Flashpoint and Heroic don't scale?

Heroic Quest's and Flashpoints, like several other MMO's which failed, are basically irrelevant once you've exceeded that area's intended rank. Why would they make a design that doesn't allow for a player to play the game in any order he see's fit instead to have the "right amount of challenge" he MUST progress in a limited fashion? If one levels too quickly the challenge will be gone just like that, it is shame that that content will be wholely irrelevant once the players reach level-cap.

These things would be cool to come back to [later on when I'm tired of PvP] other than to "watch" or to do once and then move on.

These small instances are obviously a fairly large chunk of development, it seems pointless for them have NO CHALLENGE and NO REWARD for anyone who outranks the area ranks requiremnet.

Unless I'm missing something, these instances should be playable at ANY rank and reward appropriately. I'm talking about scaling REWARD and CHALLENGE to the player or groups real rank. Seems do able to me, does anyone agree?

/cheers

It is fairly annoying, especially when you come in from CoH where, even though you do have quests only being offered for a certain level range, you also have those same quests scale according to your level within that range - instances with mob levels depending on PC level when quest was taken and _mob numbers_ depending on how many players there are grouped for that instance.

I could definitely see how this approach would make things more challenging, rewarding and interesting for things like FPs and Heroics.

Definately a good idea, or if not scaling, at least making end game difficulties of the flashpoints like The game that shall not be named did with VanClief. That was a good move imo.

Just say WoW. The developers have stated that a lot of their inspiration comes from WoW so you might as well just type it out.

It is fairly annoying, especially when you come in from CoH where, even though you do have quests only being offered for a certain level range, you also have those same quests scale according to your level within that range - instances with mob levels depending on PC level when quest was taken and _mob numbers_ depending on how many players there are grouped for that instance.

I could definitely see how this approach would make things more challenging, rewarding and interesting for things like FPs and Heroics.

Never played it but the suggestion sounds excellent.

The flashpoints do have a heroic difficulty level for when you reach level cap (although I read that some of them are bugged, the intention is for them to be there).

Although I agree that the level scaling dynamic sounds interesting, it´s not the idea of the game. You are supposed to follow a path of progression to reach endgame flashpoints and operations. I don´t know how CoH works, but from what you tell I guess it´s a sandbox game, while this is a theme-park game... different dynamics.