319 members have voted

1. 1. Which Arena Map is your Favorite?

• Mandalorian Battle Ring
    • Tatooine Canyon
    • Orbital Station
    • Corellia Square
    • Makeb Mesa
    • Rishi Cove

After considering your feedback, we decided to remove some maps from the game.

From now on, only Mandalorian Ring and Rishi Cove Arena will be available.

Thanks guys.

/sarcastic

I wish we could like posts on these forums...

This made me smile, lol.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got started with Odessen, and my experiences aren't too fond, but that may be that I'm still getting the hang of the map. It seems like I almost have to open my mini map to the big one to figure out where the heck I'm supposed to go every time the cap points change.

I'm like you, an objective-based player through and through, so I think Odessen could have potential, but I don't know what's wrong with it.

Capping seems to happen too quickly, and then it's almost impossible to take nodes away before time expires (or even arrive at the node before the time expires, lol), so it seems almost pointless. I know the bonus thingies help with that of course, but those seem to be random too. Maybe I just need another 3 months to figure it out, lol.

You hit the nail on the head without realising it. The biggest problem with OPG is it’s confusing for many people and you basically need the map open to see what the heck’s going on because you can’t physically see any of your team or what they are doing. It makes situational awareness difficult and the size or the map doesn’t help.

OPG is one of those WZs that requires good communication and coordination. If your whole team was on voice chat and playing the objectives, then it would probably be an awesome strategy map. But because it’s pugs and people don’t or can’t communicate properly typing in chat, the whole match can come down to how many strategic thinking people are on your team and so they have people to help them.

The best matches I’ve had in OPG is with a premade on my team and they are on voice chat to coordinate themselves. I already know what to do. With those 4 and me, that’s 5 players trying to win using coordination and strategy. Usually that’s enough to guarantee a win.

• 2 weeks later...

Fix or remove Rishi Cove. Most people I know simply quit as soon as they enter it.

- terrible geometry

- constantly getting stuck

- not fun

If you can fix it so that players aren't constantly getting stuck in and around the objects then it has a purpose. Or you can just put it on a very low priority so that it doesn't pop very often.

We had this poll appear at new year... it's now nearly April. - And it's basically thumbs down for the newer maps.....

Any feedback form Eric over the direction of travel over Arenas?

Yep, it would be good to have some feed back from Bioware. It’s called a discussion when there is two way communication. It makes sure we are all on the same page with no misinterpretation.

We also still need a 8v8 feed back poll.

the biggest feedback i got from this poll is that only 309 people replied... makes me wonder how many people are left playing?

More like, how many people bother coming to the pvp forum.

This sort of poll should be run on the load screen for subscribers. Then the results can linked to a forum stick so we can follow it.

The other issue is, not many people get to play arena anymore because reg arena only pops outside of prime times and I question how many actual ranked players are still here. I know there are lots of character names on the charts, but how many are people’s alts?

the biggest feedback i got from this poll is that only 309 people replied... makes me wonder how many people are left playing?

This was the only thing that I was interested about in this thread too. The number practically covers the ranked population I would say.

Playing the game ? A lot of people play....

But not many give a penny about ranked PVP or arenas...;) And even less read these forums. The vas majority of the people ingame have no clue about what's written on these forums.