What legacy "inherited" abilities will there be?

Anysao

What legacy "inherited" are there? I mean they pass over from one class to another class in your family tree.

From what we know...

Sith warrior = force choke.

Bounty hunter = flamethrower.

Imperial agent = orbital bombardment.

Sith inquisitor = ? (lightning?)

Smuggler = the crotch kick (not sure of official name)

Trooper = ? (sticky grenade?)

Jedi consular = ? (telekinetic throw, or project?)

Jedi knight = ? (I've heard force sweep...?)

I can't seem to get on the test server (long download...)

Please clear this up, and name some other abilities too!

Ps- no videos, please. On an iPhone, can't read anything in vids.

What legacy "inherited" are there? I mean they pass over from one class to another class in your family tree.

From what we know...

Sith warrior = force choke.

Bounty hunter = flamethrower.

Imperial agent = orbital bombardment.

Sith inquisitor = ? (lightning?) Lightning Storm

Smuggler = the crotch kick (not sure of official name)

Trooper = ? (sticky grenade?) Yes

Jedi consular = ? (telekinetic throw, or project?) Project

Jedi knight = ? (I've heard force sweep...?) Yes

I can't seem to get on the test server (long download...)

Please clear this up, and name some other abilities too!

Ps- no videos, please. On an iPhone, can't read anything in vids.

Answers in red

Edited by Cuspin

You can check out Dulfy's guide too.

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/27/legacy-system-in-1-2/

Here is what she has posted.

Imperial Agent

/agent emote

Coordination buff

Legacy Orbital Strike

Bounty Hunter

/bountyhunter emote

Hunter’s Boon buff

Legacy Flamethrower

Sith Inquisitor

/inquisitor emote

Mark of Power buff

Legacy Lightning Storm

Sith Warrior

/warrior emote

Unnatural Might buff

Legacy Force Choke

Smuggler

/smuggler emote

Lucky Shots buff

Legacy Dirty Kick

Trooper

/trooper emote

Fortification buff

Legacy Sticky Grenade

Jedi Consular

/consular emote

Force Valor buff

Legacy Project

Jedi Knight

/knight emote

Force Might buff

Legacy Force Sweep

I unlocked the legacy system in PTS I have taken screen shots and recorded all that I saw.

Smuggler - Dirty Kick

Jedi Knight - Force Sweep

Jedi Consular - Project

Trooper - Sticky Grenade

Imperial Agent - Orbital Strike

Sith Warrior - Force Choke

Sith Inquisitor - Force Storm

Bounty Hunter - Flamethrower

They are class unlocks NOT AC unlocks so they are class abilities.

Anyone feel that they are biased towards Empire? All the Republic Heroic Abilities do half damage at most compared to the Empire ones.

EDIT: looked at the sorcerer ability and it is the force storm icon.... so... idunno. I am going to go recheck my facts real quick but it doesn't make sense to have an AC ability as a CLASS unlock. Hell it is just another reason to run empire rather than republic.

EDIT: I was wrong it is force storm... this doesn't make any sense... guess we will see assassins running around with force storm... so what was wrong with just giving them lightning? this makes zero sense.... why don't you just get rid of republic? Tired of throwing dirt, lame stories, and general bad outfit designs.

Edited by cyanidematt

I unlocked the legacy system in PTS I have taken screen shots and recorded all that I saw

They are class unlocks NOT AC unlocks so they are class abilities.

Anyone feel that they are biased towards Empire? All the Republic Heroic Abilities do half damage at most compared to the Empire ones.

EDIT: looked at the sorcerer ability and it is the force storm icon.... so... idunno. I am going to go recheck my facts real quick but it doesn't make sense to have an AC ability as a CLASS unlock. Hell it is just another reason to run empire rather than republic.

EDIT: I was wrong it is force storm... this doesn't make any sense... guess we will see assassins running around with force storm... so what was wrong with just giving them lightning? this makes zero sense.... why don't you just get rid of republic? Tired of throwing dirt, lame stories, and general bad outfit designs.

I prefer republic outfits sometimes.

And I don't know about biased, as it shares over all classes. And if you played KOTOR then you would know storm is actually a much stronger lighting. But bioware confirmed these too be more as toys, fun to use, and show off, but not to overpower anything. I'm sure they'll try to even it out as much as possible.

Thanks for the clear up, and they will probably change it to lightning later, or atleast up the consular's ability. Remember, it IS just the test.

I think I'd rather have orbital strike and force storm than the **** we're getting on Republic side.

Guess the imbalance continues. But hey, we can all just have empire abilities on our republic toons, so it's all even in the end, right?

yes, we'll see assassins running around with force storm for 1 minute every 20 minutes, outside of warzones, operations, and not grouped with more than 2 other people who are in range.

Maybe it's just me...but I fail to see how that is an issue at all...

Vanguards who have the Smuggler legacy will have 3 separate stuns that can't break early due to damage....is that also some huge problem? Personally, I think the addition of another stun is more useful.

Vanguards who have the Smuggler legacy will have 3 separate stuns that can't break early due to damage....is that also some huge problem? Personally, I think the addition of another stun is more useful.

I agree.

Sticky Grenade and Dirty Kick have me really excited, even if they're just for dailies.

Edited by Ginnem

Lightning storm seems a bit odd of a choice, since it's not an inquisitor skill, it's sorcerer specific.

Seems like warriors/consulars/bhs get the short end of the stick in this regard though.

For moves with short cooldowns like force project, can you use it continuously throughout the duration of Heroic Moment?

So, can class power unlocks be bought, or am I just f**ked because I chose at launch to play Republic on one server and Empire on another? This is something I have always done in MMORPGs.

Oh and btw I UNDERSTAND THE LEGACY SYSTEM IS PER SERVER. Bioware devs seem to keep telling me this every time I ask this question... I know this I knew it in November when Legacy was added at the end of beta.

What I want to know is can I BUY powers if I don't want to play say a Sith Inquisitor to get Force Lightning on my Republic server?

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Lightning storm seems a bit odd of a choice, since it's not an inquisitor skill, it's sorcerer specific.

Wait what? Lightning storm is a proc, 4th tier talent in sorcerer lightning tree, its not even an attack.. Can people fix the name to "force storm" please?

Edited by Karkais

I don't see the issue. These are Heroic Moment abilities that make PVE a tiny bit easier. I barely use my Heroic Moment as it is; maybe I will use it just a little bit more often just to use my inherited ability. But this isn't going to imbalance anything.

I am curious why they selected Force Storm for Inquisitor which is a Sorcerer-specific ability. If they did that, why not pick Force Quake for Consulars whch is a Sage-specific ability (and the mirror of Force Storm). But, in the end, these are really new "skills" to make your character stronger, just something fun with the legacy system.

Edited by Thaladar_SWTOR

Okay let me break down why I see this as a no no

representation: force storm grossly misrepresents the class as a whole. These abilities are class unlocks and should equally represent the class. Only one AC can use force storm therefor it is not an inquisitor move. Force Lightning IS an inquisitor move and is used on both ACs. Force lightning is infinitely more iconic than force storm.

Alt preference: When I look at these abilities and think of who I should roll next I can' help but think one thing: Empire. I see no reason to roll republic. The abilities are cool, powerful, and useful. I see no reason to run republic til the very end. So what happens when half of my faction is rolling empire for a heroic ability? I end up with 3/4 empire. Know what happens then? My faction stops playing because no one is on. I am already plagued with planets with only a handful of players and I have a feeling that it is going to be like that just because of little things like this.

Lore: Lightning is already difficult as is to master let alone smuggler with no training going around spamming a super version of it. I find this really annoying. They are constantly talking about immersion but always go back on it. No breaking the 4th wall? I'll point you to the Founder title. So I find it impossible to believe that any character that has a parent or rival or anything that is an ASSASSIN can go around channeling super lightning. Force choke would be difficult enough to master just by yourself with no training... force storm is just silly immersion wise

Heroic moments will have the potential to be expanded to a 2 minute duration with a 15 minute cooldown with all the companion archetypes "finished" that is

Power-wise: according to torhead a level 50 in greens can do around 4k damage over 3 seconds with force lightning to one target... it has a 6 sec cooldown. This same person would do around 2200 damage to every target in an 8-meter radius over 6 seconds with no cooldown. While you guys may say oh well lightning already does more.... yes it does.... to ONE enemy. You add in one more enemy and you are on equal grounds. Now lets take a normal pull of 3-5 enemies and you are dishing out 6600-11000 damage. That is not counting in crits.... now pair this with the fact that you can do this for upwards of 2 minutes and you are dealing with some serious power. At least lightning is controllable. Hell Orbital Strike has a CD.

I have one other issue but it is an issue with the system as a whole. Will legacy abilities have costs? Will they deal the same baseline damage and have the same effects, cooldowns, and durations as their cloned ability? If so I can only think of one thing.... How do you balance costs with classes that have a static regen vs ones that have a regen based on ammo/energy? Does this mean that one orbital strike as a trooper and I am below my full regen rate? Am I going to not be able to spam the ability like a sage would?

EDIT: after some thought I came to realize that I was thinking of this backwards. A sage taking 1/5 hit to the resources is more harsh than a trooper/smuggler taking 1/5. Actually I believe they would still be in side their full regen rate after that. So that makes me think that if a heroic moments cost resources they will be recalculated. Maybe 4 ammo for a trooper or maybe they will go the other way and have them cheap for the fixed regen classes. At any rate, just another question I suppose. How will they handle heroic ability costs?

Anyways. Those are my reasons and issues. I hope that we can keep things civil and be understanding (a lot to ask from anything internet-based)

Edited by cyanidematt

Alt preference: When I look at these abilities and think of who I should roll next I can' help but think one thing: Empire. I see no reason to roll republic. The abilities are cool, powerful, and useful. I see no reason to run republic til the very end. So what happens when half of my faction is rolling empire for a heroic ability? I end up with 3/4 empire. Know what happens then? My faction stops playing because no one is on. I am already plagued with planets with only a handful of players and I have a feeling that it is going to be like that just because of little things like this.

While I agree with the rest of your post...this is just really not true. While it is true that the Empire abilities are flashier, they are not as useful.

Heroic moments are either 20 min, or 15 min long cooldowns...unless you are very odd, you are using them on bosses only.

So, during a boss fight (while solo) what is going to help me survive the fight more...standing there screwing up my entire rotation & possibly regen by using force storm, or stunning the boss for a few seconds?

Groin kick is the best ability on the list for helping you take down a tough boss...though it is less useful for ranged classes.

While I agree with the rest of your post...this is just really not true. While it is true that the Empire abilities are flashier, they are not as useful.

Heroic moments are either 20 min, or 15 min long cooldowns...unless you are very odd, you are using them on bosses only.

So, during a boss fight (while solo) what is going to help me survive the fight more...standing there screwing up my entire rotation & possibly regen by using force storm, or stunning the boss for a few seconds?

Groin kick is the best ability on the list for helping you take down a tough boss...though it is less useful for ranged classes.

I predict that they will replace it with force lightning anyways, so, in total:

We have an instant-use medium hitting ability (project), a 3-second-channeled powerful ability (lightning) a group channeled effect (flamethrower), a group instant-use powerful ability (force sweep), a Melee stun (dirty kick), a powerful "timed" ability (sticky grenade), a channeled powerful stun (choke), and a very powerful area of effect (orbital bombardment).

So, FINALLY, that's about one of each ability.

yes, we'll see assassins running around with force storm for 1 minute every 20 minutes, outside of warzones, operations, and not grouped with more than 2 other people who are in range.

Maybe it's just me...but I fail to see how that is an issue at all...

I concur I defiently want that Dirty Kick on my Guardian....=)

Edited by JoeOrno