I don't pug FP or Ops

and why is that?

when I'm dps GF takes 2-3 hours find a group and that group is usually utter fail.

When I'm healing I need to off-dps and do some crazy maciks when everyone run around like lemmings.

when I'm tanking and happily get a group instantly the team most of the time will consist of suicidal ppl which runs ahead of me.

few minutes ago was my last attempt to pug 55 (from now own only with my guildies :X ) FP.

first the dpsers are all afk and I need to wait the entire countdown 4 times until one team is all ready.

next we get Mando Raiders HM which is damn pain due to the dogs with their epic dps there.

it's starts by getting to the first boss which I kill solo! the tank.. with tank gear... solo killing the main boss which after his death 1 dog still alive! ridicolous.

from there they started rushing ahead and 3-4 wipes later we got to the 2 turrets before the Team boss and the healer refuse to heal! just shooting stuff and getting me killed.

20k repairs bill I left them there and went for gsi \ makeb weeklys. no more pug grouping.

I used to suck bad when I started to play but for love of god when somone told me "plz don't do that" or "plz do that" I did and got better... it's really spoiling the fun.

I don't even start talking about operations... god... on my guild we do classic ones on HM with 4-5 ppl no problem at all while with pugs at 55 total wipe due to players lemming sense and that they refuse to read tactics in chat..

this sucks.

Yep, I used to pug a lot but with the release of 2.0, double xp, and f2p there has been a wave of players who are massively unprepared for getting to level 55 and working with groups. It's just the name of the game now. I mostly avoid running with pugs now, but when I do pug I make a note of the worst players and their guild tags, if any, and the next time I see someone recruiting for an operation I check their background.

nice tip Veg.

problem is that those FP are not that hard. me and my guildies did them day 1 with our old black hole set and this days ppl with 66 set that should have no problem at all doing stupid mistakes just AARRRGGHHHH.

From my experience, time in the FP queue seems to get shorter for dps lately. Sometimes I'm really surprised how quick I get a group. But in the same time, the groups got a bit worse. Before, when the queue took about an hour, I rarely had any problems and not finishing seemed unimaginable. Now I experience a bit more fails than I'd like to, but in general the groups are still very successful and quite capable.

Ops remain a problem, try to find a group via GF is a suicide mission because of terrible waiting time and big chance of fail. Things get significantly better when you get into group that's gathering from random people on the fleet. Often these groups consist of people which you get to know sooner or later if you participate in such ops. So more you do these pug Ops, the easier and more enjoyable it gets.

As one of those players who really only does pugs(Not in a real guild, just made one and don't yet have enough people), I find that 'premades', or just randomly gathering on fleet, usually works on fleet...for sm ops at least.

I never queue for flashpoints unless I have at least one other person to 'make up' for the group, as it becomes annoying to wipe because people who don't know what to do REFUSE to listen.

I have tried, and will probably continue trying, to run HM ops through premades. however each time it is only TFB and we fail at Op IX, as one or two players(DPS usually) either refuse to do things correctly(Like channeling when you're supposed to and such).

On a final note, before transfers opened I could tell you who I'd want in my raid groups, who to stay away from, and players who are good but have a really bad attitude. Now? Not so much, as Double XP has added to the list quite a bit. Hopefully pugging gets a little easier, but in the meantime my ignore list will grow longer.

I've recently started writing a blog about my PuG experiences..... My most recent PuG was last night, and went as follows: (prepare for wall of text)

Explosive Conflict Nightmare! (And it was only Hard Mode...)

So, I’d had a long day at work, gotten home and played with my kids a bit. Once I put them to bed, my wife started watching a movie and half falling asleep on the couch, so I decided I would try to get a little TOR-time in. I logged onto my level 55 Vanguard tank, and noticed almost immediately upon logging onto fleet, that a group was looking for a tank for Hard Mode Explosive Conflict. I figured, since I hadn’t completed my [WEEKLY] Classic Operations mission yet, this would be a decent way to get it done. Oh how wrong I was!

I joined the group, which was still looking for a healer and a dps. They found their last two members, and I went to enter the instance and had a message that the group’s progress was further along than mine. So I checked the lockouts, and noted that one of the dps players in the group was locked on Toth and Zorn. “Not a big deal…” I thought to myself… “That will just make this run a little shorter.” I said something in the chat regarding this, and the response from the Ops leader (who was the character that was locked out) says “Yes, I did it with my guild earlier before we quit. They are the hardest boss in this operation, so it’s really good that I already have them downed.”

I choked a little bit on my tongue at that moment, and responded in the chat “Actually, Toth and Zorn are the EASIEST boss in this operation. Just sayin….”

However, at that moment I decided it was a good time to Inspect Achievements. That led me to a terrible realization: 3 of the dps, and both healers had NEVER cleared Story Mode Explosive Conflict, let alone Hard Mode. I stopped in my tracks. I mention in the chat that I see we have quite a few people who have never done the operation. (No response)…. I then paste into the chat, the information for my Ventrilo server and state that I have absolutely no problem whatsoever explaining the fights and getting the new folks through the content, but that I would absolutely require that all of the people who were doing it for the first time be on Ventrilo. Upon posting my vent server information, I had a total of 5 people (including myself) join my server. One dps (the operations leader) and both of the healers did not join, and all 3 of them were first-timers. I mentioned the Ventrilo server a few more times, until I see typed in chat;

Healer ‘A’: “Dude, what is your hard-on for Ventrilo? We will be fine.”

SO… I gave up on it, and started pulling trash and giving little brief explanations as we went.

We enter the area where Firebrand and Stormcaller are. I explained the fight over Ventrilo to the fresh DPS that had joined the server, and the other tank, since it was his first time tanking it, although he had healed it many times. I then typed into the ops chat, in great detail, EXACTLY what everyone was supposed to do. Midway through explaining the fight via typed chat;

DPS ops leader: “That sounds really difficult, why don’t we all just kill one of them, then we kill the other one instead of trying to do them both at the same time.”

(It was at this moment that I realized why this player thought that Toth & Zorn were so difficult…)

Me: “You can’t do that easily, you have to fight them together, it really is the easiest way.”

And then I continued explaining the fight. Until a minute later;

Hard-headed dps ops leader: “Really, I say we just kill them one by one. Sounds like it would be a lot simpler than what you’re suggesting we do.”

I was at a loss for words, other than to say “If you want to try to do that at some point, be my guest, but it’s not going to be with this team, not on my repair bill dime.”

So after explaining the fight in great detail…. Making sure that the healer I was putting on Firebrand’s side got a detailed explanation how to Kite/Cleanse the missiles/spikes, and that everyone else knew very clearly that were supposed to NOT stand on the ground, NOT AoE under the shields, and how to handle the shield phase in general.

Genius dps ops leader: “Wait a minute… What is a cleanse? And what does that have to do with the missiles?”

Me: “That explanation was for the healer, you don’t have a cleanse because you are a Sentinel. The healer should know what I meant.”

/rc . . . . . . EVERYONE IS READY!

I jump up on Stormcaller. The other tank jumps up on Firebrand. All the dps jump up on their tanks. Firebrand’s healer stays on the ground. Stormcaller’s healer stays on the ground. I type quickly into the chat “You need to get up ON the tank, NOW.” But all he was doing, was standing there, focus-healing himself from the massive damage he was taking from the missiles/spikes dropping from the sky on him, since there were two people on the ground, instead of one, as I had clearly instructed. Neither me, nor the two dps on Stormcaller received a single heal, the healer shortly died, and I decided it was a wipe, and ran back to the door and typed /stuck.

Rage-inducing dps ops leader: “The healers really need to keep themselves bubbled, so they don’t take so much damage, and the tank on Stormcaller needs to hold agro so the boss doesn’t attack the healer.”

Me: “Actually, the healer on Stormcaller needed to be standing ON the tank on that side. That was the problem. He was taking damage he never should/would have taken if he was on the tank.”

Patience-draining dps ops leader: “Why would he get closer to the boss? He’s going to take more damage.”

Me: “Really? Are you asking me that? I just explained all of this, in great detail just mere moments ago. If you guys want me to continue, I need to have everyone on Ventrilo. Now.”

Stormcaller’s Healer: “I don’t need to be on vent. You guys handle the mechanics, and I will just heal.”

Me: “Gang, this fight is actually pretty easy. The next boss is more complicated, and the last boss is even more so. I need the new folks on Ventrilo if we are going to continue.”

Brain-damaged dps ops leader: “How hard can it really be? Let’s just do this.”

Me: “I’m really sorry guys. I don’t have the patience or the desire to rack up a 200k repair bill. I wish you all the best, but I am bowing out of this one.”

I logged out of the game, turned my computer off, and went downstairs to watch the rest of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with my wife.

Later that night, I logged on again but this time on my level 55 Mercenary. I immediately saw on Fleet that someone was looking for DPS for Story Mode Scum & Villainy, so I answered the call. I joined, we started a fresh run. One-shotted every boss and we were done in around 90 minutes.

Proof that PuG’ing is gambling.

Better than getting into an operation and having some loot ninja get in and need on every piece, and somehow wind up winning all of it. Then tells you to "stop qq"... really.... I carried your pathetic DPS and while you stood in everything and thats your response. The sorc had to pull him back when he kept trying to pull ahead of the tank.

Derps man ... :jawa_mad: