know though, and I don't even think he is carnage. Sorry if I couldn't help at all.

Actually he capped out at 3000 DPS which is > 2200.

If you want to focus on details let's focus on all of them k?

Show me a DPS parse of a concealment/scrapper with even close to those numbers and I'll concede marauders are.... how did BW put it: "Within 5% margin of Concealment/Scrapper" Ahh, ya that's right.

Get back to school, focus on stochastics and ask first student you see about the "Law of large numbers".

It's about average dps, not about maxima k?

Edited by Freezoide

It's fun watching you get upset over this. I already know I can do better numbers, the thing is I don't have to say I'm the best marauder. I don't need to others attention in order to tell me I can pull those numbers, my guild already knows, my friends in game already know. That's all that matters to me. You should really try not to be so rude to people, maybe you'll get better feedback.

It's fun watching you get upset over this. I already know I can do better numbers, the thing is I don't have to say I'm the best marauder. I don't need to others attention in order to tell me I can pull those numbers, my guild already knows, my friends in game already know. That's all that matters to me. You should really try not to be so rude to people, maybe you'll get better feedback.

Ok I can say I pull higher numbers than you but that doesn't mean anything.

I'm really not being rude to people.

I don't care if your friends know or don't know I still haven't seen a parse of you pulling higher numbers than me.

Good try though.

Ok I can say I pull higher numbers than you but that doesn't mean anything.

I'm really not being rude to people.

I don't care if your friends know or don't know I still haven't seen a parse of you pulling higher numbers than me.

Good try though.

I can see that even talking to you in the most basic terms, the message won't get across.

Enjoy doing less DPS than me though. :D

Hi Vexo,

So the 2000 parses are with 2 adrenals and one BT on the op dummy correct?

Just want to clarify :)

Hmm I want to do a parse as well and see how I fare.

Given:

~5 min duration

and 2 Attack Adrenals

Will post later when i get home! Also did you transfer off the server?

-B'oarder

Edited by paowee

Perhaps I could ask you a different question, sans all the bs floating around.

I am the GM of a guild with a few marauders whom I want to spur into trying carnage. I do not have a level 50 marauder to jump on and begin experimenting with. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could explain in a nutshell your priority/rotation. The rest I can extrapolate from your parse and AMR profile.

Is this your profile on AMR and the gear you used to achieve those numbers? http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/7bd063cc-4026-44e8-9740-95d6363d18c3

Thanks in advance, hopefully you are willing to respond.

Perhaps I could ask you a different question, sans all the bs floating around.

I am the GM of a guild with a few marauders whom I want to spur into trying carnage. I do not have a level 50 marauder to jump on and begin experimenting with. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could explain in a nutshell your priority/rotation. The rest I can extrapolate from your parse and AMR profile.

Is this your profile on AMR and the gear you used to achieve those numbers? http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/7bd063cc-4026-44e8-9740-95d6363d18c3

Thanks in advance, hopefully you are willing to respond.

Yup thats my ask mr robot. I'll tell you that my rotation is centered around 2 different gores.

Well I guess /golfclap?

One thing I have learned already in this game is that every parser, reports different numbers. I have not use the one the OP is linking so can't really comment on that one. I have used Mox, SWMon, and ACT. They all report the same fight differently. SWMON is by far the most forgiving in calculating dps. Mox seems in the middle, and ACT is very unforgiving. For example a 1400 dps total in Mox actually repots as 1800 range in SWMON, and 1100 in ACT. How "friendly" his parse choice is I don't know. The totals though seem to really favor a very "friendly" parser...at least by what I can gage from doing actual op runs with various parsers. 2k+ meters only see in fast aoe trash pulls. Now I have ran HM TFB with many of the leading progression guilds on my server (Shadowlands) and they all use Mox or SWMON, etc during the runs. I can see how I am ranking on my mara against other mara's, mercs, sorcs, snipers and again only time I see 2k+ is during fast aoe trash pulls...oh and of course again Kephess when he is debuffed from the pillars.

Gear wise the OP is in 63 gear. Maybe doesn't have dread guard pieces but pretty much dread guard equivalent with 63 armor, mods, enhancements, hilts. Now my mara is not full 63 yet. Have my main hand 63 hilt, and 63 enhancements currently, and should have my 63 mods by the weekend. But looking at his askmrrobot character even with an exotech might stim and full buffs I am a bit confused. He has less than 2k str, 709 bonus dmg, and 40% crit. Over all not bad stats. High crit which may boost dps a bit more than my lower crit build. But seeing how my mara is in 61 armor/mod, 63 main hand hilt/enhancments, matrix cube, and battlemaster relic (vrs his two warleader relics) I am sitting at 716 bonus dmg but only a 29% crit total and almost 2200 str. Main hand dmg on the high end is like 1225+. So stat wise I am comparable with the OP...not as well geared (not full 63) and less crit but can't buy that crit makes that much difference...his parse shows a 30% crit rate during a fight... similarly even at a 29% stat screen crit rating I have parsed at a 30% crit rate on various parsers. Yet my average boss fight dps ranges from 1200-1800 dps. On debuffed fights (like HM TFB Kephess) I can get upwards of 2300, and in fast aoe trash pulls where I use zerk to spam vicious sweep I can push 2500-3200 dps. Operations test dummy parses are unrealistic and not really indicative of a true ops boss fight (movement, phases etc are not accounted for) I can't really say yea that is good dps or not. More so if you have people debuffing for you off the side.

Again the OP's gear is pretty good...63 level gear, stats are fairly nice (personally I would loose some crit and build more pwr in his case but then I am pwr hungry), I have to question how friendly or forgiving the parse choice he is using actually is. Our gear's are not equal but dmg potential is not very far off from each other. I have a hard time accepting a 2200 long duration, single target parse claim as a standard for the class. The skills used in the parse (Or the rotation) is pretty standard and no real magic combination there so the outside influence has me really suspect. But then opinions are like a holes, everyone has one and they often stink so what does it matter. If you play your class well, and are successful in raiding, who cares if you have a 1800 parse or a 2200 parse. From my experience most times the 4 dps are fairly close to each other in dps totals after a boss kill. Dmg done is within 20k or less between each dps. If one person is putting out significantly more than the other dps classes then the other classes need to work on their rotations/gear or its pretty clear evidence of a imbalance that could bring about unnecessary nerfs due to bad/falsified reporting. Bragging rights are one thing and I guess for some people its what they live for. But people tend to take such brags as a standard and start throwing them around as if they are common accounts. Next thing you know Mara's are going to be doing 5k dps and shooting lightning out their arses as the next round of OMG NERF MARAUDERS refreshes on one class forum or another. Until I see more people posting similar results going to have to figure this is just a little self epeen abuse by the OP done with questionable parameters.

Well I guess /golfclap?

One thing I have learned already in this game is that every parser, reports different numbers. I have not use the one the OP is linking so can't really comment on that one. I have used Mox, SWMon, and ACT. They all report the same fight differently. SWMON is by far the most forgiving in calculating dps. Mox seems in the middle, and ACT is very unforgiving. For example a 1400 dps total in Mox actually repots as 1800 range in SWMON, and 1100 in ACT. How "friendly" his parse choice is I don't know. The totals though seem to really favor a very "friendly" parser...at least by what I can gage from doing actual op runs with various parsers. 2k+ meters only see in fast aoe trash pulls. Now I have ran HM TFB with many of the leading progression guilds on my server (Shadowlands) and they all use Mox or SWMON, etc during the runs. I can see how I am ranking on my mara against other mara's, mercs, sorcs, snipers and again only time I see 2k+ is during fast aoe trash pulls...oh and of course again Kephess when he is debuffed from the pillars.

Gear wise the OP is in 63 gear. Maybe doesn't have dread guard pieces but pretty much dread guard equivalent with 63 armor, mods, enhancements, hilts. Now my mara is not full 63 yet. Have my main hand 63 hilt, and 63 enhancements currently, and should have my 63 mods by the weekend. But looking at his askmrrobot character even with an exotech might stim and full buffs I am a bit confused. He has less than 2k str, 709 bonus dmg, and 40% crit. Over all not bad stats. High crit which may boost dps a bit more than my lower crit build. But seeing how my mara is in 61 armor/mod, 63 main hand hilt/enhancments, matrix cube, and battlemaster relic (vrs his two warleader relics) I am sitting at 716 bonus dmg but only a 29% crit total and almost 2200 str. Main hand dmg on the high end is like 1225+. So stat wise I am comparable with the OP...not as well geared (not full 63) and less crit but can't buy that crit makes that much difference...his parse shows a 30% crit rate during a fight... similarly even at a 29% stat screen crit rating I have parsed at a 30% crit rate on various parsers. Yet my average boss fight dps ranges from 1200-1800 dps. On debuffed fights (like HM TFB Kephess) I can get upwards of 2300, and in fast aoe trash pulls where I use zerk to spam vicious sweep I can push 2500-3200 dps. Operations test dummy parses are unrealistic and not really indicative of a true ops boss fight (movement, phases etc are not accounted for) I can't really say yea that is good dps or not. More so if you have people debuffing for you off the side.

Again the OP's gear is pretty good...63 level gear, stats are fairly nice (personally I would loose some crit and build more pwr in his case but then I am pwr hungry), I have to question how friendly or forgiving the parse choice he is using actually is. Our gear's are not equal but dmg potential is not very far off from each other. I have a hard time accepting a 2200 long duration, single target parse claim as a standard for the class. The skills used in the parse (Or the rotation) is pretty standard and no real magic combination there so the outside influence has me really suspect. But then opinions are like a holes, everyone has one and they often stink so what does it matter. If you play your class well, and are successful in raiding, who cares if you have a 1800 parse or a 2200 parse. From my experience most times the 4 dps are fairly close to each other in dps totals after a boss kill. Dmg done is within 20k or less between each dps. If one person is putting out significantly more than the other dps classes then the other classes need to work on their rotations/gear or its pretty clear evidence of a imbalance that could bring about unnecessary nerfs due to bad/falsified reporting. Bragging rights are one thing and I guess for some people its what they live for. But people tend to take such brags as a standard and start throwing them around as if they are common accounts. Next thing you know Mara's are going to be doing 5k dps and shooting lightning out their arses as the next round of OMG NERF MARAUDERS refreshes on one class forum or another. Until I see more people posting similar results going to have to figure this is just a little self epeen abuse by the OP done with questionable parameters.

Well, torparse is 100% accurate so your whole point is basically irrelevant. Also, in most boss fights I'm in the 1800-2100 range, so you must just not be very good, as well as the rest of your guild.

Also I'll try and get some operations parses in here next week. I've been busy leveling a sentinel to 50 and whatnot.

Well, torparse is 100% accurate so your whole point is basically irrelevant. Also, in most boss fights I'm in the 1800-2100 range, so you must just not be very good, as well as the rest of your guild.

Based on your parses at TORParse.com, you're in the 1300 to 1800 DPS range on the SM boss fights; at least as recently as 11/14/12. That must have been Story Mode TFB as your group's TFB HM wipe-fest from 11/13/12 was painful to read, but shows that you're in the 1300-1600 range when the difficulty rises. That's not hard for a mara; and it's certainly not exceptional. Definitely understand how you'd be 'too busy' to share that kind of stuff.