More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

KhalDrogoe

Seeing as 1.4 is around the corner, I want to raise awareness on this issue again.

Just give it up. You could have levelled 3 characters to chapter 2 since your first post about this. Bioware isn't going to remove the legacy buffs people have earned. The adrenals and relics don't compare, they were giving players a huge, brief, stat surge (and causing one crew skill to be considerably better than others). Those don't compare to one to three extra 5% passive buffs that you will have most of the time through your teammates in a warzone anyways.

Bioware would have to be stupid beyond belief to put the buffs for sale for credits. Those buffs (along with the presence boost) are the holy grails of the legacy system! Everything else about legacy is just fluff. Most of it's crap. Put the buffs for sale and they should just kill the entire legacy system.

They're the primary reasons I've spent an enormous amount of time to level up three alts. Take those away from warzones, or make it so anyone could just buy them, I'll rage quit. Different class stories are nice, but alone are not enough motivation for me to grind out other characters. That time I could've spent on one character maxing out gear like you obviously have OP. In fact, I probaby would have unsubbed by now if I didn't have alts.

I think you're lucky you only need chapter 2 finished to get them. It's ironic the heroic moment ability and emote are at chapter 3 completion, like someone at Bioware actually thinks those are better.

Edited by RAVM

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the dumb QQ on the PvP boards, this thread ranks up there with the best of them. What it amounts to the typical lazy MMO player mindset of, "I'm too lazy to do it, so no one else should have it."

Chapter 2 can be completed around level 30-32, for the legacy class buffs. If that's really all you're concerned about, it only takes a few days to level up an alt that far. Even the average gamer can level up a few alts to this point in less than 2 weeks.

This game awards playing alts through the legacy system, and there are rewards for doing so. Quit your whining.

If you are PvPing in a PuG and the worst problem you have is missing a few buffs, that is an exceptional PuG.

Even in a PuG many people will periodically hit their buff to make sure everyone has it. I know I do on both my Republic and Empire characters.

In an organized PvP group this should never be a problem.

It is mostly a reward when soloing, especially when leveling new characters.

Edited by Erasimus

• 1 month later...
1.5 came around, and you still cannot buy the class buffs with cartel coins even! ***!?

I think they are trying to leave some reason to consume content in place. Never been easier to level for what its worth. Level 40 or so and you are good to go.

That said, they probably could make use for having high legacy level, such as accessing your other toons companions and crew skils at 50; then let your purchase the buffs.

In 1.3, we saw the removal of Biochem's adrenals from WZ's. So thus making it more fair to people who didn't want to have Bio on their PvP toon.

However now there is a SIGNIFICANT boost to players through the legacy system of class buffs. For someone that doesn't like leveling characters and will stick with their 1 toon despite how underpowered they are, they are limited to 1 class buff.... their own.

Why is it that people that reroll each new FOTM get's the advantage of having all of the buffs to re-buff themselves after they die giving them an edge over the people that do not have that.

Some possible solutions:

1) Make the legacy ability purchasable with credits (Like EVERY other legacy perk/buff except the buffs gained from grinding out all your companions affection ((which still is grindable with credits in an indirect way)))

2) Disable the ability to buff other classes buff for RWZ's. So instead of forcing people to buy the buffs to stay competitive, everyone just has to deal without (must as the case with the biochem adrenals)

Does anyone else see how this can make a huge difference in a warzone :rolleyes:

hahahahahahaha...........hahahahhaha.....hold on.....hahahahahaha!!!!

quit being lazy and roll another class or don't die. Don't knock people for actually having the audacity to level another class and benefit from it.

In 1.3, we saw the removal of Biochem's adrenals from WZ's. So thus making it more fair to people who didn't want to have Bio on their PvP toon.

However now there is a SIGNIFICANT boost to players through the legacy system of class buffs. For someone that doesn't like leveling characters and will stick with their 1 toon despite how underpowered they are, they are limited to 1 class buff.... their own.

Why is it that people that reroll each new FOTM get's the advantage of having all of the buffs to re-buff themselves after they die giving them an edge over the people that do not have that.

Some possible solutions:

1) Make the legacy ability purchasable with credits (Like EVERY other legacy perk/buff except the buffs gained from grinding out all your companions affection ((which still is grindable with credits in an indirect way)))

2) Disable the ability to buff other classes buff for RWZ's. So instead of forcing people to buy the buffs to stay competitive, everyone just has to deal without (must as the case with the biochem adrenals)

Does anyone else see how this can make a huge difference in a warzone :rolleyes:

First off: Biochem was the only crafting profession nerf'd because of PVP. Now Cybertech claims an unfair advantage in PVP with grenades. Allow Biochem adrenals.... and your statement to this effect is a moot point.

Additionally, you obviously didn't play the game when legacy first started.

This was the WHOLE premise for Legacy being started.

You are asking them to change a system that they implemented during a time frame you didn't play the game. How is that fair to the rest of us who played since beta and put in the time it took to grind out 4 level 40's to get all 4 class buffs.

Sorry but there is no solution you can provide that would be fair to the "life time subscribers" you are obviously not a part of.

Incidently I'm working on my 5th level 50 and I still don't have all 4 buffs. Why should you be spoonfed without putting in the work to get the perk?

This isn't wow. Sometimes you have to grind things out to get what you want.

Edited by Ahebish

1.5 came around, and you still cannot buy the class buffs with cartel coins even! ***!?

Why the @$@ would it? In case you didn't notice, only the Legacy stuff that was available for credits and unlocked outside the specific Republic/Imperial pages is now alternatively available for coins. They'll never sell the buffs for coins, they aren't that stupid!

Edited by RAVM