World Boss Respawn Time

fathersarges

Doesn't seem likely... A few players in my guild took down The First a couple days ago, and I took him down early the next day, roughly 12 hours later.

:confused:

(I suppose it's possible we arrived on separate instances of the planet... I wasn't paying attention)

Edited by JHarkrider

What is a World Boss? Is that the target of one of the planet quests or something else?

A Heroic World Boss is a very tough mob on each planet. Most planets have one, some have more than one (although I'm not certain if they're Sith/Republic specific, that's not yet clear to me).

They usually take a large operation group to take down, although you can take them if you're high enough level with just a tank and healer- most will take a decent-sized group though.

My guild does an event every Saturday called Slaughter Saturday where we get PUGs to go and kill as many as we can. It's fun! :) We got three last time- see the link in my sig for more about that. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I was under the impression that it could be different for some bosses and often between 2-4 hours. So unless they've changed it with a patch, we always used to be able to start on starter planets World Bosses and then make our way through them all and be able to revisit the earlier planets by the time we'd finished. Similarly when doing the rakghoul events, trapjaw was still on a 2-4hour timer.

They should make these spawnable the way that most quest bosses are now. For world bosses, throw in some sort of short quest to get a consumable item, or maybe a medium quest to get a reuseable item that you need to have in order to spawn the boss at his location.

• 11 months later...
I think it would be best if there were a mission giver near the WB location that will give the player a way to summon the WB, and the summon use has a cooldown of 12-24 hours. The item would be in the players mission items inventory.