Tales of the Healer

Asvarduil

Hello, everyone!

I like YouTube, and I like PvP videos. When I found few PvP videos for SWTOR, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Now, I've been recording a few episodes of Tales of the Healer for League of Legends, which is a great game for PvP. However, given that many 5v5 matches in that game can take 45 minutes (and be horribly long uploads), I decided to give recording a SWTOR match a try.

Voidstar Match as Captain Kruhnch [The Ebon Hawk]

Voidstar Match as Captain Kruhnch [The Ebon Hawk] :rak_03:

As always, I love constructive criticism, it makes A) PvP, and B) record videos better! If something sucks, tell me how to make it anti-suck!

Edited by Asvarduil

Video is nice, comments is very entertaining :)

Glad you liked it. Since it was (by comparison to LoL) a snap to make the videos, I'm going to try to do one of these a week, if possible. Otherwise, I can stick to my 'once per two weeks' recording schedule.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just a little suggestion, try putting in some keybinds to your abilities, notice you click every ability which is a giant time sink and very slow, you will be able to respond to things a lot faster

Will do - between videos, I've been trying out different keybind patterns, trying to find something that works better. I always get [5] (Slow Release Medpack) and [6] (Emergency Medpack) mixed up, often at the worst possible time. Gotta do something about that. I should probably have Vanishing Act on keybind as well, since that's one that I find myself needing fairly often. But, I could talk about possibilities all day; I'll experiment much more - thanks for the feedback!

Might have come across you in the past couple of days. Leveled a sorc named Nirvana. Always fun to watch videos of people on the same server.

It's more than possible...I think I remember Nirvana in a couple of matches. :( I don't typically do well against Sorcs, so you most likely cleaned my clock pretty good. But one day, I'll get you! (Actually, that'll never happen. But I'll probably be healing the guy that gets you!)

Edited by Asvarduil

Will do - between videos, I've been trying out different keybind patterns, trying to find something that works better. I always get [5] (Slow Release Medpack) and [6] (Emergency Medpack) mixed up, often at the worst possible time. Gotta do something about that. I should probably have Vanishing Act on keybind as well, since that's one that I find myself needing fairly often. But, I could talk about possibilities all day; I'll experiment much more - thanks for the feedback!

Here are my keybindings as an example.

WASD :  Move keys
Q: Stun.
Z: Snare.
E: Heal.
F: The other heal.
G: Diagnostic scan.
X: Enemy target.
C: Friendly Target (character pane renampped: V)

MB1 : Huttballs.
MB2: Emergency whatever.
MB3: Medpacks.
MB6 : Group heal.
MB:9  Interrupt.
MB10: Jump.
MB12: Out of combat heal.

ALT+Z: Buff.
ALT+V: Adrenal.
ALt+C: MedPack.

MBScrollClick: Roll into cover.
MB5: Evasion.
ALT+MB5:  Defense screen.
ALT+MB8:  Disappearing act.

Edited by Blasphemerr

First things first. In the new warzone, when you collect the orbs you need to run them back to your own pylon to get points. The debuff you're waiting for is how long you can take running it back to your pylon.

As far as key binding go, a gaming pad like the G13 is a huge benefit. it says 79.99 but I picked mine up at bestbuy for 39.99. With this I don't need a gaming mouse, just a regular mouse with 2 thumb buttons. Thumb stick for movement and use one of your mouse buttons as a shift key. Easy learning curve, naturally rest your left hand on it and have no end of keybindings that make sense.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

A tip for healing with a scoundrel. CROUCH. You can crouch just like the snipers can, making you immune to leap attacks and grapple as well as giving you a defensive bonus. You can still heal, attack, and cap nodes while crouched so practice using it all the time. The roll function can also be handy for quickly getting out of tights places, or those death from above attacks you hate so much.

First things first. In the new warzone, when you collect the orbs you need to run them back to your own pylon to get points. The debuff you're waiting for is how long you can take running it back to your pylon.

As far as key binding go, a gaming pad like the G13 is a huge benefit. it says 79.99 but I picked mine up at bestbuy for 39.99. With this I don't need a gaming mouse, just a regular mouse with 2 thumb buttons. Thumb stick for movement and use one of your mouse buttons as a shift key. Easy learning curve, naturally rest your left hand on it and have no end of keybindings that make sense.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

A tip for healing with a scoundrel. CROUCH. You can crouch just like the snipers can, making you immune to leap attacks and grapple as well as giving you a defensive bonus. You can still heal, attack, and cap nodes while crouched so practice using it all the time. The roll function can also be handy for quickly getting out of tights places, or those death from above attacks you hate so much.

FuriousFuzz - thanks! Did not know that about the buff in Ancient Hypergate! I'll record another AH match showing how to do it right.

I'll take the gumbies more seriously when I see them - so far I've been valuing my mobility over cover, but if it helps keep those icky Sithies off me, it's a tactic I'll gladly use!

Finally, I'll check that gaming board out. Great advices that you'll soon see put to use!

New match

I play as a lowbie Jedi Sage and talk about some helpful tricks for new PvPers out there to keep in mind! They're great tricks for any level of play. When in doubt, back to the basics!

I also get trolled by Snipers and Sorcerers a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright friends and viewers, I know it's been a while since I last posted, and that's because I gave up making Tales of the Healer videos. The Imperials are just too good! They kick our puny, Republic bottoms every time with impunity. I just have to give up here.

Can my rampant healer-trolling win us this Ancient Hypergate match, or will I wind up paying the Troll Toll?