FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

Potfish

SO they FINALLY fixed Full Auto...

They only fixed the Commando/Mercenary talent which adds pushback resistance; the extended delay before anything happens and frequent misfires still plague the ability.

And the rest of us who don't have that talent still have to endure a two-damage-tick ability.

Edited by Cavadus

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only fixed the Commando/Mercenary talent which adds pushback resistance; the extended delay before anything happens and frequent misfires still plague the ability.

And the rest of us who don't have that talent still have to endure a two-damage-tick ability.

^^ This

I don't lose ticks from pushback anymore, but there is still a good 1 sec delay between initiating the ability and the ability actually doing any damage. Mortar Volley.. still 1.5 seconds between the start of the cooldown bar and the first tick of dmg.

It's a difference between advance class. My Commando was taking out standard mobs at that level with 1 mortar volley. I think Merc/Commando's volley does more damage than Vanguard's generally. Also are your stats exactly the same?

They're not exactly the same.....my Vanguard actually had about 10 more aim than my Mercenary. I PVP'd on my Trooper so I could buy the sweet level 20 pieces, and just skipped it on my Mercenary.

My roommate levels his Commando side-by-side my Vanguard, and even he can't one-shot with his Mortar Volley. Not sure if you out gear us by a mile, but I doubt we'll ever know.

My Vanguard is 31 now

They're not exactly the same.....my Vanguard actually had about 10 more aim than my Mercenary. I PVP'd on my Trooper so I could buy the sweet level 20 pieces, and just skipped it on my Mercenary.

My roommate levels his Commando side-by-side my Vanguard, and even he can't one-shot with his Mortar Volley. Not sure if you out gear us by a mile, but I doubt we'll ever know.

My Vanguard is 31 now

I probably did out-gear you since I used all orange gear with appropriate level, mostly purple modifications as I leveled up. AIM isn't the only thing to consider though, tech power plays a roll too. Generators tend to offer more tech power than Shields if you were using a shield, but if your commando friend was similarly geared as well it's tough to say.

I haven't had experience with BH since beta, but one thing I will admit is that Death from Above flows much better than Volley as is the point of most of this thread, and it also has a much better animation. If somehow it does more damage as well, then... I wouldn't be too surprised really.

For me it's astonishing how differently PowerTechs / Vanguards are playing.

Everything is so smooth with the PT compared to the Vang.

Besides Full Auto and Mortar Strike, we all know, check out Rocket Punch compared with Stockstrike.

To me there is a huge difference....Rocket punch seems like a drive by hitting, with stockstrike it seems my character stays still before executing it.

Maybe I'm just overly sensitive, but as a melee strafer it makes a huge difference to me.

Just read the patch notes on test server.

/sigh

I don't really play my trooper anymore, I hit 50 a few weeks ago and basically shelved it, except when I need to make mods for my alts. Can we please get an update on when this is going to get fixed?

Hi Everyone,

We have additional information regarding the Mortar Volley animation from Georg Zoller:

The post and discussion can be found in this thread: 1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?

We have a new set of animations in the development pipeline that will even the timing between the class abilities, yes.

As for timing, at the latest these new animations will roll out with the next major content patch, 1.2.

Hi Everyone,

We have additional information regarding the Mortar Volley animation from Georg Zoller:

The post and discussion can be found in this thread: 1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?

God bless you Sir!!!

I mean that honestly with no hint of sarcasm. Replies like the above mean SO MUCH to your customers. Forget the periodic Q & A's where 10~ questions are addressed out of what must be hundreds. Whether justified or not, those kind of come off as "cherry picked" questions; easy ones you can make an encouraging response to. Here though with but a quick 2 or 3 line response you have taken an objective, legitimate and verifiable complaint with 10+ pages of customers and (just in this one thread alone no less) you have made, at least this one (and I would hazard to say the great majority of those who posted), feel as though you have personally acknowleded this concern and given concrete hope that it WILL be fixed (and fairly soon to boot). Where as if I were sitting here day after day wondering if this issue would be addressed next week, next year or if ever thats definitely a check in the column of "save my $15". With but the minute or two it took you to tap out your response you have given so many a concrete reason for hope and wiped that negative point off the board.

I BEG you guys to employ this same technique as liberally as you can up and down these forums. There are plenty of subjective complaints all over, we are all well aware. Things like, "<insert class here> are over powered, nerf them immediately or I proclaim doom for TOR" are in no short supply and are the kind of posts that anyone who has any prior MMO experience has seen non-stop. No one with a modicum of logic or experience in the genre expect you guys to jump in the sea of tears to try and placate such obtuse and broad complaints as a priority. Class balance is no quick fix by any stretch and, speaking for myself at least, it is one area you guys have done a very good job of just coming out of the gate at launch even. At least as well as any MMO player could reasonably expect. Simple objectively verifyable issues like the one addressed in this thread (and several others) are something that the logically minded do expect a relatively quick fix to though and it's when we don't see any acknowledgment from a customer rep that the door for assumptions is left wide open. Which breeds growing discontent, dwindling hope, and eventually cancelled subs. No one is expecting you guys to personally tap out a pleasing response to every little whim or complaint but when such an issue as this one is spoken of by so many I feel that we as your customers have a legitimate right to expect just such a response as you have provided us here and again, in so doing (at least in my mind), you have removed it as a potential strike against your fine product because I KNOW now it is being addressed.

We've all heard the phrase, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", and indeed it does generally hold true. Of course you'd never expect people to flock to the forums to sing your praises in a volume similar to the complaints no matter how close your game approaches perfection. The forums of MMOs are pretty well known to be the constantly updating catalog of what a vocal minority consider to be the flaws of your product. Your pat on the back will be steady and rising numbers of subscriptions and the reliable and growing income there from. That of course is a given. Your praises will be sung word of mouth to our family, friends, coworkers, etc. No MMO will ever be called perfect but MMO's that at least consistantly strives for it are the ones the customer base will handle the advertising and PR for. It's the little blurbs of acknowledgment as you have provided here in this case that are the direct evidence you are giving your "advertising team" the selling points with which to "make the sale". WoW was the first MMO I ever really had much interest in and it is SOLELY because my coworkers just would not shut up about it, for weeks I would BEG them to shut up and get some work done until the day I bought it and then couldn't shut up about it. Mr. T, Chuck Norris and Capt. Kirk could never have sold me that game, the two guys I spent 8+ hours with day in and day out did with relative ease though. Bravo guys, I just can't stress enough how much the comments like you have provided here concerning this issue mean to us and by extension the effort you have extended us in communication will show returns to you as well.

We WANT this game to succeed, it's why we bought the game and pay our monthlies and come here TO voice our concerns. You have such a huge potential base here in the Star Wars franchise. Do this right and you can only see this game soar in it's success. I mean your market is everyone who likes Star Wars (there's a few I think ;P) and owns a PC with an internet connection (I'm gonna hazard a guess and say there's a few there as well ;P). LOL?!?! Look at what has come of a player base that at least started as those who enjoyed an RTS PC game (with relatively plain jane graphics but pretty decent play and replayability)!!!

TL;DR -

In my lay opinion, when it comes to customer relations regarding the mild to moderate flaws you guys are working to resolve, a direct and "personal" response from a rep like you have provided us here regarding this particular issue is the single most important action you can provide us to lay our anxieties to rest and squash the rumor mill that inevitably follows to fill the vaccuum of a lack of official response. Again I can't stress the importance of just such a response when it comes to your customer's and by extension you the producer's satisfaction, enjoyment and consistantcy of such a fickle product as an MMO in general. Keep up the good work guys! Though the issue may still exist today we now know without a doubt that it won't for much longer which is enough to keep my monthly $15 rolling your way :).

Edited by Mayams

-Two separate classes. Trying to say that abilities from different classes should be the exact same because they look/name similar is foolish. You have no idea of what balancing issues BW had in mind for how these abilities work. The class is more than just the sum of one/two abilities.

-Read what I said, there is a difference between "channeled" and "concentrated." Full Auto is a concentrated spell.

while I mostly agree with what you said, it's obvious that every single class has a pretty obvious mirror. Can't really blame people for being frustrated with there cannons taking a long time to shoot, and an even longer time when any amount of damage is being done to them (before an inevitable break of the spell)

• 1 year later...

Full Auto is still broken (still = from game release), gg bioware.

Very often when activated, character is standing doing nothing and finally shooting once at the very end of casting Full Auto, dealing maybe 1/4 of this ability damage as result.

Edited by DiabloPL

Full Auto is still broken (still = from game release), gg bioware.

Very often when activated, character is standing doing nothing and finally shooting once at the very end of casting Full Auto, dealing maybe 1/4 of this ability damage as result.

Honestly, the only time that I see this happen on my toon now is when I try to use Full Auto relatively quickly after using Tech Override. Seems like if you use TO to get off 2 instant GR, the timer is still ticking on those GR cast times and fouls up the FA cast.

Oh, and btw, HOLY NECRO!!!!