Remove Vectron BL-37 Zephyr from collections or remove certificates

PhantomAxe

Really disappointed that after XX Cartel Packs, I finally hit Legend with Bounty Supply Company Vendor, get the Vectron BL-37 Zephyr, only to find it has no Legacy Unlock option.

So I think any items which don't have this option should be removed from collections as its misleading, either that or remove the certificates all together, they are unnecessary, I think its enough to reach Legend!

:mad:

wait what? i just got back to the game yesterday and saw that piece of awesomeness and wanted to get it, specially when i thought i could do the legacy unlock since it was in the collection thingimabob and your saying its it can be unlocked for all chars like i did with the Czerka pod racer?

wow that makes it so not worth going for then. that sucks....

Edited by Smoochi

Guys, if you hover your mouse over it, it specifically states that additional copies of this can only be purchased at the vendor. No collection unlock. The same for all the old chestpieces they embargoed and put on the CM vendor. So you can't claim that you "didn't know" and "wasted" your certificates. :rolleyes:

Besides. After opening that many packs, you should have easily 10-15 certs, which is enough for 2-3 of these things. Just send the certs over to your other character and buy one.

All items available for unlock have special symbol on them, and this vehicle didn't have that box with arrow thingie on it. There was nothing misleading about it. If you cannot pay attention to icons, read mouseover text etc, who is to blame, but you?

There are many items in collections that are not available for unlock - cartel armors with mods, all cartel-reputation gear and companion customization, PTS titles and so on. Guess, reading terms before purchase is an art that is hard to master.

Guys, if you hover your mouse over it, it specifically states that additional copies of this can only be purchased at the vendor. No collection unlock. The same for all the old chestpieces they embargoed and put on the CM vendor. So you can't claim that you "didn't know" and "wasted" your certificates. :rolleyes:

Besides. After opening that many packs, you should have easily 10-15 certs, which is enough for 2-3 of these things. Just send the certs over to your other character and buy one.

And, tbh, it isn't very expensive at all given what you are getting. I think it is 100k and it is one of the coolest speeders in the game.

Thats my point, so whats the use of having them in collections in the first place???

It's a valid question. I don't think that character with unlocked speeder need another copy of it. So what is the point of having it in collections if it can't be unlocked? Loving collection but this solution is quite pointless.

Maybe BW thinks it will work like an ad for having more cartel packs?

Edited by Mike_Bluesky

The unique vendor stuff has never been unlockable for collections. It says so on the description of the item in collections. Items without the CM symbol are generally not eligible for unlocking through collections (although if you get an item for the vendor that is also available in CM packs, this is an exception). You could have asked in chat and gotten that answer. There are several threads on here about this, so you could have spent a couple of minutes and found the answer. Basically, you assumed something, didn't bother to look into it, and assumed incorrectly. So you supposedly set out to obtain this item without first determining whether your assumption was correct. That's your fault, not BW's. More importantly, if you're claiming you bought all the CM packs it would take to hit legend standing just for this 1 vehicle, then I'm calling BS.

So I think any items which don't have this option should be removed from collections as its misleading, either that or remove the certificates all together, they are unnecessary, I think its enough to reach Legend!

Certificates have other purposes, such as being able to buy certain popular items from packs and embargoed items.

Thats my point, so whats the use of having them in collections in the first place???

It's in there for tracking purposes because some people like to "collect" things.

I honestly don't see the harm in them actually letting us unlock stuff like that through Collections once we've made the original purchase with certificates.

Some points that work in favor of allowing these to be unlocks (IMO at least):

- The Certificates are used across all Cartel factions (AKA currently both the Resale Corp and the Bounty Supply).

- The Certificates are rare enough that it'd be pretty hard to get every item from those vendors even once.

- I'm pretty sure it'd be a positive thing for them rather than a negative one, there are all too many people willing to spend more CC to unlock some of these items across their Collection, and this is something that they can only do with CC as opposed to getting more packs which they can get off the GTN.

Not to mention a lot of people are probably unwilling to gamble even more to get another copy of the item that they like, Bioware would probably have an easier time "suckering" them into spending even more CC/money with these unlocks.

Especially if they keep adding new, well stocked vendors like they have been.

this should be in the suggestion box not general cause you prove a good point. i was disappointed when i needed to buy packs just to owned the ride and cant even account unlock it like the rest. a complete money grab.

Give the man a cookie, you speak of money grab, i would even dare to say "a legal SCAM tactic" totally designed for the lesser minded players. i don't mind the cartel shop selling items, but the packs are a plain scam in my eye. other stuff is ok by me, you know 100% what you buy BUT with the packs all you know is how many rare and prot you get BUT witch that's a total gamble.

so whats the use of having them in collections in the first place???

Derp alert incoming ------> So you can get a replacement for your character should you ever do a nutty and delete it or lose it some other way (before you equip it).

Yes folks.. stranger things have happened. By putting items in Collections for character reinstantiation.. they save them selves a boat load of CS tickets for nut ball behaviors by players.

Edited by Andryah

Really disappointed that after XX Cartel Packs, I finally hit Legend with Bounty Supply Company Vendor, get the Vectron BL-37 Zephyr, only to find it has no Legacy Unlock option.

:mad:

So I don't do the cartel bounty thing... does earning the faction level give your entire legacy the faction access for the item?

If not.. there's your answer. Because if it's character specific faction, giving a Collections unlock would defeat the design of the faction mechanics.

If so... then your answer is they made it relatively low cost (100K really IS chump change in this game) and freely accessible to any character in your legacy. Unlike the multiple millions of dollars in credits you pay for a Morlinger or a Meditation Chair, etc. etc. on the GTN.

Edited by Andryah

If so... then your answer is they made it relatively low cost (100K really IS chump change in this game) and freely accessible to any character in your legacy. Unlike the multiple millions of dollars in credits you pay for a Morlinger or a Meditation Chair, etc. etc. on the GTN.

The money is peanuts, but he'd still need those certificates each time. ;)

(Also, yes - the Bounty Supply/Resale Corp are Legacy based, just like the other rep factions in the game)

Edited by Callaron