Processed Isotope Stabilizer and Refined Isotope Stabilizer

Louisfranc

So it appears that Refined Isotope Stabilizer is no longer available in the game and everything has switched over to Processed Isotope Stabilizer as far as rewards. Dark Projects still require the Refined Isotope Stabilizer, which I believe is being phased out. Will the Processed Isotope Stabilizer eventually replace the Refined Isotope Stabilizer, or will those items that require Refined Isotope Stabilizer be uncraftable once the Refined Isotope Stabilizer supply is depleted?

So it appears that Refined Isotope Stabilizer is no longer available in the game and everything has switched over to Processed Isotope Stabilizer as far as rewards. Dark Projects still require the Refined Isotope Stabilizer, which I believe is being phased out. Will the Processed Isotope Stabilizer eventually replace the Refined Isotope Stabilizer, or will those items that require Refined Isotope Stabilizer be uncraftable once the Refined Isotope Stabilizer supply is depleted?

You can get Refined Isotope Stabilizer from the jawa scrap vendors...

EDIT: Iokath Recombinators are Available from Umbara Vendor

Despite this, the price of Dark Projects has tanked, even with the new absurd requirements for War Supplies....

K had it right... People are Dumb Panicky Animals.

Edited by Void_Singer

• 7 months later...

It is ridiculous that these drop only for certain groups. I prefer solo because of time restraints and I have taken the time since December 2011 to build my crafting up. Now everything I make in game soling or crafting is used for processed isotope stabilizers. This is ridiculous especially on the count you the developers have placed just to advance synthweaving, artifice etc.

I am gone 12 hours a day at work, maybe it is time to stop playting this game and wasting part of my paycheck.

It is ridiculous that these drop only for certain groups. I prefer solo because of time restraints and I have taken the time since December 2011 to build my crafting up. Now everything I make in game soling or crafting is used for processed isotope stabilizers. This is ridiculous especially on the count you the developers have placed just to advance synthweaving, artifice etc.

I am gone 12 hours a day at work, maybe it is time to stop playting this game and wasting part of my paycheck.

tbh if u spend 1h a week playing this game u cannot really complain about getting less rewards than someone who plays 2, doing solo content is perfectly fine as well, there are rewards the but it's quite logical that doing more difficult content should reward more

incase u weren't aware, swtor is a mmo, maybe u were confused about that?

• 3 weeks later...
tbh if u spend 1h a week playing this game u cannot really complain about getting less rewards than someone who plays 2, doing solo content is perfectly fine as well, there are rewards the but it's quite logical that doing more difficult content should reward more

incase u weren't aware, swtor is a mmo, maybe u were confused about that?

Your right but just because it's a mmo doesn't mean you have to play w other people.

But it is highly recommended you do geoup content you will get more mats :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad someone necroed this thread.

So as a returning player leveling all my 600s to 700 in crafting, things seem to have gotten kind of absurdly expensive in Onslaught. Especially around actually making useful gear.

First, there's (at least) two gates - Processed Isotope Stabilizers, which seem to drop from various events but kind of sparingly, and are not on the Jawas.

Second, and more of an issue, is the SRMs. SRM's are (AFAICT) *only* available by meeting weekly conquest, and are pretty meager in comparison to what you actually need to get better schematics. And they are quite expensive on the GTN.

My first reaction is that this totally kills crafting for those not supported by a big guild with lots of cash.

Am I wrong?

My first reaction is that this totally kills crafting for those not supported by a big guild with lots of cash.

not really, prices have increased gradually on items since less people farm the content that drops them, Isotopes is easy to explain and i am puzzled how ppl don't figure it out. they generally drop from flashpoints and during the first few months of 6.0 literally everyone ran them and farmed those flashpoints to increase their item level, thus the supply of materials was very high, now the supply is lower cause most people have geared

for the rest of your complains it's more about crafting becoming more useless, augments and kits really are the only things you can get high amount of profits from. sure there are small niche markets for cosmetic armors and there are a few crafters who makes 306 and other items scamming new players on gtn that buys them for several millions, but in reality crafting is just more competitive

gotta having several lvl 50 companions and farm a lot of the materials yourself to make decent profits, or just do insane amounts of quantities and buy cheap materials via gtn/trade chat

if you are crafting gear yourself by the way you are making a mistake, don't do it

if you are crafting gear yourself by the way you are making a mistake, don't do it

Yeah that much is clear. Given the amount of mats it will take to get each slot to 306 at a 10% schematic drop rate it's looking much cheaper to just buy gear.

So, basically, not entirely useless, but the phase we are in is that crafting is nice supplementary income from making and selling intermediate products and mats, but useless for gearing yourself due to sheer cost. Got it.

It's always been ridiculously, trivially easy to make money on the GTN; sounds like for now that's the only game for crafting and gearing yourself and your alts up is better done just from buying stuff with your crafting profits.

Edited by stoopicus

Yeah that much is clear. Given the amount of mats it will take to get each slot to 306 at a 10% schematic drop rate it's looking much cheaper to just buy gear.

So, basically, not entirely useless, but the phase we are in is that crafting is nice supplementary income from making and selling intermediate products and mats, but useless for gearing yourself due to sheer cost. Got it.

It's always been ridiculously, trivially easy to make money on the GTN; sounds like for now that's the only game for crafting and gearing yourself and your alts up is better done just from buying stuff with your crafting profits.

like gearing via crafting is fine if ur making insane quantities i guess and if u can trick ppl to buy your stuff on gtn, but generally the gear grind this tier is by far easier than previous so doing content is a lot smarter imo

yea i think so as well, this tier we are looking at a lot fewer items that can be sold for a decent price on gtn in large quantities so the competition is more fierce = more requirements to make decent profits and thus it's harder for new players to do while veterans can make a lot easily

Part of this might be that I spent a lot of time in EVE Online, where the market is basically a form pf PvP, but for years now SWTOR has amazed me with the lack of discretion people display in the GTN. It is so ridiculously easy to make tons of credits, you just need to play long enough to know what people are too lazy to deal with and sell that.

Like, right now, there are multiple items on fleet you can buy from vendors in bulk, walk 50 feet to the GTN terminal, and sell for a 40% profit. All day long if you like. People just can't be bothered.

Edited by stoopicus

So as a returning player leveling all my 600s to 700 in crafting, things seem to have gotten kind of absurdly expensive in Onslaught. Especially around actually making useful gear.

First, there's (at least) two gates - Processed Isotope Stabilizers, which seem to drop from various events but kind of sparingly, and are not on the Jawas.

Second, and more of an issue, is the SRMs. SRM's are (AFAICT) *only* available by meeting weekly conquest, and are pretty meager in comparison to what you actually need to get better schematics. And they are quite expensive on the GTN.

Am I wrong?

Possible ...but as for now I have 1000's of that thing with no use, just doing cq on couple chars. And all I need to craft I did already. Somebody may sell it cheap.

Processed Isotope Stabilizers are no problem to get, just a little slow compared to the number you need, and a timegate. The Solid Resource Matrices are much worse though, at fewer than 10/week/alt doing conquest, maybe more if in a conquest oriented guild. You need 8 or 12 for each try at schematics, with a 10-20% chance of a schematic drop.

And they are not cheap.

Am I wrong?

I got biochem and armortech to 700 the other day and that was it for me. I'm not leveling crafting anymore for anyone else. I have to craft one item to craft another item to craft another item and a lot of the mats have to be gotten from other sources than the crew skill missions and I have to disassemble those crazy material hungry items to get another material to craft the augment.

No wonder why everything is so stupid expensive. Why do they feel the need to make crafting so convoluted? It literally used to be you just need 3 mats to craft a purple item. You needed the greem blue and purple tier of that item from crew skill missions and thats it. You didn't have to craft and item in order to craft another item. It was nice and straight forward.

I'm much happier about it now that I have resigned myself to crafting being laughably busted as a personal gearing path. Now I just make intermediate ingredients and sell those where it makes sense, and mats. Rich lazy people with more money than time buy them and I make a massive profit. The market isn't nearly as competitive or efficient as some people say; it's really, really easy in fact.

As the old Gold Rush analogy goes, generally being the person selling tools to the miners is a good gig.

Edited by stoopicus