Force Regen Bonus..... ??

maracole

Ok so after some reading and asking of guildies, there is no apparent way to increase your regen bonus rate, either through gear or skill (unless you nerf your healing).

So... would Bioware please put in an item of some sort, skill perhaps, some way to increase the bonus regen rate.

Thankyou :)

There's no real reason. Everything has a static cost and a static regeneration rate, not to mention that every spec has some mechanism that allows you to, when properly played, never run out of Force. Seer gets Valiance + Resplendence for Noble Sacrifice. TK gets Telekinetic Effusion and Concentration. Balance gets Psychic Barrier and Telekinetic Balance (seriously, TkT is a net *gain* of 10 Force for Balance by default and it still hits like a truck). A properly played Sage is pretty much impossible to bottom out their Force with.

So out of curiosity, whats your spec, i am currently 31/7/3, perhaps i'm specced wrong ?

You should probably max out penetrating light and have one point in either pain barrier or jedi resistance, but other than that your spec is great. Keeping your force up is more about technique, and knowing when to noble sacrifice.

You should probably max out penetrating light and have one point in either pain barrier or jedi resistance, but other than that your spec is great. Keeping your force up is more about technique, and knowing when to noble sacrifice.

I plan on using 32/7/2 (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600rGrRrd0dGzZf00MZ0M.2), but I wonder whether 1% crit chance on Force Powers (Penetrating Light), or 1% increased healing (Wisdom) is more beneficial in PvP (ignoring the Presence from Wisdom since it does nothing in PvP).

1% more crit means 1/100 of the time I deal ~75% more healing (Surge at 75%), which gives an overall bonus healing of 75/100 = 0.75% bonus healing while Wisdom gives a flat 1% increase (which I am unsure if that applies before or after Surge). If I'm correct, then Penetrating Light isn't really worth maxing.

In his build, he goes for the 1% reduced damage (Jedi Resistance) over the 1% extra healing crits (which give about 0.75% bonus healing from my calculations). I'm not sure which ends up being more beneficial there, though.

• 2 weeks later...

The crit is extremely powerful. The more crit you provide(same purpose for mainstat) the more power you get from lack of crit rating. If you don't know that is because crit rating is a direct competitor to power rating in all but augs where mainstats is not. So if you want to raise your DPS consider the crit bonus.

Think about this. Every point of crit rating it takes to get 1% of crit is converted directly to power at whatever lv you are at. That varies but that is still a good bit of power rating.

Edited by Aital