Armormech (beginner) resource question

tatatan

Hi there,

i started recently Armormech and noticed, there is a great need of Laminoid and Aluminium, particularly for schematics around 13 and 15 level. It is hard to get enough of it for training and progressing with the specialization.

Doing missions is too slow, since i need companion for fighting.

I have been able to scavenge some from dead robots in Hammerstation Flashpoint.

Q: is there any place (Dromund Kaas? Balmorra?) with enough robots that drop (scavenging) these resources?

Aluminum nodes don't seem to spawn as often as other types, but (Imperial) Balmorra should be a good place to look. If your schematics that use Desh and Silica are still yellow and you have a decent supply of those, you might keep making those to get your skill up and try to reach the schematics that use grade 2 mats. Bronzium nodes are all over the place.

Be sure to keep an eye out in low-level areas like in Dromund Kaas for level 13-15 droids who are not red or green, but yellow. They usually are strong droids, and yield Desh/Silica in the first area or two, but soon switch to Aluminium/Laminoid. They're also pretty easy to kill.

There are also a few nodes around the dark temple area, too, but it takes a bit of running around to find them all.

Hope this helps!